Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

When McGhee first joined us he looked a player, sadly due to the utter dugshite team we had his form suffered aswell. He really hasn't recaptured any of the form he showed and maybe the move will do him good. Better at centre half than full back but scored a few goals from that position. He'll be a decent squad player if nothing else. 

Playing with Paul Paton every week would make Lionel Messi look average.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Playing with Paul Paton every week would make Lionel Messi look average.  

There were worse than Paton in our side throughout the course of the season, unbelievable as it sounds. Some wouldn't even get a game at junior level that's how horrifically bad we were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

There were worse than Paton in our side throughout the course of the season, unbelievable as it sounds. Some wouldn't even get a game at junior level that's how horrifically bad we were. 

Aye Hartleys transfer history with us wasn't exactly the best either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know enough about him to say whether he'll be a success or not, but to have over 100 games played with about half in the top flight of Scotland, to be the captain of Falkirk and to have once upon a time be linked with Juventus and be younger than Cammy Kerr isn't half bad.
I'm a big fan if McGhee, he should do well for you. decent in the air, scores a few goals a season, sometimes screamers, never hides and gives his all. imo a big loss for Falkirk. I wish him all the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan McGhee is a solid Championship defender but he’s not really got a defined position. For us he’s played right back, centre-back, left-back, right wing-back, left wing-back and holding midfield. He’s decent enough and does a job in most of them. Decent with the ball at his feet as well so would do well partnered with a big lump of a centre back if played there.

He won our PoY in his first season where he started off at centre-back then played a few months at left-back because we didn’t have one then finally playing right side of a back 3. Which is probably where he was at his best with us. Last season Hartley started him at left-back despite having another 3 at the club and then pretty much exclusively played right-back for the entire season again due to us not having another right-back. He does a job there but nothing special imo.

Would’ve liked to have kept him but not too disappointed to see him go as it might force us to sign an actual right-back for the first time in 4 years. Seems like a decent enough guy and as pish as we were during his time with us he was never our worst player and at the very least the effort was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

When McGhee first joined us he looked a player, sadly due to the utter dugshite team we had his form suffered aswell. He really hasn't recaptured any of the form he showed and maybe the move will do him good. Better at centre half than full back but scored a few goals from that position. He'll be a decent squad player if nothing else. 

I can sense a lot of misery and despair in this post, totally understandable though.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
I don't know enough about him to say whether he'll be a success or not, but to have over 100 games played with about half in the top flight of Scotland, to be the captain of Falkirk and to have once upon a time be linked with Juventus and be younger than Cammy Kerr isn't half bad.

never hides and gives his all

Already better than Martin Woods, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf, McGhee spent last season being coached by Ray McKinnon so I don't think I'll be too worried about any negative reports about his performances at this point. 

Edited by Dee Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current state of play:

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (25) - May 2021

#38: Calum Ferrie (20) - May 2020

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (23) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (22) - May 2021

#14: Andrew Davies (34) - May 2020

#24: Josh Meekings (26) - May 2020

Midfielders

#18: Paul McGowan (31) - May 2020

#: Josh Todd (24) - May 2021

#: Declan McDaid (23) - May 2021

Strikers

#20: Kenny Miller (39) - May 2020

#21: Andrew Nelson (21) - May 2021

#23: Craig Curran (29) - May 2021

Manager

James McPake (34) - Rolling Contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Current state of play:

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (25) - May 2021

#38: Calum Ferrie (20) - May 2020

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (23) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (22) - May 2021

#14: Andrew Davies (34) - May 2020

#24: Josh Meekings (26) - May 2020

Midfielders

#18: Paul McGowan (31) - May 2020

#: Josh Todd (24) - May 2021

#: Declan McDaid (23) - May 2021

Strikers

#20: Kenny Miller (39) - May 2020

#21: Andrew Nelson (21) - May 2021

#23: Craig Curran (29) - May 2021

Manager

James McPake (34) - Rolling Contract

One full squad and a backup keeper in Hamilton.

Need the signing emoji a few more times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I believe [mention=34089]LiamDFC[/mention] is your man. 


Excellent.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

That Mcghee is a poor signing. Come on! Played for a disgustingly bad Falkirk team last year.

 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Tbf, McGhee spent last season being coached by Ray McKinnon so I don't think I'll be too worried about any negative reports about his performances at this point. 

Thanks for your input. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Current state of play:

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (25) - May 2021

#38: Calum Ferrie (20) - May 2020

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (23) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (22) - May 2021

#14: Andrew Davies (34) - May 2020

#24: Josh Meekings (26) - May 2020

Midfielders

#18: Paul McGowan (31) - May 2020

#: Josh Todd (24) - May 2021

#: Declan McDaid (23) - May 2021

Strikers

#20: Kenny Miller (39) - May 2020

#21: Andrew Nelson (21) - May 2021

#23: Craig Curran (29) - May 2021

Manager

James McPake (34) - Rolling Contract




That is scary. Is Waddell not our player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Father Dougal McGuire said:

That is scary. Is Waddell not our player?

 

 

Out of contract, along with Jesse hasn't re-signed as of yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am somewhat underwhelmed by this signing.

 

A player from a team who've just be relegated from this league doesn't inspire me with confidence - more so when you read the less than complimentary comments from Falkirk fans about his performances last season.

 

I just hope I am proven wrong.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

That Mcghee is a poor signing. Come on! Played for a disgustingly bad Falkirk team last year.

That'll be the Falkirk team who spanked you guys 6-1 in January last year which included Jordan McGhee and Andrew Nelson.

All joking apart, the verdict won't be due anytime soon.

Best regards     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

That Mcghee is a poor signing. Come on! Played for a disgustingly bad Falkirk team last year.

Shut your pus Stewart, you fucking stupid gimp.

 

Mark Connolly and Jamie Robson played in defence for you c***s last year so I think we'll be all right, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kris Boyd has retired so he won't be coming to Dens.

A strike force of Nelson, Doolan, Miller and Curran isn't half bad. Each would bring different things and cause different problems. Except Curran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Shut your pus Stewart, you fucking stupid gimp.

 

Mark Connolly and Jamie Robson played in defence for you c***s last year so I think we'll be all right, thanks.

^^^^^^^

That’s how you get somecunt telt. 

Oh you missed out Reynolds and Watson as well. They were louping at best in they playoffs plus the boy Smith from Ayr who’s brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...