All things Dundee FC

In his after match interview McPake said losing the goal cost us three points.  Given that we were never likely to score surely a draw and a point was the best we could have hoped for, therefore, the goal cost us one point! 😠.

McPake’s tactics / coaching cost us three points, not the goal!

Aye, we are having a terrible time of it right now but binning McPake would be a ridiculous decision considering the investment we've made with his backroom team and the likes of Dorrans who wouldn't be at the club if it weren't for McPake.

Season is gonna be a massive learning experience and I'm far from happy with how it's going but we will just need to suck it up.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Actual joke some fans calling for his head 6 games into the league season. Just the most unhelpful sentiment considering it's September.

Almost as bad as the way some folk were building the team up to Brazil 1970 levels. 

This season was always a rebuild job. Give the boy some time to at least try and have a shot at a career in management. 

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Actual joke some fans calling for his head 6 games into the league season. Just the most unhelpful sentiment considering it's September.

I’m certainly not calling for his head but I totally understand their viewpoint. Our league form and cup displays so far should never be acceptable. Same downfalls game after game after game. We’ve had 1 maybe 2 good performances in 11 games. 

Edited by Yenitit

We have played 12 games, not 6, let’s not fabricate things to suit our viewpoint. We look disjointed, naive, weak and clueless. 

Ive read on here, on the Hitler board, and twitter that Alloa was a success, and a sign of improvement. Well Ayr just skelped them, where as we toiled. 

People saying trust McPake, he needs time, things are getting there are the same people who said the same stuff about McCann, and look how that worked out. 

We are toiling massively, in a league where we should be doing better. We are DFC, we f’ck it up as usual, we believe the hype as usual. It’s a minter year after year. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

I’ve heard the opposite and that words were said the week after the Elgin debacle. 

That would maybe still tie in with the fact that I’d heard McPake doesn’t seek advice from Strachan about team matters.  I wonder if Strachan approached McPake and McPake wasn’t for listening?

Either way it doesn’t seem like McPake is learning very quickly.  The performance against Alloa at home last week was far from convincing, yet it was the same starting 11 against Morton away.

Why are Hemmings and Nelson both warming the bench while we struggle to score?  Surely we can play two strikers?

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just out of curiosity for anyone that was there today, how did Dorrans perform after coming on? I imagine it wasn't a huge contribution, but considering he's not trained with the squad yet I'd like to know how he got on.

I can’t remember his name being mentioned on DFC radio after he came on. 

That would maybe still tie in with the fact that I’d heard McPake doesn’t seek advice from Strachan about team matters.  I wonder if Strachan approached McPake and McPake wasn’t for listening?
Either way it doesn’t seem like McPake is learning very quickly.  The performance against Alloa at home last week was far from convincing, yet it was the same starting 11 against Morton away.
Why are Hemmings and Nelson both warming the bench while we struggle to score?  Surely we can play two strikers?

Both highest paid players at the club strange on the bench when Dundee can't score goals . thats why I said no top four Dundee imo

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

To be honest I don’t know who approached who but words were had, I’m led to believe. The more Strachan is involved the better for me. 

1 hour ago, srw said:

We have played 12 games, not 6, let’s not fabricate things to suit our viewpoint. We look disjointed, naive, weak and clueless. 

Ive read on here, on the Hitler board, and twitter that Alloa was a success, and a sign of improvement. Well Ayr just skelped them, where as we toiled. 

People saying trust McPake, he needs time, things are getting there are the same people who said the same stuff about McCann, and look how that worked out. 

We are toiling massively, in a league where we should be doing better. We are DFC, we f’ck it up as usual, we believe the hype as usual. It’s a minter year after year. 

We're weaker than we'd have hoped, there's no doubt there, I won't argue it. However, I strongly do not believe the answer is calling for Jazza's head.

We have two options realistically: Get rid of McPake in the near future and throw out all the background work in an attempt to start over again for the 4th time in 2 years, or we remain patient and allow McPake to figure things out over time. The lad's new to this, anyone who didn't expect early struggles is delusional. There is plenty of time and plenty of opportunities to make up ground, and I believe the alternative option is just a case of 'those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.'

I agree we should complain, moan, be frustrated by performances, but already suggesting a leadership change already is pointless and stupid.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

To be honest I don’t know who approached who but words were had, I’m led to believe. The more Strachan is involved the better for me. 

I’d agree.  You’d think a young, very inexperienced manager would be more than happy to hear what a man of Strachan's experience had to say about each game.

Thinking back on McPake’s interviews they were all a bit vague about how much McPake would be speaking to Strachan.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I just hope he doesn't get stubborn to his system, thats what cost the last 3 managers.

Why would he? He's brand new to this, I'd be surprised he even has a system down yet. I expect a variety of different formations and such this season tbh.