All things Dundee FC

20 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

We could definitely use another player like McGowan for making a like for like substitution, but unfortunately neither Ness, Byrne, or Roberston are the type to play that position in the same way.

When we were up in the Premiership I never understood McCann's insistence of playing Gowser in the middle of the 3 behind the stirker when we had the likes of Scot Allan sitting doing nothing. Down in this league though, the players are generally a bit less comfortable on the ball, don't use space as well, so cycling it becomes a wee bit more difficult. Gowser harassing ball-playing defenders and deep midfielders should be a bit more effective in terms of hurrying them into a mistake and giving us the ball back, so I can see the merits of using him there currently. 

On Friday we were going after the three points at home, so moving the better ball player in Dorrans forward into that role once Gowser tired and went off made sense, especially since Morton only ventured out of their own half once in the second half and were obviously content to sit behind the ball and play for a point. When we're trying to hold on to a lead it would be handy to have another terrier-like player to stick in there instead. Against better teams, I think the most expedient thing in the meantime is to hope we have the lead by the time he has to go off, then drop to a more conventional 1-4 or flat 5 in midfield and use some combo of Robertson/Dorrans/Ness/Byrne. I don't think any of them are suited to playing in that advanced role when we're trying to hold a game, and the likes of Todd or McPake are certainly not, which was the annoying thing about the situation at the end of the Partick debacle.

This exactly!

Is that trophy not cursed? McPake to be sent off in a 7-0 defeat, Gary Irvine to run on the pitch (Or the stand) and head butt Pawlett  and McDaid to concede a hat trick of penalties and 3 OG's.

Is that trophy not cursed? McPake to be sent off in a 7-0 defeat, Gary Irvine to run on the pitch (Or the stand) and head butt Pawlett  and McDaid to concede a hat trick of penalties and 3 OG's.

He’ll miss Pawlett, the diving wee shite will already be flat on his pus!

My good lady's other love, Stoke City, are apparently on the verge of announcing the appointment of Northern Ireland's current manager Michael O'Neill.

Reports are including and mentioning the fact Jimmy Nicholl is his international no.2 and that he is keen to have an experienced team around him if appointed.

Now, if this happens, and I'm only thinking aloud, a certain ex Stoke City player would be my first choice for any vacancy as assistant player/manager.

Make it so, bring Charlie home!!!!!

Best regards and home win tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

My good lady's other love, Stoke City, are apparently on the verge of announcing the appointment of Northern Ireland's current manager Michael O'Neill.

Reports are including and mentioning the fact Jimmy Nicholl is his international no.2 and that he is keen to have an experienced team around him if appointed.

Now, if this happens, and I'm only thinking aloud, a certain ex Stoke City player would be my first choice for any vacancy as assistant player/manager.

Make it so, bring Charlie home!!!!!

Best regards and home win tomorrow.

Image result for Gordon strachan."

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

5 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Currently helping run an art therapy class and I can’t help but imagining Gowser scoring a last minute winner and windmilling into the away end. It’s distracting as f**k.

Draw it.