All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll defo expect something either tomorrow and Thursday, as the English transfer window closes on the latter day.

Just the top flight and Championship though. Could be a knock on effect I suppose.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll defo expect something either tomorrow and Thursday, as the English transfer window closes on the latter day.

Only for English clubs buying, remember. They can still sell/loan out beyond that date.

Just lifted this from Dark Blue Forum seems like an excellent idea to me:

At present, the club loses out on money from fans who don't have a spare £350 in their bank account. They lose out on PATG money from fans who can't make it that particular week. They lose out on money from fans who begrudge physically taking £24 out the bank half way through the month. The traditional season ticket/PATG system is outdated.

If we moved to a membership style system I am convinced it would result in more fans making a contribution to the club, more income to the club and higher attendances. Thinking about how it could work for DFC I would suggest 3 different categories of membership:

Gold - £35 per month (£420 per year)

1. Entry to all home games, including friendlies and cup games.
  2. Free kids tickets.
  3. Priority for away tickets.
  4. 10% discount in club shop.
  5. 10% discount on food/drink in ground.
  6. 10% discount on hospitality.
  7. Monthly draw to win hospitality
  8. Access to DeeTV highlights, interviews etc.

Silver - £30 per month (£360 per year)

1. Entry to all home league games.

Bronze - £10 per month (£120 per year)

1. 25% off PATG prices
  2. 10% discount club shop
  3. 10% discount on food/drink in ground
  4. 10% discount on hospitality.
  5. Monthly draw to win hospitality
  6. Access to DeeTV highlights, interviews etc.

The prices/discounts would of course need to be calculated for viability better than I have just done but something along those lines I believe would be popular. Psychologically a direct debit that comes out the start of every month is much less noticeable than having to pay a high lump sum once a year or physically taking cash out the bank.

23 minutes ago, GN 10 said:

At present, the club loses out on money from fans who don't have a spare £350 in their bank account. They lose out on PATG money from fans who can't make it that particular week. They lose out on money from fans who begrudge physically taking £24 out the bank half way through the month. The traditional season ticket/PATG system is outdated.

If we moved to a membership style system I am convinced it would result in more fans making a contribution to the club, more income to the club and higher attendances. Thinking about how it could work for DFC I would suggest 3 different categories of membership:

2. Free kids tickets.

1. 25% off PATG prices

The prices/discounts would of course need to be calculated for viability better than I have just done but something along those lines I believe would be popular. Psychologically a direct debit that comes out the start of every month is much less noticeable than having to pay a high lump sum once a year or physically taking cash out the bank.

I'd love that system  but with the summer transfer window the clubs need money in asap. It would need to be a fixed season membership with no get out clause otherwise if they spend big in summer on transfers and wages then say 1/4 of people cancel membership they lose big time and it's a massive gamble. It's a great idea but I don't think its viable especially not for clubs like dundee who's sole income is through season tickets/patg. Would also need to be a credit score done on that too I'd imagine so some people who could pay the season ticket cash could fail for the membership.

Edited by Numptdee

2. Free kids tickets.

1. 25% off PATG prices

This "Netflix" style season ticket is being piloted in Denmark. Early signs are positive .

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2019/08/01/netflix-subscription-model-can-retain-younger-fans/