All things Dundee FC

Anyone who has followed us as long as I have will tell you that we actually have made even worse signings.

Not so sure. Can’t see how it can get much worse than signing someone for 6 months who was injured when you signed them, got fit, got injured again, went on a month long holiday, remained injured, then left all without playing 1 game.

Right back should be our priority IMO.
Reckon our midfield and central defence should be imo. Need a fast midfielder who is capable of taking the ball forward. Todd was good with that on Friday but we need someone in the middle. Don't rate Forster or Meekings, but think McGhee has done well since he came in.

Not sure of any other CBs we have in the first team ??

Curran played today at riverside against a young Rangers side, doubt he’s going anywhere and seemingly quite popular.
Don’t get your hopes up for new faces 

Popular amongst the players? I’m not too fussed about bringing anyone in, and I’m sure McPake would like to but he obviously knows who he wants and isn’t just going to sign someone for the sake of it which I’m fine with. Don’t really think we need anyone, think it’s more important we find out our best 11 and the best system for those players. We have a good enough squad to get out of this league.

We have been pumped from United and 2 goals we conceded against Dunfermline.

Both games I've felt he wasnt to blame.

I still dont rate him however this season he has made some big saves already.

We have a midfield that cant do shit.

Forster for me is one that will throw his body on the line , he is also one that I reckon is going to cost us.

I want a leader in the middle of defence. We dont have that

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Popular amongst the players? I’m not too fussed about bringing anyone in, and I’m sure McPake would like to but he obviously knows who he wants and isn’t just going to sign someone for the sake of it which I’m fine with. Don’t really think we need anyone, think it’s more important we find out our best 11 and the best system for those players. We have a good enough squad to get out of this league.

Yeah,  popular  in the changing room apparently 

10 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Curran played today at riverside against a young Rangers side, doubt he’s going anywhere and seemingly quite popular.

Don’t get your hopes up for new faces 

It's Curran that wants to leave to return to England. McPake has said he can relate to it from his playing days down south and needing to return to Scotland. Just a matter of time IMO, unless literally no-one wants him or we can't reach agreement for a severance payment. 

A 3 year contract, man. What a legacy Jim Fucking McIntyre left. 

Read the part of my post that you’ve cut out and you might understand.
I dont understand it because I believe we are still short of players and you can see that. Especially if you believe we can with this squad we have right now.

On another note but did whoever put on Curran to score goals pay there bet out yet or waiting until end of season ?

It's Curran that wants to leave to return to England. McPake has said he can relate to it from his playing days down south and needing to return to Scotland. Just a matter of time IMO, unless literally no-one wants him or we can't reach agreement for a severance payment. 
A 3 year contract, man. What a legacy Jim Fucking McIntyre left. 
McIntyre was his mate so he done him a good one regarding the contract. Just a pity he is shite.

I dont understand it because I believe we are still short of players and you can see that. Especially if you believe we can with this squad we have right now.

On another note but did whoever put on Curran to score goals pay there bet out yet or waiting until end of season ?

I think the players we have are good enough if they’re played in their proper positions and if we can find a system to get the best out of them. We haven’t done either of those yet and that’s why performances are poor. We’ve just started a rebuilding job which isn’t going to happen overnight which I’ve already said. Although I think we have the players to get out of the league, I still think it’s unreasonable to assume that we WILL get out of this league. Again, as I’ve said on here before, any Dundee fan who expects promotion this season needs to give their head a shake. Realistically it will take a couple of years to rebuild a squad ready to compete in the premiership and those who want it done in one transfer window are fucking mental IMO.

I think the players we have are good enough if they’re played in their proper positions and if we can find a system to get the best out of them. We haven’t done either of those yet and that’s why performances are poor. We’ve just started a rebuilding job which isn’t going to happen overnight which I’ve already said. Although I think we have the players to get out of the league, I still think it’s unreasonable to assume that we WILL get out of this league. Again, as I’ve said on here before, any Dundee fan who expects promotion this season needs to give their head a shake. Realistically it will take a couple of years to rebuild a squad ready to compete in the premiership and those who want it done in one transfer window are fucking mental IMO.

Going in circles , however I like it.

So we have a good enough squad to get us promoted however Mcpake isnt playing them in the correct positions.

However we wont get promoted after one transfer window?

I am in agreement regarding rebuilding. Wont see me giving too much of a f**k this season aslong as we dont finish outside the play offs

Going in circles , however I like it.

So we have a good enough squad to get us promoted however Mcpake isnt playing them in the correct positions.
However we wont get promoted after one transfer window?

I am in agreement regarding rebuilding. Wont see me giving too much of a f**k this season aslong as we dont finish outside the play offs

How am I going in circles? You’re just choosing which parts of my posts you want to read.

1. We have one of the best squads on paper in the league.
2. We’re yet to find our best 11
3. Were yet to find a system for that 11.
4. For that reason promotion this season, although possible, is unrealistic.

If we do bring in anyone, it'll be this Sean Mackie at a push. I was hoping for a couple and LB whilst a nice addition, isn't a priority. Hope Dundee's usual of keeping things quiet surprises me though.

This season is without doubt an "ongoing work in progress" regarding James McPake's recent appointment.

When you think of some of the garbage signed by the self proclaimed footballing expert Neil McCann and then latterly Jim McIntyre I'm quite satisfied James McPake displays a more measured approach.

Still think we'll improve and get considerably stronger as the season progresses and be good for a realistic pop at the play-offs, obviously with more sensible recruitment at some point.

Shite-sandwich we're head to head with the Dabs this season though because that'll always be the yardstick for some folk. They're 3 seasons ahead of us at this level, all failures.

Early days though, the league's not won or lost in late August. 

Best regards

Edited by This Charming Man