All things Dundee FC

46 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This might be controversial but I think McGowan is an utter liability in that team. Far too slow at getting the ball away.

I think he's fine if you are having to play a tight game to get a draw but not one where there needs to be a lot more directness and urgency.

I thought McGowan put in a good shift yesterday. He held the ball up well and resisted the urge to do his stupid spin in the middle of the park.

A few times he could have done with some help for a better pass but I was actually really happy with him yesterday.

Same with Cammy, he made two exceptional tackles when it mattered in front of the Cox. I didn't see the "stonewall" shout because it was in front of the Shankly, but again a solid performance from him too.

Only person really letting us down was Forster. He can head the ball and that's about it. Doesn't make smart passes and just hoofs it every time even if someone is there to push up. Nearly cost us the game imo.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This might be controversial but I think McGowan is an utter liability in that team. Far too slow at getting the ball away.

I think he's fine if you are having to play a tight game to get a draw but not one where there needs to be a lot more directness and urgency.

This debate again... fucking fascinating. Was he good yesterday? No, probably the least effective player on the park. Does that mean he shouldn't play? Hell no, he's been one of our better players throughout the League Cup games. Gowser never gets a break.

9 minutes ago, Girth said:

Anyone got the new home shirt? I can't tell if it looks great or horrible. 

Thank you. 

I've got it, I've warmed to it (as I tend to do for Dundee shirts... apart from last season's abomination of an away kit). Bit weird having the blue lighter, but still works. As for the blue shorts... well they actually didn't look too bad yesterday, but still not big fans of them.

This debate again... fucking fascinating. Was he good yesterday? No, probably the least effective player on the park. Does that mean he shouldn't play? Hell no, he's been one of our better players throughout the League Cup games. Gowser never gets a break.
I think there's games he should play and others he shouldn't.

Yesterday was frustrating - not sure if it's just down to his style or our formation.

The problem yesterday was Robertson and Ness both trying to play the deep - like a diamond with 2 backward points. I though Gowser was ok yesterday, we improved when he went off but that was because the formation wasn’t working. We’ve the 4 midfielders that started yesterday, plus Byrne and Todd. All half decent. The manager just needs to work out the best formation.

Wouldn't be against a black kit, but I'd have thought we'd be hesitant to go down that route considering dark blue is fairly close colour (Admittedly we don't really have that dark of a blue strip this season) and black being one of United's predominant colours.

Would've thought a more red-oriented third kit would be more appropriate, though it feels like we're lessening the use of red more and more.

Next season id suggest a similar style to the rangers collar with a hint of red in the collar and sleeve cuffs and i think we’d have a throwback to the lovely umbro kits of the 80’s easily my favourite style of dundee tops after the Admiral kit.

Love a bit of Red in our kits every now and then! Need to bring back the blue red and white bar style scarfs too they would sell quite well

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would've thought a more red-oriented third kit would be more appropriate, though it feels like we're lessening the use of red more and more.

Good IMO. We look stinking in red*, the one we wore against Man City was minging. Happy for it to be a trim colour though, it's definitely our third colour, if you like.

*This kit aside 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR57a8u3S0aYo6yb4BQOLK

Also whilst searching for that image I found this 

NEW+STRIPS.jpg

:wub:

34 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Good IMO. We look stinking in red*, the one we wore against Man City was minging. Happy for it to be a trim colour though, it's definitely our third colour, if you like.

*This kit aside 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR57a8u3S0aYo6yb4BQOLK

Also whilst searching for that image I found this 

NEW+STRIPS.jpg

:wub:

That goalie kit is on the tangy side!

Anyone remember the kit from 2005ish that got such a bad fan response it was scrapped?