All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Genuinely surprised at the number of people who don’t seem to rate Stevie May. He played 40 times last season for one of the top teams in the country.

He’d be a massive statement of intent from Dundee at this stage I. The championship, and by the sounds of it on a similar wage, a far bigger signing than Shankland would have been. (FWIW, I’ve gone on record as to saying that would have been a good signing for Dundee, so that’s not having a dig).

This is the sentiment that I do share and got slated for before. Comparing the level he has found consistent playing time in despite his regression and the one we now find ourselves in, I can't see how he wouldn't improve his scoring. I think it would be the right move for him career-wise to join a team like us, as if he has a resurgence with us he's immediately hot property again. At this point I am fed up of the media rollercoaster and will sleep easily at night without him, I would also be fine signing him.

Genuinely surprised at the number of people who don’t seem to rate Stevie May. He played 40 times last season for one of the top teams in the country.

He’d be a massive statement of intent from Dundee at this stage I. The championship, and by the sounds of it on a similar wage, a far bigger signing than Shankland would have been. (FWIW, I’ve gone on record as to saying that would have been a good signing for Dundee, so that’s not having a dig).
Completely agree with this.

May at this level would be a handful for any defence - even if he wasn't rattling them in you can be sure he'd be dragging away a defender or two so that others like Nelson or Johnson could score.

A frontline of Nelson, May and Johnson would be exciting IMHO.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

He scored twice in 32 games in the league last season - that is a brutal record for any striker at any level.

Aberdeen fans say he "works hard" - we already have that in Craig Curran for a fraction of the wage I'd imagine.

He's somehow managed to maintain his reputation as a good player off the back of a purple patch he had in Victorian times and the fact he's went for a couple of relatively hefty transfer fees.

If he came in the only thing I could hope for is him regaining his scoring touch simply because he'd dropped down a level. I doubt it though, I reckon he's lost it. 

As I said before, he might be a good addition as far as bolstering squad numbers but that's about it IMO. Definitely not someone I'd be getting excited about.

Danny Johnson scored 6 more goals in 4 fewer starts - I'm more excited about him tbh.

He scored twice in 32 games in the league last season - that is a brutal record for any striker at any level.
Aberdeen fans say he "works hard" - we already have that in Craig Curran for a fraction of the wage I'd imagine.
He's somehow managed to maintain his reputation as a good player off the back of a purple patch he had in Victorian times and the fact he's went for a couple of relatively hefty transfer fees.
If he came in the only thing I could hope for is him regaining his scoring touch simply because he'd dropped down a level. I doubt it though, I reckon he's lost it. 
As I said before, he might be a good addition as far as bolstering squad numbers but that's about it IMO. Definitely not someone I'd be getting excited about.
Danny Johnson scored 6 more goals in 4 fewer starts - I'm more excited about him tbh.
According to Motherwell fans Johnson wasn't being played as he is a bit of a lazy b*****d and didn't fit their manager's way.

I'm happy with that, I hope he is as lazy as f**k and pops in the goals.
We''ve had enough headless chickens running around working hard recently, time for a new Billy Pirie, never had to wash his strip and popped in 91 in 112 games. Ran a career total of 300 yards. [emoji846]

Greg Stewart scored 1 in 15 and got a move to rangers. Could it be that May was in the team to provide space, etc, for Cosgrove who finished second behind Morelos in the golden boot race?

I’m a stats man, don’t get me wrong, but think there’s clearly more to Mays game, and McInnes clearly thinks he brings more than goals to the team or he wouldn’t have played him in 32/36 games in the league. If he’s good enough to play than many games for a team challenging for European places, he’s more than good enough to do it for a team in the championship.

That’s my opinion, anyway.

16 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Greg Stewart scored 1 in 15 and got a move to rangers. Could it be that May was in the team to provide space, etc, for Cosgrove who finished second behind Morelos in the golden boot race?

I’m a stats man, don’t get me wrong, but think there’s clearly more to Mays game, and McInnes clearly thinks he brings more than goals to the team or he wouldn’t have played him in 32/36 games in the league. If he’s good enough to play than many games for a team challenging for European places, he’s more than good enough to do it for a team in the championship.

That’s my opinion, anyway.

You might be right and McInnes might have played him in a different role, but if he rated him that highly you'd have to wonder why he was so keen to get rid 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

You might be right and McInnes might have played him in a different role, but if he rated him that highly you'd have to wonder why he was so keen to get rid 

McInnes isn't keen to get rid, tbf. Hes always said he wanted to keep him but understands why May wants a fresh start so wouldn't stand in his way.

Have to agree with my friend Dee Man here. May is a bit of an Osman Sow-esque signing in that you’re paying big wages to a guy who has only had 1 or 2 good seasons.

Obviously could be a success but given the money being spent, he’d be expected to have a stormer of a season.

5 hours ago, Numptdee said:

So now May's only option is St. Mirren for probably half of what we offered and way less than you offered because he got greedy. Love seeing that happen to players like May deserves him right. Hes absolutely awful aswell!

Guy on our forum reckons Mays walked from Aberdeen without a pay off, and it was all confirmed and signed off before his move to us collapsed.

He gets this months wages from them then becomes a free agent.

Dundee would be daft not to lower their offer now, hes got nowhere else to go.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guy on our forum reckons Mays walked from Aberdeen without a pay off, and it was all confirmed and signed off before his move to us collapsed.

Give it a rest. You're going to make yourself ill. 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saints all ready to reveal May on Wednesday morning. 

Dundee give an astronomical offer to Vine & May on Tuesday night.

Vine demands Fermers match it, never gonna happen, talks break down.

Suddenly, May's only option is Dundee, with St Mirren not wealthy enough to keep up.

Aberdeen contract already agreed to end at the end of the month. 

Dundee lower offer below what Saints had agreed to, and May is forced to take it.

Would be perfection.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Saints all ready to reveal May on Wednesday morning. 

Dundee give an astronomical offer to Vine & May on Tuesday night.

Vine demands Fermers match it, never gonna happen, talks break down.

Suddenly, May's only option is Dundee, with St Mirren not wealthy enough to keep up.

Aberdeen contract already agreed to end at the end of the month. 

Dundee lower offer below what Saints had agreed to, and May is forced to take it.

Would be perfection.

Journalists now claiming a loan move is his "most likely move" and claiming the story about his contract being up is "tinfoil hat stuff"