All things Dundee FC

Kerr is going to almost single handedly cost one of his idols a job at this rate. Culpable for the goal tonight, gave away the free kick last week, then lost his man for the goal and been at fault for quite a few goals this season.

He's having his worst season yet IMO.

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Dare I say it, 

Hemmings offers nothing just now. He should be 3rd choice.

There, I've said it.

Harsh, he needs service, we've zero creativity in the middle or out wide, no one looks capable of beating a man and we're a bombscare at the back which creates nervousness throughout the team. Hemmings will score given the chance but he can't with balls floating over his head constantly

1 minute ago, ravabelli said:

Harsh, he needs service, we've zero creativity in the middle or out wide, no one looks capable of beating a man and we're a bombscare at the back which creates nervousness throughout the team. Hemmings will score given the chance but he can't with balls floating over his head constantly

I don't think I am being harsh. Can the boy not create chances for himself, like Nelson does.

Nelson was fucking woeful tonight, he's the weakest out the three imo

Just shows how our opinions differ with this.

I would start Nelson before Johnson or Hemmings. The boy has movement, want and more spark than the other 2 just now.

Nelson was fucking woeful tonight, he's the weakest out the three imo

The majority of strikers would look shite with what we are providing them.

Let's not fall into the delusion that Nelson, Hemmings or Johnson are duds here. They wouldn't be playing at this level at their stage of their careers if they were world beaters, but provide any of the 3 with a really good strikers chance and there's not one I wouldn't have belief in. The problem is, they're being made to look shite because they're working off half chances and resorting to a Kenny Miller role. There was one point tonight when Nelson made a great tackle outside the 18 yard box (of our goal). Unacceptable.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Forgot this was on tonight.

Another off night for Kate (best striker in the league) Hemmings?

Off you pop now sad-act, must surely, be surely bed-time by now.

Best regards (to anyone who ridicules this DAB fool) scoot.gif.05bdb1854ab1388a266daf55299b38ce.gif

Edited by This Charming Man

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

There was one point tonight when Nelson made a great tackle outside the 18 yard box (of our goal). Unacceptable.

Both Dorrans and Robertson closed down and got taken out the game. I thought before the game we were far too soft in the middle and it showed first half. Dorrans should be played as a no.10 with two behind him IMO. That however, leaves 2 strikers - who are arguably first teamers - on the bench.

54 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Dare I say we actually look worse than we did under McCann and with better players! Tells us something 

I wanted Hartley gone, however, each appointment after than has been a downgrade.
Nelms appointments have been absolutely awful, when McPake leaves in a few months, god knows who he will appoint, Susan Boyle probably. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The majority of strikers would look shite with what we are providing them.

Let's not fall into the delusion that Nelson, Hemmings or Johnson are duds here. They wouldn't be playing at this level at their stage of their careers if they were world beaters, but provide any of the 3 with a really good strikers chance and there's not one I wouldn't have belief in. The problem is, they're being made to look shite because they're working off half chances and resorting to a Kenny Miller role. There was one point tonight when Nelson made a great tackle outside the 18 yard box (of our goal). Unacceptable.

I agree, the service is pathetic but hit a poor pass to Hemmings or Nelson which one would you put your money on keeping hold of the ball? That unfortunately is the level we're at, there were some shocking straight forward passes there tonight that were either miles over hit or under hit

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

4-3-3 vs. Arbroath.

Kerr, McGhee, Meekings, Marshall

McGowan, Dorrans, Robertson

Nelson, Hemmings, Johnson

Watch us get mauled, one counter-attack at a time.

Nah 3-5-2 for me...

McGhee Meekings Marshall

Robertson

McDaid McGowan McPake

Dorrans 

Nelson Hemmings

We can't defend anyway. Be as well removing 2 bomb scares.