All things Dundee FC

34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

What's with this Second Striker pish?

And more importantly, do we need one? 

My spreadsheet, just copied and pasted from Transfermarkt. They sometimes have obscure definitions for things.

Graham Dorrans become French because Madianga was on the  list and I thought I'd delete him to remove the memory of last season. Didn't notice the nationalities attached when I did it so assuming that's what happened.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Next 5 years do we reckon? I take it you know that is all we are waiting on and that's the stumbling block ?

If it is to happen, it'd have to be in the next 5 years or I could see the owners becoming frustrated and bored quite quickly. 

Nope, it just would be criminally insane to start building without it. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Who's the guy ? Had a little of hope we would sign a second player the last two days to find out it was nobody.

Think it's the hope that keeps me believing

The guy I get my information from? A players father. 

Never lose hope. Its all we've ever had. 

The guy I get my information from? A players father. 
Never lose hope. Its all we've ever had. 
If it is to happen ? Thought this was all a guarantee? 2016... 3 years later and we have did.... nothing. :-(

Ohh a players father. Clearly not in the know ? Who was the midfielder as I presume a few to choose from ?

I miss all the itk people. We had loads about the stadium and then it all just stopped.

I dont mind being wrong but I love facts and stats.
Rumours are fun.

We will sign another midfielder before end of the season

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Next 5 years do we reckon? I take it you know that is all we are waiting on and that's the stumbling block ?

http://idoxwam.dundeecity.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=dates&keyVal=OVG9VTGC04Q00

It's been listed for 2 years and 2 weeks with the last change made 1 year and 11 months ago (It was a drawing plan change to include a tree boundary in red).

Transport Scotland were satisfied with road links after changes (not uploaded to the plans) were made for entrance to the site coming off the Kingsway eastbound carriage way.

They have held it up for that reason above, achieving 75% shares for tax relief and now a new as yet unknown reason.

I remember they said they wanted shovels in the ground December 2018 😂

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

If it is to happen ? Thought this was all a guarantee? 2016... 3 years later and we have did.... nothing. 😞

Ohh a players father. Clearly not in the know ? Who was the midfielder as I presume a few to choose from ?

I miss all the itk people. We had loads about the stadium and then it all just stopped.

I dont mind being wrong but I love facts and stats.
Rumours are fun.

We will sign another midfielder before end of the season

When did I guarantee it, exactly? 

Yes, a players father. Deals stall, deals fall through. I've no idea what has happened - as I already said I will get in touch with him later. 

Did 'we'? What were their usernames? 

Yep, we most likely will. 

Out of interest; are you the same G that sits on Twitter cuddling up to anybody that slags Dundee or this site (P&B is shite now; every poster here is a belter)? 

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Yes, a players father. Deals stall, deals fall through. I've no idea what has happened - as I already said I will get in touch with him later. 

Out of interest; are you the same G that sits on Twitter cuddling up to anybody that slags Dundee or this site (P&B is shite now; every poster here is a belter)? 

I think he meant guarantee for the stadium not the mystery player.

Edited by Crawford

Well you have only been here since this year so unsure if you would know?

I can name 3 straight off .

Yer last paragraph is quite embarrassing .

And what you have tried to quote is incorrect

Ah no clue then. Pie and bovril when I first started use to have maybe 10 dundee fans on it, if that. Now it's full of bellends :-(. Never been on Mad before

I'm gonna guess you meant this, was an easy post to find and you still made a c**t of it

Should give is a follow. Can follow the football journey

9 minutes ago, Dele said:

Wouldn't be surprised, he was cuddling up to that fucking old creep Danger recently, also the 'Yoda' style of posting, slightly annoys me.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Wouldn't be surprised, he was cuddling up to that fucking old creep Danger recently, also the 'Yoda' style of posting, slightly annoys me.

Thank you.

Ah dear. Says the guy who offers square goes and also managed to get banned on a football forum. Very good.

Then you had a little issue with red dots and got upset. Let's not get upset about that.

