All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Looking further ahead do we look to get Ness in the team alongside Byrne and push Dorrans forward into the role Gowser’s been playing or do we leave it as it is with the 3 of Dorrans, Byrne and Gowser?

Was contemplating taking Gowser out, putting Dorrans in his role and filling his current role with Ness. I know Gowser's on a hot streak, but having Dorrans in that more attacking role is money. Will leave it to Jazza to figure out, feel he's a much more well-rounded manager since the Tannadice derby (as much as 2 months of improvement can give you).

After the capitulation against Partick after Gowser went off, I feared for the worst last night when Ness came on for him and proceeded to shank his cross from the right straight out the pitch and behind the goals. How wrong I was. Some finish. 

Dropping Gowser would be a mistake though IMO. Vastly underrated in what he's been bringing to the game lately. It's all very well having a midfield of ballers but you need that terrier with his tenacity in there. Probably has the other players terrified for their lives to make a mistake as well so keeps the fuckers on their toes. 

I was going to say something else as well but I can't mind what it was. 

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

After the capitulation against Partick after Gowser went off, I feared for the worst last night when Ness came on for him and proceeded to shank his cross from the right straight out the pitch and behind the goals. How wrong I was. Some finish. 

Dropping Gowser would be a mistake though IMO. Vastly underrated in what he's been bringing to the game lately. It's all very well having a midfield of ballers but you need that terrier with his tenacity in there. Probably has the other players terrified for their lives to make a mistake as well so keeps the fuckers on their toes. 

Ness brings a bit of a presence at both attacking and defensive set pieces as well. Handy as we’re far from being the tallest of sides and defending set pieces has been the biggest problem for us so far this season. 

Having said that I agree about what  Gowser brings to the side. 

Edited by Yenitit

I'll hold hands up and say I've been very critical of McGowan. No denying how important he has been over the last few games and hope he continues to prove me wrong.

51 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Keep it as is. Keep Gowser on till around 60/70 and put Ness on for him.

Echo this completely. Vs Patrick his substitution was game changing and last night, I feared as much. Ness though. OYF.

I don't disagree with your point but I think the issue was much more Byrne coming off in that game. Gowser is a bit further up and had tired so kind of get it but Byrne was strolling it and dominating things.

I don't disagree with your point but I think the issue was much more Byrne coming off in that game. Gowser is a bit further up and had tired so kind of get it but Byrne was strolling it and dominating things.

No surprise NDD has disappeared since we’ve went on a decent streak and Gowser has been influential in it, btw.
McGowan is a decent championship player and does well for 60 minutes. However he still sadly gives him silly balls which usually lead to us on the back foot.
However right now since Robertson got dropped we have been doing better.
Byrne and Dorrans we need to make sure they dont get injured. We need them both.

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

Third strip announced at the sponsors dinner. Not revealed yet but it’s apparently “dark red” and will be connected to SSAFA again. 

Been looking forward to seeing it. I just hope it's not an entire insignia messing up a lovely shirt like last season's, or this effort that also used 'dark red':

Image result for dundee fc third kit

Keep the SSAFA stuff tasteful and not OTT, and we can finally have a third kit I want to buy.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Sam Fisher on loan at East Kilbride I think, but that's it.
Yeah got into a conversation with the old boy earlier about Finlay Robertson. Reckon he could do with some game time however reckon when he played he looked the part but we weren't getting the results with him in the team.
But looking at our squad seems if we got a few injuries we would probably need to get him to step in