All things Dundee FC

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It’s mind numbingly tedious having to read the same negative posts after every defeat. The problem is many of the same people get far too carried away when we win a couple of games. McPake should be given this season at a minimum, then we can evaluate if it has been a success or not. Finish outside the playoffs then obviously he’s failed and should go. It’s far too early in the season for heads gone.

Some us think the exact same about the happy clappers as well. 

Talk of giving someone the season as a minimum is ridiculous, and completely lacking in reality.

Some 'positive' fans are just deluded and full of wishful thinking.

Some us think the exact same about the happy clappers as well. 
Talk of giving someone the season as a minimum is ridiculous, and completely lacking in reality.
Some 'positive' fans are just deluded and full of wishful thinking.

Okay say we sack McPake. Who comes in to replace him?

29 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Right. Well that’s exactly what Dundee fans were saying about Hemmings. He went for £250k.

And? Just because Nelms makes an arse of contracts, doesn't mean Utd will do the same.

If he leaves Utd in January for a pittance, I wont come back on this board.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Oh god, this again.

You lot are like a battered wife, cant leave the psycho beating you up, because you don't know whats around the corner.

Here is what you do, you sack the manager, open the post to applications, then hire the best. Something we clearly haven't done for years.

Oh god, this again.

You lot are like a battered wife, cant leave the psycho beating you up, because you don't know whats around the corner.

Here is what you do, you sack the manager, open the post to applications, then hire the best. Something we clearly haven't done for years.

I didn’t think you’d have an answer.

You only ever post on here after a poor result.

Serious questions for the McPake backers..

1. Do you believe he is the best manager we could possibly get?
  2. Do you believe he is getting the most out of his squad?

Anything less than two Yes answers, and you must question whether he is the right man for the job, surely?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I didn’t think you’d have an answer.

I am not Nelms, am I.

If someone is stealing from Asda, or always sick from NHS, or a poor performer for Arnold Clark, do you think they say, oh we cant sack him unless we have a replacement in place? No they sack him, then recruit, why is this concept difficult to understand?

Is defeat so welcoming that you are scared to even try and win? Fear of change is ridiculous.

I am not Nelms, am I.
If someone is stealing from Asda, or always sick from NHS, or a poor performer for Arnold Clark, do you think they say, oh we cant sack him unless we have a replacement in place? No they sack him, then recruit, why is this concept difficult to understand?
Is defeat so welcoming that you are scared to even try and win? Fear of change is ridiculous.

That’s probably the worst argument I’ve ever read and has absolutely nothing to do with James McPake at Dundee. It’s a ridiculous comparison.

We’ve had 2 defeats in our last 7. Like I said, you’re only ever on here after a poor result to have a moan and you’re yet to answer my question as to who is out there that could do any better than what we have.

How much would you take in January without a loan back?
How much do you think United would take?
The board simply can not contemplate selling him in January unless we happen to be 20 points ahead. I'm pretty sure Shankland, Utd, and the fans know it's going to happen, most likely at the end of the season though.

As for price,although I reckon it should be more, he'll go for around the £2M mark imo. The lad is a goal machine, his all round play is extremely good and he's now an international player.

In an ideal world, there will be a queue for him and a bidding war starts. Our best hope is that he goes down south as we'll get more, but I can't see him going anywhere other than Ibrox unfortunately.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

That’s probably the worst argument I’ve ever read and has absolutely nothing to do with James McPake at Dundee. It’s a ridiculous comparison.

We’ve had 2 defeats in our last 7. Like I said, you’re only ever on here after a poor result to have a moan and you’re yet to answer my question as to who is out there that could do any better than what we have.

You've yet to answer my questions, you're only ever backing whatever incumbent there is, like a nice little club poodle. It must be nice to have your thoughts controlled by club loyalty, and not having to form any yourself.

So you missed me posting after recent wins then? When we win our next game, I will @you so you can see if you like, I didn't realise my posts were of so much interest to you.

You've yet to answer my questions, you're only ever backing whatever incumbent there is, like a nice little club poodle. It must be nice to have your thoughts controlled by club loyalty, and not having to form any yourself.
So you missed me posting after recent wins then? When we win our next game, I will @you so you can see if you like, I didn't realise my posts were of so much interest to you.

Your argument is totally irrelevant until you can come up with some sort of solution i.e a different manager. Until then your posts are meaningless rants. Attempting to insult people who don’t agree with you just shows that you don’t really have anything to back up your argument.

Here’s a list of some of the available managers we could have:

John Hughes
Alan Stubbs
Owen Coyle
Billy Davies
Stuart McCall
Martin Canning
Gary Caldwell

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Your argument is totally irrelevant until you can come up with some sort of solution i.e a different manager. Until then your posts are meaningless rants. Attempting to insult people who don’t agree with you just shows that you don’t really have anything to back up your argument.

Here’s a list of some of the available managers we could have:

John Hughes
Alan Stubbs
Owen Coyle
Billy Davies
Stuart McCall
Martin Canning
Gary Caldwell

You started the insulting posts, so I replied. I disagree with a lot of people on here, but am polite, until I get abused, then I reply to it.

