All things Dundee FC

Weather was shite, pitch was like an ice rink, 3rd game in 7 days for every one of them... still won.

Fight like that is admirable, and I'm willing to take the tough parts of that performance with a pinch of salt. 3 points is all that matters though, and we got them.

Where the f**k would we be without Dorrans?

23 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Phewemoji36.pngemoji36.png

That was tough to watch.

Slow passing, slow movement, slow build up play. Boring.

Result is what matters at the end of the day but it helps if you pass quickly and be direct against teams that sit in all the time.

Anyway, small matter of the derby next week. Hopefully Marshall is back as I don't rate Mackie at all.

Nonsense.  Morton had 10 players behind the ball every time we were in possession. What did you expect us to do with it?

I bet you're one of those people who boos when we pass it about at the back, and when we kick it long and lose possession. 

We'll see plenty of teams like that at Dens this season. We just need to patiently break them down, even if it doesn't make for a good spectacle. 

Maybe sounds strange, and I certainly didn't think it when leaving the ground after the Partick Thistle collapse.

However it just maybe be one of our best results this season for the massive in-yer-face wake up call alone.

South Enclosure beckons again next Friday, happy days.

Best regards

Nonsense.  Morton had 10 players behind the ball every time we were in possession. What did you expect us to do with it?

I bet you're one of those people who boos when we pass it about at the back, and when we kick it long and lose possession. 

We'll see plenty of teams like that at Dens this season. We just need to patiently break them down, even if it doesn't make for a good spectacle. 

There was a boy behind me who done exactly that the whole game. Example of his shouts today:

Playing the ball across the midfield and moving Morton about: “get it up the fucking park instead of this sideways shite”

Dorrans plays ball over the top and nobody makes a run: “what the f**k are you just booting it up the park for !”

50 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Phewemoji36.pngemoji36.png

That was tough to watch.

Slow passing, slow movement, slow build up play. Boring.

Result is what matters at the end of the day but it helps if you pass quickly and be direct against teams that sit in all the time.

Anyway, small matter of the derby next week. Hopefully Marshall is back as I don't rate Mackie at all.

Tonight was the polar opposite of the performance down at Alloa. The passing was done a lot sharper on Tuesday and Nelson and McDaid were higher up the park.

Pish game with 1 side content to sit in and defend but a win’s a win and onto next week!