All things Dundee FC

1 goal this season you could probably blame Hamilton for, that’s it. He’s made numerous saves to keep us in games at times this season - something too many people seem to overlook because they’ve already made their mind up on him. Much bigger weaknesses in the squad than the goalkeeper. Mainly our inability to head a ball in our own box.

1 goal this season you could probably blame Hamilton for, that’s it. He’s made numerous saves to keep us in games at times this season - something too many people seem to overlook because they’ve already made their mind up on him. Much bigger weaknesses in the squad than the goalkeeper. Mainly our inability to head a ball in our own box.

Sorry but this is rubbish. His inability to come for crosses or to instil any confidence is really hampering us. It’s more what he’s not doing than what he is doing. He’s brutal.

26 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

A decent keeper please. Hamilton is dog shite. I can’t really see how Forster has been made public enemy no 1. He goes for everything and he’s easy to pick out on the park, maybe that’s why.

Going for everything is all he has i.e. launching himself in to headed clearances.  Little pace or skill, tactically poor. Not great for a modern defender.

Sorry but this is rubbish. His inability to come for crosses or to instil any confidence is really hampering us. It’s more what he’s not doing than what he is doing. He’s brutal.

Instil confidence? I have no idea if he does that or not and not sure how you do unless you play alongside him? And as for not coming for crosses, I’ve no idea where you’re getting that from. His distribution is pretty poor and if you’re going to criticise thin that’s the area I’d pick out but the two things you’ve mentioned is just lazy criticism.

A decent keeper please. Hamilton is dog shite. I can’t really see how Forster has been made public enemy no 1. He goes for everything and he’s easy to pick out on the park, maybe that’s why.
Much that it would be nice to get another goalie I think we need a centre half and a creative midfielder first.

If we don't get a centre half then a decent defensive midfielder to protect our defence.