All things Dundee FC

Mad to say it when getting hammered 6-2 but apart from Jordon Forster there’s really not much between the two sides. He done really well tracking cammy kerrs run for the 6th goal there [emoji85][emoji23]
Poor poor side Dundee long season for them I see a few seasons in the Championship for them

6 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Mad to say it when getting hammered 6-2 but apart from Jordon Forster there’s really not much between the two sides. He done really well tracking cammy kerrs run for the 6th goal there emoji85.pngemoji23.png

This

There isn't 4 goals between the sides, it's just one of those days where you can only laugh. Every time Utd go up the pitch the ball flies into the top corner. On a different day it's a totally different score.

There's no doubt going to be a whole load of anger in here because of the result, but I think a wee bit of perspective is needed. I never though totally rebuilding the entire team under a rookie manager and getting promoted at the first attempt was a realistic proposition, so the folk talking about winning the league were being a wee bit unrealistic. This season is about getting the bones of a team together for me, playoff place, and if we don't happen to go up, a push for promotion next season.

There are obvious problems and weaknesses in this side as it stands, but it's August, we've had one transfer window since the end of the shambles under McCann and McIntyre. If we're still unable to defend set pieces, still have no creativity and width, and still looking like being miles off the top of the table at this point next season, then it's real collar feeling time, but you also have to give McPake time to figure it out as well.

3 points down the drain. Meh, big deal, it's exactly the same outcome as if we had went up to Inverness or something and lost a shitfest of a 1-0. Move on to next week.

Said it in the match thread but without a 16 year old on the pitch we just looked to fucking hoof it up every 24 seconds. Jordan Forster is alongside Ryan Inniss in levels of competence. Jamie Ness can barely fucking move in the middle nor can he use his right foot.

Absolutely fucking seething

Defence is our biggest problem right now.

I think what's really infuriating is that they we're not even getting the basics right.

You can accept losing 6-2 if you've genuinely been outplayed - however here we have gifted goals through a complete lack of concentration.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

I think we covered every way possible of conceding a goal tonight.

We look very flakey on the left side of our defense. The defending leading up to the penalty was poor (I dont mean the eventual slip and collision for the pen) and Forster is from a bygone age of football when I was about 15 and going to Dens 40 odd years ago.

McPake just about read out my earlier post, which gives me no pleasure at all, but at least he's telling it like it is. Looks a bit of a broken man though.
No point having 3 great strikers if you're going to concede in that manner again and again

19 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Said it in the match thread but without a 16 year old on the pitch we just looked to fucking hoof it up every 24 seconds. Jordan Forster is alongside Ryan Inniss in levels of competence. Jamie Ness can barely fucking move in the middle nor can he use his right foot.

Absolutely fucking seething

Ness' shite first touch was doing my nut in all night, particularly between 20-30 yards out where it could have led to something if he hadn't fucked it time and again. 

Regarding people talking about McPake's job being on a shoogly peg already - calm the f**k down. 4 (four) games FFS. Take your knee jerks and shove them right into your fucking chin. 

I think McPake is universally liked by Dees, but it was an incredibly risky appointment.

Whenever the camera went on him, he looked completely lost. Simple fact is, we have won one league game out of four, and looked pretty poor in the two draws, tonight was just a staggering display of suicidal defending. 

The owners back their managers incredibly well, but their recruitment of managers is piss poor. 

Definitely wasn't the gutless performance the last time we got beat 6-2. At 4-1 at HT, I couldn't believe we were behind nevermind 3. Result was fair enough in the end even if the scoreline wasn't.

6 minutes ago, srw said:

I think McPake is universally liked by Dees, but it was an incredibly risky appointment.

Whenever the camera went on him, he looked completely lost. Simple fact is, we have won one league game out of four, and looked pretty poor in the two draws, tonight was just a staggering display of suicidal defending. 

The owners back their managers incredibly well, but their recruitment of managers is piss poor. 

Absolutely spot on, think it was an easy option and risky again. Fingers crossed it works out but there’s a lot of work to do from midfield back 

McGowan made a decent impact when he came on. I think we need to start with Hemmings, Johnson and Nelson up top, but I’ll be fucked if I know what formation we need to play to get the best out of everyone.

22 minutes ago, srw said:

Difference this time is McPake has been around the club for years, they know what he's about as a personality and a coach. He also has Jimmy Nichol sitting beside him, and Gordon Strachan kicking about the place too.

The last two appointments were a guy who was not an employee of the club and had next to no coaching experience anyway, and yet another outsider. Neither had the sort of experienced support and back up that McPake can call on.

Perhaps McPake doesn't work out long term, perhaps he does. Either way, he needs time to figure it out and I'm far more confident that he has every opportunity to do that with this setup, far and away more so than McCann did for example.

Edited by Boo Khaki