All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

He’d have to hobble his way to ‘work’.

Imagine turning up at his house to buy some? You'd be like, "Mate, if this shit is so good, how come you're wrapped up like an Egyptian mummy with all your limbs in traction?"

catch-22-hospital.jpg

55 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I hope it goes bust and Davies loses his car, house and wife.

Harsh, however incredibly fair in the circumstances.

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Imagine turning up at his house to buy some? You'd be like, "Mate, if this shit is so good, how come you're wrapped up like an Egyptian mummy with all your limbs in traction?"

catch-22-hospital.jpg

The bottle on the left, 18 year old malt?  Hold on, on second thoughts it is Andrew Davies in the mummy's mitten body-suit!!

Best regards

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Andrew Davies, Craig Curran and Martin Woods have formed a company (Alongside several other players) aimed at punting that shite herbalife.

Davies missed the first meeting due to injury and is unlikely to attend any meetings at all until retiring ....

Davies missed the first meeting due to injury and is unlikely to attend any meetings at all until retiring ....

They had a rehearsal meeting when the company was first set up but he fell down the stairs before he left the house so that’s him out for he unforeseeable future.

I agree regarding Hemmings he did well last night.
Between 3 of them many do you reckon they will score.
Or even just Hemmings do you think he will get more than say 10?
I wont take too many people serious as we had some thinking Curran would score a good few this season and we seen how that turned out. ( did the person pay up already )

Nelson on the left? Didnt do much crossing of the ball, had one attempt at goal first half straight at keeper ( didnt watch second half so unsure how he got on ) but he did a good bit of running , tracked back a little certainly but defending for goal was awful.

I was the one talking Curran up - and just to kill this stone dead there were no fucking bets taking, so no paying up required. I take a very dim view of you suggesting I’d welch on a bet.

I was the one talking Curran up - and just to kill this stone dead there were no fucking bets taking, so no paying up required. I take a very dim view of you suggesting I’d welch on a bet.
So you didnt bet on Curran ? I was quite positive a bet was placed but cant be fucked trolling through to check. Meh
Couldnt see why would talk Curran since he offered absolutely nothing at his time at Dundee. I guess he found his future sadly selling Herbalife.
To think even Moussa was a better striker than him.
We genuinely have had bad signings last wee while :-(.

Alloa next so looking forward to getting the 3 points , a tricky one I reckon. A game we should be looking to win

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Anyone got a view on young Henvey? 

We have signed him on a short term deal at Kelty before he tries his hand down under.

Many of us were upset to see him go. Promising prospect, happy to finally see him signed at a club.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Anyone got a view on young Henvey? 

We have signed him on a short term deal at Kelty before he tries his hand down under.

He was looking decent until Darian MacKinnon totally fucked him with this challenge not long after he'd scored his first senior goal. MacKinnon then went crying to the press that the Dundee fans had shouted bad things at him and he had considered jumping into the Dundee end :lol:

Screenshot_20191028-104635_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

He was looking decent until Darian MacKinnon totally fucked him with this challenge not long after he'd scored his first senior goal. MacKinnon then went crying to the press that the Dundee fans had shouted bad things at him and he had considered jumping into the Dundee end :lol:

Screenshot_20191028-104635_Chrome.jpg

That looks a bad one! Was he out for long?

So you didnt bet on Curran ? I was quite positive a bet was placed but cant be fucked trolling through to check. Meh
Couldnt see why would talk Curran since he offered absolutely nothing at his time at Dundee. I guess he found his future sadly selling Herbalife.
To think even Moussa was a better striker than him.
We genuinely have had bad signings last wee while :-(.

Alloa next so looking forward to getting the 3 points , a tricky one I reckon. A game we should be looking to win

He was miles better than Moussa. Not a patch on Ian Davidson though.

On 26/10/2019 at 20:55, rainbowrising said:

Nelson was being asked far too much of.  Fighting for the ball in midfield, pushing forward and having to cover left back as well.  The Ayr goal was due to crap marking on the initial cross. There is always the danger defenders lose their opponent as the second ball comes over and players are chasing the ball coming in.  The really awful defending was at the original cross.

We really need to replace Cammy in his current position at dead ball situations (Nelson or Hemmings perhaps), other teams are clearly targeting his area with much bigger players knowing he isn't physical enough. 

My team for tomorrow night. (The team I want to see anyway, not the one i think he'll go for)

Same back 5 that started v Ayr. Robertson in for Byrne as I think he offers very little and feel it's time for Finlay to have a run in the team again, as I can't stand Byrne.

Todd for Nelson as he will track back more and is the natural option for LM.

Was a toss up between Nelson and Johnson for the sole striker position. Even though I don't think he'll drop Kane, I feel it's the right time to start Danny and/or Andy now. It's been a while since Johnson started a game (I'm sure) and he holds the ball up better than Kane and Andy, even if Kane was fantastic in the 2nd half at it, and Andy put in a great shift on the left for the majority of the game and did well for McDaids goal.

Striker selection could go any way as far as I'm concerned.

Hazard
Kerr McGhee Forster Marshall
Dorrans Robertson
McDaid Gowser Todd
Johnson/Nelson

9 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Regarding tomorrow night I'm fairly confident it'll be the same team as Friday, but do we think it'd be possible to get Hemmings, Johnson and Nelson playing upfront as a 3? Who would drop out? 

I'd be curious at seeing this 4-3-3:

Hazard

Kerr, McGhee, Forster, Marshall

Byrne, Dorrans, Ness

Johnson, Hemmings, Nelson

Easily could sub in McDaid for Nelson (or vice versa if you wish). Maybe too many defensive CMs in that midfield but I feel they're our 3 best defenders (when fit of course). Maybe have Byrne sat in further behind the other two.

I'd keep Byrne in ahead of Robertson. 
Regarding tomorrow night I'm fairly confident it'll be the same team as Friday, but do we think it'd be possible to get Hemmings, Johnson and Nelson playing upfront as a 3? Who would drop out? 
Can't see many times in which all 3 will be on at the same time this season.

Thought Johnson was fantastic against Aberdeen in league cup but haven't seen him much since then, albeit I've been working alot on Saturdays.

We've got 3 fantastic strikers I feel, with each one having different abilities than the others.

Johnson's hold up play is fantastic I think, and his finishing is very good along with his penalty taking.

Hemmings' ability on the ball is great, although i feel he's been trying really hard to create chances for others alot instead of scoring chances himself since he returned, largely due to the fact we don't have Stewart and Harkins, and he's been played up top on his own alot.

Nelson has pace and ability, albeit he strikes me as a headless chicken sometimes (in a good way though) as he runs about alot without really thinking about it it seems to me.

In January we NEED 2 competent CB's (I really like the look of McGhee so far), a creative midfielder and another GK.

Again, just my opinion.