All things Dundee FC

404007212_download(1).jpg.069940e463ccabb78f5d31c6edc1c820.jpg               I must admit, never convinced Billy King would have offered anything we don't have, with all due respect to the guy.

However, just read a report ex Stoke City, Aston Villa, Manchester City and Republic of Ireland midfielder Stephen Ireland who has just turned 33 last month being quoted as saying he would be willing to play free of charge for 6 months just to get back playing again. He reckons he could still operate at a high level, however no offers have been forthcoming down south.

Suffered a leg break a couple of years ago at Stoke then never got back in again after a season of recovery, followed by a change of management.

Surely, if fit, more than good enough for our league to have a look at and bring in for a trial. Would bring great experience and craft sadly lacking at the moment.

Hearts have just newly signed Glenn Whelan, ex Stoke, Villa and Ireland stalwart and he's 35 now.

Best regards

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

I must admit, never convinced Billy King would have offered anything we don't have, with all due respect to the guy.

Yeah, things are bad enough, without offering DAB rejects contracts.

Image result for morrissey november gif

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I sure hope this signals the signing of Dorrans.... or more likely it signals us signing some rando nobody's even thought of before.

All falling into place...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-dorrans-wanted-dundee-james-20043602?1

Edit: Bugger off Johnny, I thought I had the scoop!

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

All falling into place...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-dorrans-wanted-dundee-james-20043602?1

Edit: Bugger off Johnny, I thought I had the scoop!

I wouldn't get the hopes up, lads.

It wouldn't be the first time someone's speculatively mentioned a name on here only for it to appear in the Record/Sun the next day as a potential move, written by some lazy arsed journalist who's been sat in the pub browsing P&B and taken the post as inspiration to pen a work of fiction. 

If it turns out to be true I will issue a full apology* to Scott Burns for my misplaced scepticism.

*Will I f**k.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dorrans seems like a bit of a crock

Surely better giving the young lad more games seemed to be doing great before getting bombed out

Different positions and Robertson hasn't been bombed out, he's pretty much guaranteed to start on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dorrans seems like a bit of a crock

Surely better giving the young lad more games seemed to be doing great before getting bombed out

First time I've ever seen playing for Scotland as "bombed out". 

Understandable, though.