All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, Numptdee said:

not 100% sure how i am with that. Goal scoring record seems good consider Motherwell and alot of there fans on P and B dont really rate him. 

Really? They're basically all saying he should score goals in the championship and the main issue seemed to be that Robinson wants all his players to graft like Curtis Main every game. 

His scoring record is good, and from what I seen of him last season he looked a good finisher. It certainly bolsters our front line. Another "grafter" up front and another number 10 type and we'll be done for the summer I think.

Edited to add: a signing so early suggests there will be another one today, IMO.

Edited by DigOutYourSoul

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Really? They're basically all saying he should score goals in the championship and the main issue seemed to be that Robinson wants all his players to graft like Curtis Main every game. 

His scoring record is good, and from what I seen of him last season he looked a good finisher. It certainly bolsters our front line. Another "grafter" up front and another number 10 type and we'll be done for the summer I think.

Edited to add: a signing so early suggests there will be another one today, IMO.

Yeah just read that maybe i jumped the gun a bit early. His record is good, 50 in around 120 games total. Him and Nelson it is with Curran which im happy with as long as nelson stays fit.

I think that's a good signing. Most important for me now is a keeper but I think we're sticking with Hamilton. Another striker or midfielder would be good.

Although opposition hasn’t been particularly great recently, we can’t go and sign a keeper when our current one has kept 3 consecutive clean sheets. I feel it would be a waste of our budget when we clearly need to strengthen in other areas. Our defence is more than good enough at this level to help Hamilton out.

3 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

We need 1 more striker, at least 1 winger and potentially a back up centre mid, depending on how much game time Robertson is going to get.

Defensively I think we’re sorted.

I'm not so sure defensively tbh - I'd say it's much more urgent than midfield. Davies has shown no sign of being fit to play and then Meekings has spent most of his carer injured and Forster has also suffered a fair few. McGhee then is also expected to cover for two full back positions as well, you could easily see a scenario where we end up with a real crisis. Our youth cover for there is then the least experienced and tested of the batch of young players we've got.

In midfield, we've got Byrne, Gowser, Ness and then both Robertson and Moore with first team experience. Then you've even got Todd who is naturally probably more of an inside player (but admittedly an attacking mid) and then even McGhee who has played there. Maybe not ideal but I think we're less likely to have major issues there and then could patch things together for a game or two if it did happen.

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Although opposition hasn’t been particularly great recently, we can’t go and sign a keeper when our current one has kept 3 consecutive clean sheets. I feel it would be a waste of our budget when we clearly need to strengthen in other areas. Our defence is more than good enough at this level to help Hamilton out.

I know there's been a lot of talk about 3 consecutive clean sheets but how much was Jack Hamilton actually tested against those 3 lower league teams? He made a couple of decent saves but nothing you wouldn't expect from any keeper.

Some of Hamilton's errors were basic stuff last season - shots straight at him going right through his hands. No one can convince me he's miraculously wiped that from his game over the summer. It's going to take him throwing in a couple before people remember how poor he is. I'd love him to prove me wrong but I've got zero confidence in the boy. 

If we don't get another keeper I'd bet Calum Ferrie will be our regular keeper before November. 

Tommy Wright has confirmed we won't be signing May.

Rumour mill says we agreed a wage with him on Tuesday afternoon. Mysteriously Dundee then offered slightly more on Tuesday night. He now only has one concrete permanent offer on the table.

I'll leave you to join the dots.

Rumour mill says we agreed a wage with him on Tuesday afternoon. Mysteriously Dundee then offered slightly more on Tuesday night. He now only has one concrete permanent offer on the table.
We've just signed Boris, we don't need Theresa [emoji41]

Just now, eindhovendee said:

We've just signed Boris, we don't need Theresa emoji41.png

Tough 😂 Hes got no other options now.

Vine was likely telling Goodwin your offer at McDiarmid on Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If i wanted to listen to an arsehole id fart.