All things Dundee FC

Regarding last night, a few points that came out of it.

1. Cammy is still very limited, even at this level. Got decent enough athleticism but lacks a football brain
2. Forster gives me the fear at times. It’s like he doesn’t time his jumping at times. Strolls our of position at times also
3. McDaid was very good. So direct and always a threat but holds onto the ball instead of a through ball, pass etc
4. We badly need a left winger similar to McDaid. McPake could be it but he’s young and not ours
5. McGhee strolls it. Never looks like he’s in trouble. My player of the season so far.
6. Hemmings was very good again last night. His overall play is fantastic. Holding it up, laying it off etc is second to none at this level. The system doesn’t really suit him to score the goal he used to for us
7. Dorrans seems to be the one everyone listens to even though he doesn’t wear the armband. Had a pretty big fall out with Forster first half although it did look like Forster was in the wrong. He’s got a cracking delivery too.
8. Hazard had a comfortable debut. Decent on the cross and took danger away from the defence. Kicking a bit suspect but he’s young

I’m probably in the minority here in thinking Hamilton hasn’t really done anything wrong this season and think he gets more stick than he deserves , I mean everyone can see our defence is not exactly great so there’s only so much he can do

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Some p***k got into Andrew Nelson's car last night and nicked his card and cash from his wallet, and used it just to pay for his bus fare and buy breakfast at Bayne's the next day. Hope the bacon roll was worth it, the absolute waster.

If true, bus CCTV will get the ned.

25 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nella tweeted saying it's already being dealt with, so I'm sure he's already been caught.

I'm hearing he enlisted the help of Rab Douglas and the perpetrator is now dead. 

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Regarding last night, a few points that came out of it.

1. Cammy is still very limited, even at this level. Got decent enough athleticism but lacks a football brain
2. Forster gives me the fear at times. It’s like he doesn’t time his jumping at times. Strolls our of position at times also
3. McDaid was very good. So direct and always a threat but holds onto the ball instead of a through ball, pass etc
4. We badly need a left winger similar to McDaid. McPake could be it but he’s young and not ours
5. McGhee strolls it. Never looks like he’s in trouble. My player of the season so far.
6. Hemmings was very good again last night. His overall play is fantastic. Holding it up, laying it off etc is second to none at this level. The system doesn’t really suit him to score the goal he used to for us
7. Dorrans seems to be the one everyone listens to even though he doesn’t wear the armband. Had a pretty big fall out with Forster first half although it did look like Forster was in the wrong. He’s got a cracking delivery too.
8. Hazard had a comfortable debut. Decent on the cross and took danger away from the defence. Kicking a bit suspect but he’s young

Can’t disagree with any of that. A centre half is 1st on the list of requirements in January if any money is made available. 

Regarding Hemmings , yeh he seems to hold the ball up well, but with Hemmings, Nelson and Johnson how many goals do we think they will get together?
With three strikers like that they should be scoring a lot more at this level however we wte very lucky they are even taken any shots at goal.

Meh if everyone chips in goals I suppose it dosnt matter how we win but would be nice to see our strikers chip in more goals.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Regarding Hemmings , yeh he seems to hold the ball up well, but with Hemmings, Nelson and Johnson how many goals do we think they will get together?
With three strikers like that they should be scoring a lot more at this level however we wte very lucky they are even taken any shots at goal.

Meh if everyone chips in goals I suppose it dosnt matter how we win but would be nice to see our strikers chip in more goals.

Think that's harsh. All 3 are the type of strikers that can potentially win the Championship Golden Boot award on any given season. The way we are playing requires them to be the hold up player though and we are relying more on the midfield to score. 

Boo Khaki made an exceptional post a page or so back about a potential way we could get them scoring more freely. 

For what it's worth, I thought Hemmings was excellent last night and don't think Johnson or Nelson could've done the job he did for the side last night.

Think that's harsh. All 3 are the type of strikers that can potentially win the Championship Golden Boot award on any given season. The way we are playing requires them to be the hold up player though and we are relying more on the midfield to score. 
Boo Khaki made an exceptional post a page or so back about a potential way we could get them scoring more freely. 
For what it's worth, I thought Hemmings was excellent last night and don't think Johnson or Nelson could've done the job he did for the side last night.

I agree regarding Hemmings he did well last night.
Between 3 of them many do you reckon they will score.
Or even just Hemmings do you think he will get more than say 10?
I wont take too many people serious as we had some thinking Curran would score a good few this season and we seen how that turned out. ( did the person pay up already )

Nelson on the left? Didnt do much crossing of the ball, had one attempt at goal first half straight at keeper ( didnt watch second half so unsure how he got on ) but he did a good bit of running , tracked back a little certainly but defending for goal was awful.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I agree regarding Hemmings he did well last night.
Between 3 of them many do you reckon they will score.
Or even just Hemmings do you think he will get more than say 10?
I wont take too many people serious as we had some thinking Curran would score a good few this season and we seen how that turned out. ( did the person pay up already )

Nelson on the left? Didnt do much crossing of the ball, had one attempt at goal first half straight at keeper ( didnt watch second half so unsure how he got on ) but he did a good bit of running , tracked back a little certainly but defending for goal was awful.

Nelson was being asked far too much of.  Fighting for the ball in midfield, pushing forward and having to cover left back as well.  The Ayr goal was due to crap marking on the initial cross. There is always the danger defenders lose their opponent as the second ball comes over and players are chasing the ball coming in.  The really awful defending was at the original cross.

10 hours ago, K.T said:

Must also be praying the main man Lawrence Shankland plays more games than last season, imho.

Still well in view, considering we've not even started playing as yet, must be a pressing concern for our neighbours, lol.

Best regards oh-dear-how-sad-never-mind.png.9db751e4aeac95c77b74581b01778f63.png 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Must also be praying the main man Lawrence Shankland plays more games than last season, imho.

Still well in view, considering we've not even started playing as yet, must be a pressing concern for our neighbours, lol.

Best regards oh-dear-how-sad-never-mind.png.9db751e4aeac95c77b74581b01778f63.png 

Image result for grave dancing gif"

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Andrew Davies, Craig Curran and Martin Woods have formed a company (Alongside several other players) aimed at punting that shite herbalife.

I hope it goes bust and Davies loses his car, house and wife.