All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

After one transfer window, you're expecting a second tier club to put together a well balanced, competitive squad, especially when there's practically no holdover from the season before? Seriously?

I would expect a team that can pass at pace and have quick movement off the ball.

United got their penalty because the United player was running in the box towards the goal at speed and McDaid put in a lunging tackle. McDaid never got a penalty because he never ran at pace in the box towards the United goal!

We are shite and we deserved that.
To cut a long story short; two stupid goals to throw away (looked a pen from the Derry, then Nelson basically gifts the second) but ultimately just not good enough all round.
McPake needs to carry the can for a second terrible derby — there’s a few good players in the side but there we go.
Thank you.
Ps. f**k Dundee United.

Seconded.

f**k those c***s.

Thank You.

You’re talking shite.

Thank You.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] aye ok pal. You were impressed then with the team tonight ? And how they played ? We play the same shite way every week and it's only because other teams are shite that we get some results.

Thank you

19 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

:lol:

that includes no left sided midfielder or winger, a guy playing rightback who looks every bit as much out of his depth in this league as he did the one above, a LB signed from a part-time club, two viable centre-halfs in the entire squad, a bombscare goalie, and trio of forwards who might as well spend 90 mins running laps of the pitch for all the service they get because we can't play two up front without being totally exposed in the centre of the park,

But aye, sure, we should be doing better than 3rd in the league. :wacko:

I can only assume you are, in fact, James McPake.

2 minutes ago, srw said:

He was given free reign to sign a new squad, we have what Hamilton, Kerr, McGowan and Nelson from last season? You'd think balance would be important in building a squad, but we have 5 central midfielders, pish wide players, 3 strikers, 2 defenders, the balance is miles out.

Yet you think thats a justification for defending McPake? I think thats justification for a P45.

Ayr managed to rebuild their squad just fine.

No, that's exactly what I'd expect of team having to try an assemble an entirely new squad in one transfer window. It's not an attempt to defend McPake at all because it's a ridiculous assertion to suggest that we should have gone into September with a perfectly balanced and capable squad in the first place.

Do you actually remember what a total shambles this club was from January to May this year?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] aye ok pal. You were impressed then with the team tonight ? And how they played ? We play the same shite way every week and it's only because other teams are shite that we get some results.

Thank you

Come back and talk to me when you’ve calmed down. You’re a total seething mess.

Money is no excuse for a display like that, our style of play is just absolute crap. Far too slow and laboured, no real decent width and fragile at the back. Strikers have no chance in that team. In any case, Hemmings and Byrne are on more money than any Utd player bar shankland! Mcpake has been another gamble by Nelms, another mistake 

Come back and talk to me when you’ve calmed down. You’re a total seething mess.
Think this guy must be a secret arab[emoji23] completely oblivious to the glaring deficincies in the team and is in denial. Be realistic about the team mate, we're shite [emoji23]

Thank you

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I would expect a team that can pass at pace and have quick movement off the ball.

United got their penalty because the United player was running in the box towards the goal at speed and McDaid put in a lunging tackle. McDaid never got a penalty because he never ran at pace in the box towards the United goal!

That McDaid challenge was bizarre. He slid in with his legs pulled in then only extended them when the ball was away and the only possible outcome was going to be contact. 

Those player/manager of the month awards are definitely jinxed. 

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

No, that's exactly what I'd expect of team having to try an assemble an entirely new squad in one transfer window. It's not an attempt to defend McPake at all because it's a ridiculous assertion to suggest that we should have gone into September with a perfectly balanced and capable squad in the first place.

Do you actually remember what a total shambles this club was from January to May this year?

I absolutely expect a manager to sign players to offer a degree of balance, yet we aren't even close to that.

Its now November and we still don't know how to play football.

January to May is irrelevant now, however, if anything it should have helped McPake, he had a clear slate to work with, but has massively buggered things up.

8 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:
17 minutes ago, Dele said:
Second best player on the park for Dundee. Not that the bar was set at any height. 

Ok follow up question. How was he the second best player for us tonight ?? Absolutely no-one played well at all. Not one player

Because he at least attempted to play passes and broke up United's attacks. 

Think this guy must be a secret arab[emoji23] completely oblivious to the glaring deficincies in the team and is in denial. Be realistic about the team mate, we're shite [emoji23]

Thank you

I’ve said since the start of the season we wouldn’t win the league. Just have to do use in finishing second now and taking out chances in a playoff. They’ve had 3 years to build this team, we’ve had 6 months.

1 minute ago, srw said:

I absolutely expect a manager to sign players to offer a degree of balance, yet we aren't even close to that.

Its now November and we still don't know how to play football.

January to May is irrelevant now, however, if anything it should have helped McPake, he had a clear slate to work with, but has massively buggered things up.

We've just won three matches in a row prior to tonight.

@RossDee01 is bang on. Folk need to have a sleep and calm down.

Sickened but some of the comments on here are shocking. Call long time posters DABs and all FFS. 

We are comfortably a play-off level team and we will never challenge for the title this season. That doesn't bother me. Entirely expected that this season.

What I am against is the fact that once our slow, laborious build up play was a complete proven flop tonight we had no plan B and just waited on the inevitable. To be saying our best option at right wing is a striker that can't play the position is also damning.

its 06:28 where I am, woke up early to watch that display.

We had people say McCann will get it right, just wait, less so for McIntyre, but the same again for McPake.

Its tedious and beyond acceptable, McPake looks the worst of the lot, utterly clueless, can you really see him turning it around, I give him less than a 1% chance, he is dull, confused and lacking any managerial qualities.