All things Dundee FC

Ludo, you say this literally every year. Just my opinion, but Hamilton, Forster/Meekings/McGhee, Marshall, McDaid, Todd are all second tier players. Kerr could still go either way but hasnt played well for years now. Byrne is quality in the right system, but him and Ness are too opposite to play well together, while Johnson is someone you'll all hate by Christmas. I cant comment on the likes of Robertson as I've never seen him play. To me, you're a goalkeeper, back four, two wingers and a playmaker away from a "truly good team", and just now you're looking at a fight for second at best. Genuinely cant believe Dundee have, once again, been lulled into a false belief about their team as they spent the majority of a game passing the ball about in midfield, creating nothing, then being caught on the counter.

Sad to say it but he's got a point. McDaid so far is the biggest flatterer to deceive. Lots of pop star pish but I don't remember one decent cross since he's arrived.And for one final time I hate that blue. It's as far from a Dundee blue as it would be from a Rangers blue.Can't believe we accepted it.  

Our goalkeeper saved 1 shot in the whole match, let that sink in. He’s priority number 1 to replace. I’m not sure he even came and collected a cross all game either. A complete liability. 

Yeah he’s had a few clean sheets this season but he’s had next to nothing to do in those games. The Dunfermline game is better not to get mentioned as well. 

Edited by Yenitit

Very disappointing last night but not entirely unexpected. This tactic of pumping the ball up to our small strikers has got to go. Get it down and wide. Whenever we got our heads up and were driving forward we looked far far better. Also I wish we’d press teams rather than sit off. Allowing United’s creative nippy players to turn and run at us is just mental.

Also having a shared gate for the Jerry Kerr didn’t really work. I felt a bit of sympathy for the outed DABs. Poor show United.

20 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Very disappointing last night but not entirely unexpected. This tactic of pumping the ball up to our small strikers has got to go. Get it down and wide. Whenever we got our heads up and were driving forward we looked far far better. Also I wish we’d press teams rather than sit off. Allowing United’s creative nippy players to turn and run at us is just mental.

Also having a shared gate for the Jerry Kerr didn’t really work. I felt a bit of sympathy for the outed DABs. Poor show United.

The organisation of the Jerry Kerr was nearly as much a shambles as our defence dealing with balls into the box last night. 15 minutes once inside the turnstile to get up to the seats in the stand. Then told my seats were in 1 area, walked down there only for the steward at that end to say it was an identical numbered seat in another section only to get down to there to be told it was somewhere else 😂 gave up and just stood on the aisle the whole game. Apparently the dabs using the same gate were hospitality and free comp tickets. Not that they were getting any abuse but you could tell that some weren’t happy about the situation.

Disappointed to see a bit of trouble outside the ground before the game but that was an accident waiting to happen last night with 3 stands all accessing the ground from the same street with the dabs on either side of our support. 

Edited by Yenitit

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Apart from the defensive frailties I we need to look at getting a lot more width. We just don't get enough crosses in.

I thought that was the whole reason in bringing in Josh McPake? 

Our final balls are woeful and our striker are hardly small.

Well a horrible end to a sticky run of games.  If we are at least a play-off team then the next run of games will define it as there is a list of teams coming up that we "should" beat. 

The DABS took 4 years to get some kind of squad together. Our squad was probably the worst ever assembled last season. If we can at least have a shot at the play-offs I will take it.  

Ludo, you say this literally every year.
Just my opinion, but Hamilton, Forster/Meekings/McGhee, Marshall, McDaid, Todd are all second tier players.
Kerr could still go either way but hasnt played well for years now. Byrne is quality in the right system, but him and Ness are too opposite to play well together, while Johnson is someone you'll all hate by Christmas. I cant comment on the likes of Robertson as I've never seen him play.
To me, you're a goalkeeper, back four, two wingers and a playmaker away from a "truly good team", and just now you're looking at a fight for second at best. Genuinely cant believe Dundee have, once again, been lulled into a false belief about their team as they spent the majority of a game passing the ball about in midfield, creating nothing, then being caught on the counter.
Sorry, but Ness and Byrne are opposites? They're both as slow as each other, and offer very little going forward

Our goalkeeper saved 1 shot in the whole match, let that sink in. He’s priority number 1 to replace. I’m not sure he even came and collected a cross all game either. A complete liability. 
Yeah he’s had a few clean sheets this season but he’s had next to nothing to do in those games. The Dunfermline game is better not to get mentioned as well. 
Exactly [emoji122] been wanting to replace Hamilton since st mirren on the first day of last season, but other fans have got on at me every time for criticising him.

Boys not good enough.

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Sorry, but Ness and Byrne are opposites? They're both as slow as each other, and offer very little going forward

Ness looks a bit immobile, but can pick a pass, while Byrne looks more mobile, but is more of a destroyer than a playmaker.

On paper it should work tbf, but as you say, with Ness not getting around the field its compressing your entire team as they have to play around him.

Someone comfortable on the ball either able to play deeper and allow Ness further forward, or the opposite, would make you a better side.

No idea what this young lad you're all raving about is like, never seen him play.

Ness looks a bit immobile, but can pick a pass, while Byrne looks more mobile, but is more of a destroyer than a playmaker.
On paper it should work tbf, but as you say, with Ness not getting around the field its compressing your entire team as they have to play around him.
Someone comfortable on the ball either able to play deeper and allow Ness further forward, or the opposite, would make you a better side.
No idea what this young lad you're all raving about is like, never seen him play.
Robertson is slow. Ness is slow. Byrne is slow. McGowan is slow. We need a FAST midfielder who can run with the ball at defences. Never going to get anywhere with the current midfield when they're slow on and off the ball, and unable to provide service to the forwards.

Ness has a very good range of passing. As does Robertson. 
Byrne has had about 60 minutes of decent football for this club and I'm yet to be convinced by him. 
Not sure about Ness' passing, since he was in a 2 with Byrne, and they're both as slow as each other. United pressed constantly on our midfield and Ness gave it away quite a few times.

Helped when McGowan came on to give us an extra man in midfield.