2 minutes ago, Moo said:

Aye but they’ll need a job outside of being part time with Stirling, Forfar etc.

I never even thought of that. Strange to see a guy being an assistant manager at a club and a youth coach at a club higher up in the leagues. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nope, Matin Hardie. I was surprised as well, but McPake was name checking him as being an invaluable member of our staff during his pre match interview.

Apologies, Ludo. At least the youth of tomorrow will be big dirty b*****ds! 

For what it's worth, McPake name checked:

Jimmy Nicholl, Gordon Strachan (Because he was asked about him), Dave Mackay, Gerry Doherty, Martin Hardie & Gary Irvine. He also mentioned that we had a sport scientist that Killie have recently poached from us but that won't be an issue.

Scott Robertson coaches under 18s ( mates young lad is training we them ) and 16s dont start back for another 2 weeks

53 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Martin Hardie and Gary Irvine are our youth coaches.

It's not Martin Hardie, it's Martin Harty who is our coach, he's a good lad.

17 minutes ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Utd fans singing about McPake breaking his leg. Classy as always

Are they, what a bunch of utter cvnts. 

Just spotted Simon Murray in Glasgow city centre, looks like he’s on the brown. Il take Steven May please.

Thank you, and have a good weekend Dee’s

EF7B26FD-F50A-4F8A-9AF9-281E9CB7CA5E.jpeg

Was sitting there watching Utd's defense barely handle the pressure caused by Hearts. I can clearly imagine Nelson ruining their lives by never letting up.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Was sitting there watching Utd's defense barely handle the pressure caused by Hearts. I can clearly imagine Nelson ruining their lives by never letting up.

Curran to score a hat trick, a goal, his first goal, an assist - f**k it, a pressured close down resulting in Nelson stealing it off that brute Connolly to score.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Curran to score a hat trick, a goal, his first goal, an assist - f**k it, a pressured close down resulting in Nelson stealing it off that brute Connolly to score.

Good enough for me. Curran's work on pressuring the Blackpool defense for Nelson to not have to run round the whole place was the only thing he's done in a Dundee shirt that genuinely impressed me.

It's never gonna happen but the thought of Andrew Nelson pairing up with Kane Hemmings is the stuff of dreams.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's never gonna happen but the thought of Andrew Nelson pairing up with Kane Hemmings is the stuff of dreams.

Wet dream alert. 

Was there ever a Dee who was no world beater in the Dark Blue who you really liked for no apparent reason?

For some reason I always liked Steven Robb. I was gutted when he left us for the DABs but then he was pretty shite for them and he came back to help us so I was okay with him.
Today though he posted this on twitter and I can’t...IMG_2056.jpg

1 minute ago, JockysJetpack said:

Was there ever a Dee who was no world beater in the Dark Blue who you really liked for no apparent reason?

For some reason I always liked Steven Robb. I was gutted when he left us for the DABs but then he was pretty shite for them and he came back to help us so I was okay with him.
Today though he posted this on twitter and I can’t...IMG_2056.jpg

He was an encouraging youth, but turned out to be pretty shite overall. I've had more than my fair share of them:

Jan Zemlik - Still maintain to this day that he was a decent player. It's pretty shite to be 6'7, shite in the air and have the ball fired at your head when that's not your game. Don't get me wrong he was probably League One level, but certainly didn't deserve the reputation as one of our worst ever strikers when we didn't play to his strong point which was ball to feet.

My username is reflective of Ludo Roy and Craig Samson's battle for number 1. Still think Craig Samson played a major part in costing us promotion 12 year ago so I probably overhyped Ludo Roy due to my disdain for Samson. Expect the same to happen this season with Hamilton and Ferrie!

Milan Palenik - Still one of my favourite CH's but a bit of a w****r when you think about it. Signed because he was Zemlik's mate. Few years after he left he then pretended he wasn't done and accepted the offer of a trial and came over and substituted himself for his mate who was useless because he couldn't play anymore. 😂

Brent Sancho was a solid CH and Paul McHale wasn't the abomination people made out, but finally, my favourite not brilliant, (But actually probably one of our best in living memory) RB's has to be Eric Paton. Loved that guy.

He was an encouraging youth, but turned out to be pretty shite overall. I've had more than my fair share of them:
Jan Zemlik - Still maintain to this day that he was a decent player. It's pretty shite to be 6'7, shite in the air and have the ball fired at your head when that's not your game. Don't get me wrong he was probably League One level, but certainly didn't deserve the reputation as one of our worst ever strikers when we didn't play to his strong point which was ball to feet.

My username is reflective of Ludo Roy and Craig Samson's battle for number 1. Still think Craig Samson played a major part in costing us promotion 12 year ago so I probably overhyped Ludo Roy due to my disdain for Samson. Expect the same to happen this season with Hamilton and Ferrie!

Milan Palenik - Still one of my favourite CH's but a bit of a w****r when you think about it. Signed because he was Zemlik's mate. Few years after he left he then pretended he wasn't done and accepted the offer of a trial and came over and substituted himself for his mate who was useless because he couldn't play anymore.

Brent Sancho was a solid CH and Paul McHale wasn't the abomination people made out, but finally, my favourite not brilliant, (But actually probably one of our best in living memory) RB's has to be Eric Paton. Loved that guy.

I think I liked Robb because after the admin he was a player that came through and was quite exciting on the wing? I also was a fan of Fotheringham it’s a shame his career never really amounted to anything.

To be fair I was a massive fan of Ludo and especially Brent Sancho. My first game was his debut where I’m sure he was subbed off for FabCab at HT.

6 hours ago, Dele said:

I'd walk over broken glass to get Kane Hemmings back in a Dundee shirt. I'd imagine he'd be significantly cheaper than May, too. 

I highly doubt it would happen though. 

ness pinging it over the top for hemmings to run on to , would love to see it but as you say probably unlikely to happen 

+1 for the Eric Paton man love.  

Rhys Weston, Matty Lockwood, Eddie Malone, Peaso, Boaby Mann, Jim Lauchlan, Stephen O'Donnell.  Had big love for them all.