All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd be curious at seeing this 4-3-3:

Hazard

Kerr, McGhee, Forster, Marshall

Byrne, Dorrans, Ness

Johnson, Hemmings, Nelson

Easily could sub in McDaid for Nelson (or vice versa if you wish). Maybe too many defensive CMs in that midfield but I feel they're our 3 best defenders (when fit of course). Maybe have Byrne sat in further behind the other two.

That’s the line up that I would’ve liked to have seen at a home fixture by now. 

Todd, whilst decent on the ball has the stamina of a 93 year old COPD sufferer. If he isn't playing in an advanced central role then it's just pointless starting him.
He's not really started many games for us, United and Aberdeen apart from the diddy matches.

I've always thought seeing him play elsewhere that he had an exceptionally good work rate and kept going for the whole game on the wing. Maybe just caught him on exceptionally good days though.

Thought the midfield 3 of Dorrans, McGowan and Byre were excellent tonight. Really hope McPake doesn’t just throw Ness straight back in now that he’s fit again. Wouldn’t be too keen to distrust that middle of the park just now.

12 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Thought the midfield 3 of Dorrans, McGowan and Byre were excellent tonight. Really hope McPake doesn’t just throw Ness straight back in now that he’s fit again. Wouldn’t be too keen to distrust that middle of the park just now.

Agreed. Byrne and Dorrans controlled the game again. The only blight on Gowser’s performance was his finishing. 

Probably would’ve taken the 3 nil score line before the game!

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

Allocated. It won't have seat numbers as they're on first page of ST'S. 

Yeah thanks for that. Just got off the phone from the office and they can't help. He has his phone off at work and they for confidentiality reasons can't tell me the seat number. 

If anyone wants a ticket for free and doesn't mind searching for a seat without a reserve sticker, they can have it.

Edited by Crawford

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Yeah thanks for that. Just got off the phone from the office and they can't help. He has his phone off at work and they for confidentiality reasons can't tell me the seat number. 

If anyone wants a ticket for free and doesn't mind searching for a seat without a reserve sticker, they can have it.

That's a nice offer Crawford, kudos. 

The only thing I'd add in is some of the stewards are arsehole (I know, I know) and unless they physically see you rip ticket from book they'll just flat out refuse you entry. 

On 29/10/2019 at 05:42, Dele said:

Todd, whilst decent on the ball has the stamina of a 93 year old COPD sufferer. If he isn't playing in an advanced central role then it's just pointless starting him.

If you guys font have a use for Josh Todd we will happily have him back. He was outstanding for us in a wide role up to the end of Jan last season. Picked up an injury between the two cup ties with you, was out for 6 weeks or so, signed a pre contract with you and never looked as good when he came back.

Phew[emoji36][emoji36]

That was tough to watch.

Slow passing, slow movement, slow build up play. Boring.

Result is what matters at the end of the day but it helps if you pass quickly and be direct against teams that sit in all the time.

Anyway, small matter of the derby next week. Hopefully Marshall is back as I don't rate Mackie at all.