I don't need to list a manager to make the point that McPake is not doing a good job, thats ludicrous and lacking in logic.

If you have any serious questions, I will answer them.

The positive nonsense of backing a manager because he is in place has resulted in us being relegated, and in this mess. If the club had any structure in place, we would still be in the Premiership, not the Championship taking gubbings from Utd.

Edited by srw

11 minutes ago, srw said:

Anything less than two Yes answers, and you must question whether he is the right man for the job, surely?

1. With our current financial status, yes. Unless you want a Yogi jobber. We can't afford the likes of Jack Ross etc right now we have wasted a shit load of cash on mangers recently.

2. As this is a completely new squad, yes. I think only, Kerr, Nelson and Gowser are regular starters that we still have from last season. We have been improving game on game, yes he got his tactics all wrong for the Derby, but before that he has now got a settled formation, although not pretty on the eye is getting us results.

I said it before, imo the board will be happy with his progress, we are in a play off spot with a chance of promotion. 

I think you are deluded to think that we should be any higher. 

38 minutes ago, srw said:

1. Yes, with a but. If we could realistically get Jack Ross I'd personally carry him on my back to Dens if needed, but aside from him though, who else is there right now really? Those who are available are available for a reason, and I do not believe they could manage any better than Jazza. I understand completely the hesitance of others, but I want to believe that McPake can do this, and until Friday it certainly was starting to feel like that. After 1 loss, even if its against the best team in the league, though everyone is down his throat again. I genuinely don't know anyone outside Ross who I think "yeah, get him in". 

2. There has been a marked improvement in the last couple weeks, and he won the manager of the month award for good reason. He found a team that worked well, and used it successfully to get a wee winning run going. The real test now is to see the reaction against ICT, and that's where I think my definite opinion will be made. I'm not an idiot for being positive though, as I see the improvements we've made as a squad.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

1. With our current financial status, yes. Unless you want a Yogi jobber. We can't afford the likes of Jack Ross etc right now we have wasted a shit load of cash on mangers recently.

2. As this is a completely new squad, yes. I think only, Kerr, Nelson and Gowser are regular starters that we still have from last season. We have been improving game on game, yes he got his tactics all wrong for the Derby, but before that he has now got a settled formation, although not pretty on the eye is getting us results.

I said it before, imo the board will be happy with his progress, we are in a play off spot with a chance of promotion. 

I think you are deluded to think that we should be any higher. 

Fair enough, with your answers to the points.

It wont come as a surprise that I absolutely disagree with your POV, as for deluded, again, another poster with insults, I could retort, but you happy clappers seem quite sensitive, and like to dish it out, so well done.

Im quite disappointed that so many Dees are gutless wonders, and seem happy with failure.

21 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

The board simply can not contemplate selling him in January unless we happen to be 20 points ahead. I'm pretty sure Shankland, Utd, and the fans know it's going to happen, most likely at the end of the season though.

As for price,although I reckon it should be more, he'll go for around the £2M mark imo. The lad is a goal machine, his all round play is extremely good and he's now an international player.

In an ideal world, there will be a queue for him and a bidding war starts. Our best hope is that he goes down south as we'll get more, but I can't see him going anywhere other than Ibrox unfortunately.

So you would be ok with selling Shankland in January for £2m?

You started the insulting posts, so I replied. I disagree with a lot of people on here, but am polite, until I get abused, then I reply to it.
I don't need to list a manager to make the point that McPake is not doing a good job, thats ludicrous and lacking in logic.
If you have any serious questions, I will answer them.
The positive nonsense of backing a manager because he is in place has resulted in us being relegated, and in this mess. If the club had any structure in place, we would still be in the Premiership, not the Championship taking gubbings from Utd.

I didn’t think I had insulted you, if I have I apologise. I don’t always back a manager, I wanted McIntyre out from the minute he was appointed. McPake has been given the job, and whether you agree with that appointment or not it’s far too early for the abuse he’s getting and people wanting him out. He needs to be given time to do the job he was employed to do. I think the team are playing at about 75% of their capabilities and I’m willing to give McPake the chance to get the 100% out of them which would see us have a very good chance of promotion.

You, and the rest of the fans who share your opinion, need to get a bit of perspective. We’re doing fine just now and on track to finish in a playoff place, which in all honesty is the best we could have hoped for this year. United were always going to win the league and I’ve said that from the start of the season.

39 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Is Levein a better manager than McPake?

Is Jack Ross a better manager than McPake?

I’d say definitely yes to both.

I think Dick Campbell is doing a better job as manager in this league with what I’d imagine is a very limited budget compared to what McPake has and I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Dens. 

Edited by Yenitit

Is Levein a better manager than McPake?
Is Jack Ross a better manager than McPake?
I’d say definitely yes to both.
 I think Dick Campbell is doing a better job as manager in this league with what I’d imagine is a very limited budget compared to what McPake has and I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Dens. 

There’s absolutely no way we would get either of those first 2 managers. I could be wrong but I imagine getting Dick Campbell would involve paying Arbroath a fee which I’m not sure we would be willing to do.