All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dorrans seems like a bit of a crock

Surely better giving the young lad more games seemed to be doing great before getting bombed out

Not sure if quoted already but hes been called up to scotland u19s and has featured in both games after just turning 16. Boys got a great future ahead of him if he keeps his head down. He will no doubt still grown and bulk up plenty in the next couple of years also

Listening to McPake's interview suggests he's spent our budget and would need to go to Nelms/Keyes to ask for additional money to bring Dorrans in and he'd understand if they said no (But that they never usually do).

On 12/09/2019 at 15:52, Dee Man said:

I wouldn't get the hopes up, lads.

It wouldn't be the first time someone's speculatively mentioned a name on here only for it to appear in the Record/Sun the next day as a potential move, written by some lazy arsed journalist who's been sat in the pub browsing P&B and taken the post as inspiration to pen a work of fiction. 

If it turns out to be true I will issue a full apology* to Scott Burns for my misplaced scepticism.

*Will I f**k.

McPake is on video admitting his interest in Dorrans so STFU, m8. 

G_Man.  If you’re reading this page 58 of the Courier will make interesting reading for you.

Basically Tim Keyes explaining that while potential investors appear to accept the project as a whole makes sense they are “a little skittish about funding a stadium”. 

He also explains that Keyes Capital would not consider funding the whole project themselves and that $5M is “the high end of what we do”.

Talks with potential investors are continuing.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

G_Man.  If you’re reading this page 58 of the Courier will make interesting reading for you.

Basically Tim Keyes explaining that while potential investors appear to accept the project as a whole makes sense they are “a little skittish about funding a stadium”. 

He also explains that Keyes Capital would not consider funding the whole project themselves and that $5M is “the high end of what we do”.

so it isn't happening then?

32 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Reading between the lines it sounds like the numbers don’t stack up as far as the stadium part of the development is concerned.

By building a smaller stadium the costs would obviously be reduced.  I wonder if that is an option they are looking at?  It seems pointless building a 10,000+ capacity stadium if it is only going to be full a handful of times a season. Might a smaller stadium, creating a better atmosphere, be the way ahead?

Either way I’m not too fussed.  If they don’t build the stadium I’m more than happy with my seat in the Derry.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Reading between the lines it sounds like the numbers don’t stack up as far as the stadium part of the development is concerned.

By building a smaller stadium the costs would obviously be reduced.  I wonder if that is an option they are looking at?  It seems pointless building a 10,000+ capacity stadium if it is only going to be full a handful of times a season. Might a smaller stadium, creating a better atmosphere, be the way ahead?

Either way I’m not too fussed.  If they don’t build the stadium I’m more than happy with my seat in the Derry.

being skittish about the stadium makes it sound like they have purely business people in i.e they buy in to. some kind of leisure park concept but couldn't care less about a professional football team setting up there.  Unless you utilise the stadium in multiple ways you basically have a very large area of a leisure complex that is empty for most days of the week.  Wouldn't suprise me if some business investors are doing the numbers on that and what return - if any - it gets them.

The Derry is a good laugh and a great atmosphere but the clock is ticking on it.  It is miles behind the kind of facility a club like Dundee should have.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Not sure if the Courier is a reliable source.  They might change their mind by tomorrow.

FB39AE56-FD3D-4440-B1D1-E45139AD0A24.jpeg.a4d550609ff8cd560f8e7cd6c6767cbf.jpegDD4302BC-97B2-4390-A9E7-49787BD45311.jpeg.85fea9dcd23fae64036bc7ddc7368336.jpeg

I am for one shocked. Old boy buys a paper so will have a nosey later.

I thought finances were all done and dusted but it was down to just the council that was left to sort out ? Or does it explain more about this ?

I need these itk guys who were here going on about it to say what they know.

Still Dens will do..... just need to somehow try get the fans back.

Even at 10 pound for the Elgin game the attendance was pretty poor.

Also mcpake saying we have spent our budget .... I presume we have cut costs way back or when we released players did they get decent pay offs ?

Meh , it is what it is

52 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

For me anyway, the most important foundation stone for a proposed new stadium would be a successful team on the park, operating in the top league.

Dens Park has served three generations of my immediate family, can last a while longer until the time is right and the correct business partners are on-board, imho.

Dread to estimate the damage caused by the appointment of Neil McCann has had on this project.

Best regards

6 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

For me anyway, the most important foundation stone for a proposed new stadium would be a successful team on the park, operating in the top league.

Dens Park has served three generations of my immediate family, can last a while longer until the time is right and the correct business partners are on-board, imho.

Dread to estimate the damage caused by the appointment of Neil McCann has had on this project.

Best regards

Whilst I'm no fan of McCann the Manager, I think it's harsh to lay any blame at his door for the lack of funding for the new project.  The BoD have consistently said that the project didn't depend on what league we were playing in and I reckon that's probably true.  If you think of the actual financial difference between playing in the Premier and Championship it's probably not that significant in the grand scheme of things of the stadium project.  

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Are you arguing with yourself mate 🤔 looks like you’ve quoted yourself!

Not arguing with myself, just telling myself to STFU. Isn't the first time it's happened and won't be the last. 

However, I'm now a tad confused - I saw a video of McPake with a caption below it saying "McPake admits interest in Dorrans", so I just assumed that's what he said in the interview so didn't bother my arse watching it. Now that headline ^^^ has thrown me back to my original belief that it was a non-story to begin with.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE, YENITIT!

If it turns out it actually is a lot of shite made up by some fuckwit journalist then I'd like to retract my statement telling myself to shut the f**k up. 

Thank you.