All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, DFCDaz said:

Thought I'd post and say McPake and Dorrans were in my work together on Friday having a meal and a chat 🤔

3 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Somebody says on another forum the deal has been agreed in principle with mcpake and dorrans, just need the green light from TK

Oh god don't get me started thinking about this again, I'll obsess about it all week.

Now obviously I'm biased having been a Dundee supporter from an early age and now continuing throughout my adulthood. 

However I find it extremely hard to stomach the current unparalleled bias in favour towards the fortunes of Dundee United in the local DC Thomson press coverage.

Good to see however the completely impartial hi-vis Jim Spence read my input on pandb recently regarding a league campaign being a marathon and not a sprint.

Thankfully I'm considerably more professional in my own chosen line of work, lol. 

Best regards      

Edited by This Charming Man

Dorrans is 32, and due to injuries has played 3 games (5 mins v Villareal, 20 minutes v us, 55 minutes v Ayr, all in the same week last September) in 16 months, and he also missed 25 games, on and off, in 17/18. His wage demands apparently ended any chance of him joining Kilmarnock.

Cant help but feel hes exactly the type of player your club shouldve learned to avoid by now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

19 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Now obviously I'm biased having been a Dundee supporter from an early age and now continuing throughout my adulthood. 

However I find it extremely hard to stomach the current unparalleled bias in favour towards the fortunes of Dundee United in the local DC Thomson press coverage.

Good to see however the completely impartial hi-vis Jim Spence read my input on pandb recently regarding a league campaign being a marathon and not a sprint.

Thankfully I'm considerably more professional in my own chosen line of work, lol. 

Best regards      

Easy answer to that one, don't buy or read their 'comic book' publications.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dorrans is 32, and due to injuries has played 3 games (5 mins v Villareal, 20 minutes v us, 55 minutes v Ayr, all in the same week last September) in 16 months, and he also missed 25 games, on and off, in 17/18. His wage demands apparently ended any chance of him joining Kilmarnock.

Cant help but feel hes exactly the type of player your club shouldve learned to avoid by now.

Image result for bruce forsyth gif

And when will you learn that we don’t have a budget? We spend what the f**k we want.

Thank You.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

And when will you learn that we don’t have a budget? We spend what the f**k we want.

Thank You.

Fair enough, seems to have worked well for you so far.

50 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'd rather Dorrans signed and played a handful of games really well, than chase a striker all summer who will be an ever present but is absolutely finished.

Then there's Callum Booth's signing. 

Still, potter on. 

Hows Hemmings getting on?

44 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Wasn't chased all summer, hasn't been an ever present, does not bear the weight of all our club's hopes this season.

HTH.

We've already picked up points at Pittodrie and Easter Road without him playing a major part, and almost made the top half last season with Kane as a main striker, so not sure what Hope's we have resting on him.

44 minutes ago, Big Gus said:
51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Hows Hemmings getting on?

Scored more than May...

Played, far, far more though...

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've already picked up points at Pittodrie and Easter Road without him playing a major part, and almost made the top half last season with Kane as a main striker, so not sure what Hope's we have resting on him.

Played, far, far more though...

According to Wikipedia (I know it's not the most reliable source) Hemmings has played a total of 41 games for Dundee across his two spells and scored 22 goals. May's equivalent statistics are 64 games and 23 goals. I accept that Hemmings' most recent 4 appearances and 1 goal have been in the Championship so, excluding those it's a goal every 1.8 games for Hemmings versus 2.8 for May. In what world is May better than Hemmings? 

5 minutes ago, Thomohawk said:

According to Wikipedia (I know it's not the most reliable source) Hemmings has played a total of 41 games for Dundee across his two spells and scored 22 goals. May's equivalent statistics are 64 games and 23 goals. I accept that Hemmings' most recent 4 appearances and 1 goal have been in the Championship so, excluding those it's a goal every 1.8 games for Hemmings versus 2.8 for May. In what world is May better than Hemmings? 

I'm meaning this season, obviously. 

I'm not claiming May is better than Hemmings either, just questioning why Dundee fans have decided May, who hasnt scored in 100 minutes this season is finished, while Hemmings, with a worse record, isnt.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm meaning this season, obviously. 

I'm not claiming May is better than Hemmings either, just questioning why Dundee fans have decided May, who hasnt scored in 100 minutes this season is finished, while Hemmings, with a worse record, isnt.

Hemmings has scored. May has not. Hemmings therefore has a better goalscoring record. 

May also has a shambolic lid.