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

My spreadsheet, just copied and pasted from Transfermarkt. They sometimes have obscure definitions for things.

@hk blues

Continental website. '2nd Striker' is a common term  on the Continent for a player we would describe as a 'forward', 'hole player', or perhaps even '#10', rather than an out and out striker or #9 type.

There's nothing wanky or hipster about it, it's just the term they use for something we've long recognised ourselves.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Love being a Dundee fan. Everyone just goes off like someone pissed in their cornflakes at the slightest misunderstanding. 

I live closer to Camperdown so it's ideal for myself as could walk to the new stadium. Plus kids can play in the park before we go to the game. It's a win win for me.

Big game against Elgin. First time we have ever played them. Be good to get a good few goals.

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Well you have only been here since this year so unsure if you would know?

I can name 3 straight off .

Yer last paragraph is quite embarrassing .

And what you have tried to quote is incorrect

Ah no clue then. Pie and bovril when I first started use to have maybe 10 dundee fans on it, if that. Now it's full of bellends :-(. Never been on Mad before

I'm gonna guess you meant this, was an easy post to find and you still made a c**t of it

Should give is a follow. Can follow the football journey

You seem to have taken that quite personally, was only a question G. The postings were extremely similar, as was the name (obviously) so thought I'd ask. I'll pass on the offer to follow you though. Thanks anyway. 

Feel free to name them, I did ask. 

12 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ah dear. Says the guy who offers square goes and also managed to get banned on a football forum. Very good.

Then you had a little issue with red dots and got upset. Let's not get upset about that.

Never offered anybody a 'square go' that was your geriatric DAB mate. The same clown who dragged me into the shite with a load of abuse.

So, up shut the f**k. Yoda.

Thank you.

You seem to have taken that quite personally, was only a question G. The postings were extremely similar, as was the name (obviously) so thought I'd ask. I'll pass on the offer to follow you though. Thanks anyway. 
Feel free to name them, I did ask. 

No problem. Can leave it at that. We shouldnt take things personally. Next minute we know posts gets deleted and where is the fun in that.
And correct you did ask.
I do like camperdown park however. Hopefully we can agree it is a nice park

24 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

@hk blues

Continental website. '2nd Striker' is a common term  on the Continent for a player we would describe as a 'forward', 'hole player', or perhaps even '#10', rather than an out and out striker or #9 type.

There's nothing wanky or hipster about it, it's just the term they use for something we've long recognised ourselves.

Quite.

There's a full wiki entry about it. It's fairly straightforward.

Spoiler

Second striker

Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe their playing activity has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, creative or deep-lying centre-forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second, or shadow, or support, or auxiliary striker and, in what is in fact a distinct position unto its own, the number 10, exemplified by Dennis Bergkamp (who would play just in behind the striker Thierry Henry at Arsenal). Other number 10s who play further back, such as Diego Maradona, Ronaldinho and Zinedine Zidane, are often described as an attacking midfielder or the playmaker.

The second striker position is a loosely defined and most often misapplied description of a player positioned somewhere between the out-and-out striker, whether he is a "target-man" or more of a "poacher", and the Number 10 or attacking midfielder, while possibly showing some of the characteristics of both. In fact, a term coined by French advanced playmaker Michel Platini, the "nine-and-a-half", which he used to describe Roberto Baggio's playing role, has been an attempt to become a standard in defining the position. Conceivably, a Number 10 can alternate as a second-striker provided that he is also a prolific goalscorer; otherwise, a mobile forward with good technical ability (dribbling skills and ball control) and link-up play, who can both score and create opportunities for a less versatile centre-forward, is more suited. Second or support strikers do not tend to get as involved in the orchestration of attacks as the Number 10, nor do they bring as many other players into play, since they do not share the burden of responsibility, functioning predominantly as assist providers. In Italy, this role is known as a "rifinitore" or "seconda punta", whereas in Brazil, it is known as "segundo atacante" or "ponta-de-lança".

Edited by capt_oats