All things Dundee FC

Sorry, but after the season we have just endured I can’t emphasis how good it is is to see “Opposition 0”.  This is a new team and the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the season will be about getting the team to gell and keeping near enough to be in contention come April. Keeping clean sheets is a must. Too may draws are bad in the long term, especially of the 0-0 variety, but it’s the foundation we need to recover. Onwards and upwards. 

We just don't learn - two seasons of playing ponderous football in midfield, with one up front - it just doesn't work.

One up front needs to be put in the sea - it only works if you are actually looking for a draw or you have quality midfielders supporting the lone man - we just don't have that supporting quality.
McGowan went from playing behind the striker[emoji12]to playing in front of the centre backs.
I was 5 mins late and the first thing I saw was us being unable to retain possession from a throw in. I've been watching that happen for ever. Peterhead harried is all over the park, and to me looked fitter, although that could just be that they looked like they could be more arsed than our pop stars.
Again something that has been a prevalent character in Dundee teams for a long, long time.
And that blue is all wrong.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So... what are the odds for a Sunday 📝? I genuinely hate how this is always on my mind, but it is, and today's game made it even more urgent to me.

We don't return to training till Monday so probably a boring Sunday as no-one will be in.

This is such a nothing thing, but was really annoyed at Jimmy Nicholl today. With the manager away, he's the de facto leader and he didn't move from the substitutes bench once to give instruction. I saw Dave Mackay do it once but Nicholl was just watching on like the rest of us.

I came out of the game as hacked off as everyone else but said "we've not found our boo boy yet".  It now appears that it's McDaid.  Well done to the wallopers; you're smart enough to make your mind up after a few games and give him pelters for the rest of the season to convince yourselves you're right.  I'm sure that'll help his confidence and he'll play better because of it. 

I came out of the game as hacked off as everyone else but said "we've not found our boo boy yet".  It now appears that it's McDaid.  Well done to the wallopers; you're smart enough to make your mind up after a few games and give him pelters for the rest of the season to convince yourselves you're right.  I'm sure that'll help his confidence and he'll play better because of it. 

Nae bather Mr McDaid.

Did you actually WATCH him yesterday?

FFS Dundee, can't you even let us have a week?  
There we are, enjoying our moment as the headline act with an embarrassing 1-0 defeat at Montrose.
And within 4 (four!) days, you attention seekers have drawn 0-0 at Cove and at home to Peterhead!

7points from 9 and 3 clean sheets, Paulo. If we sign a couple attacking players then we’re winning this thing.