All things Dundee FC

Just been walking the dog and spent the whole walk with two songs going around my head; alternating between "Hate United, Arab barstools, we will chase them, everywhere" and "Jim McLean, baldy-headed clump" or something like that... :whistle

Certainly not a wasted walk, then....

Its ok, we can beat Alloa and Morton.

Tonight was utterly pathetic and embarrassing yet again. McPake is out of his depth, its staggeringly obvious to anyone who cares to open their eyes.

9 minutes ago, srw said:

Has Josh McPake ever looked anything but utter shite?

Nope. Needs punted back to the tribute act in January and replaced with a player capable of actually contributing for 20 mins.

Sean Mackie was complete and utter pish the entire 90 mins. Gave the ball away constantly, miscontrolled balls dribbled to him from 5 yards away, created nothing, stopped nothing. Yet another absolute nothing of a player on loan. How the hell do we keep taking these guys when they're clearly miles short of what's required? FFS I'm pushing 50 and a borderline alcoholic. If they just want a warm body to pad out the squad, I'll do it.

I know he has scored a few good goals recently, but McDaid is either good, or utterly dreadful, Mackie is useless, Nelson clearly isn't a winger/wide player. We are going nowhere with this manager, team or tactics.

2 minutes ago, srw said:

Its ok, we can beat Alloa and Morton.

Tonight was utterly pathetic and embarrassing yet again. McPake is out of his depth, its staggeringly obvious to anyone who cares to open their eyes.

I'm not sure how getting beaten by a team spending twice the amount of money on their squad that we have, when they've also had four seasons to get their shit together and assemble a decent squad = McPake being out of his depth.

This Dundee team isn't capable of winning this league, so I've no idea why some Dundee fans seem to be under the impression we should be. We've dumped about 25 players since January, neither McPake nor any other realistic manager would sort that out in one transfer window.

Performance was pish, but we're playing against a team away ahead of us in terms of money spent, and preparation time. We've just won three of our last four, so was McPake out of his depth for those as well?

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

I'm not sure how getting beaten by a team spending twice the amount of money on their squad that we have

:lol: Your midfield contains a midfielder Kilmarnock couldn't afford, and a midfielder who was contracted to a side in a league above. While Hemmings up front will be earning a fair whack aswell. You're speaking as if your budget is tiny and all you can afford is shite.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm not sure how getting beaten by a team spending twice the amount of money on their squad that we have, when they've also had four seasons to get their shit together and assemble a decent squad = McPake being out of his depth.

This Dundee team isn't capable of winning this league, so I've no idea why some Dundee fans seem to be under the impression we should be. We've dumped about 25 players since January, neither McPake nor any other realistic manager would sort that out in one transfer window.

Performance was pish, but we're playing against a team away ahead of us in terms of money spent, and preparation time. We've just won three of our last four, so was McPake out of his depth for those as well?

A semi competent manager would get more out of our team, and a better performance IMO. That performance was utterly unacceptable for me.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: Your midfield contains a midfielder Kilmarnock couldn't afford, and a midfielder who was contracted to a side in a league above. While Hemmings up front will be earning a fair whack aswell. You're speaking as if your budget is tiny and all you can afford is shite.

What a take :lol:

I'm talking about a team spending nearly twice what we are on wages.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

What a take :lol:

I'm talking about a team spending nearly twice what we are on wages.

Your midfield of Dorrans and Byrne, a midfield pairing most top flight teams would love, got dominated by a midfield containing Callum Butcher.

Money has nothing to do with what happened tonight

1 minute ago, srw said:

A semi competent manager would get more out of our team, and a better performance IMO. That performance was utterly unacceptable for me.

Please explain how exactly?

Bear in mind that every time we've tried to play two up front this season the midfield gets totally over-run and we've struggled against the likes of Morton and QoS

We played badly, but the fact is we lost because of two idiotic individual errors from McDaid and Mackie.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your midfield of Dorrans and Byrne, a midfield pairing most top flight teams would love, got dominated by a midfield containing Callum Butcher.

Money has nothing to do with what happened tonight

Christ you don't half talk some pish :lol:

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Christ you don't half talk some pish :lol:

Nah, McPake has built a squad with an experienced quality midfield, and has been in charge for 6 months. If you think, technically, having no real shot on target, at home, in a derby, is fine because United have spent more money, then you're completely deluded.