All things Dundee FC

I don't speak with any exaggeration when I say we robbed Peterhead. Midfield could barely string 2 passes together, and the team barely made any attempt at attacking. Peterhead were far more fluid than us and looked the better team the whole game. Our only credit is keeping a clean sheet. McDaid in particular was dreadful, every time he got the ball play essentially stopped. I will say though that he was at least willing to take a fucking shot!
No depth in the squad at all (Shocker, I know) and once Curran was on there was nobody you could think of that would change this. Desperately need players signed by Sunday.
So, in summation, not too great. At least we can win a penalty shootout.

Couldnt have put it any better! What is it with our club and having a tendency to not have strikers and lack of creativity in the middle of the park? bar the odd gem such as Stewart, Hemmings, Kamara in recent times albeit that was only 2 seasons its been in a rut since.

Listened to open all Mics at the game and it sounded like Keatings was having a blinder for inverness on the wings, Inverness i might add had 22 shots at goal compared to our lame attempts at 8 with nil on target. Another player we maybe should have given a second chance to at this level?

Hoping theres some pen and paper emojis on the twitter this week otherwise...

I’ll do absolutely f**k all about it...

Will continue to rant and spout pish on this and still support the derry regardless!

Desperately need left and right wingers. Mcdaid looks like he will be a frustrating figure most games.  We need someone who has ability and vision, when we reach the top of the park. Possibly todd played in his favoured position of behind the striker might just give us that but I highly doubt it. Striker is a must. Nelson is still a raw player  and needs to develop. However I think back to middle there is a solid team, who will work hard and keep the ball. Its just unlocking that final door. Credit to Peterhead today they were organised and soaked up what little pressure we gave them and we just couldn't figure out how to break them down. Bit of a let off with the Hamilton save, really switched off letting them. More composure from the striker and we were well beaten but well saved and a poor 2 points gained. 

Seeing a lot of posts about McDaid mirror's a lot of Ayr fans frustrations with him can look an absolute world beater one week (normally when he's on the telly) then be rubbish for the next 6 weeks defo a really good player in their but so far has never been constant enough.

Yes.
image.png.0947ab66135e50fb0633fa517957b7d9.png

Cheers

Well that was shite today. The only positive being young Finlay Robertson who I thought had a very solid game.

Felt a wee bit sorry for Mulligan. The overall poor display seemed to effect his confidence. Young Michael Cunningham made an impact when he came on, again.

I’d just about cut our losses on McDaid now. He’s a fucking imposter.

To be fair we have played against 2 teams who were probably quite happy to get to penalties but these displays are a wee bit frightening.

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not had anything to do tbf. Not really is my answer but we've bigger problems. 

Indeed we do, but I have faith that McPake will make the signings we need. He has said that he is still working on a couple and going by what he has done so far, I am confident that he is looking at the positions we are all speaking about. 

The silver lining on this pretty poor cup campaign is that we are top of our group and highlighted what we need.

God I hope Ness' injury isn't too serious. Midfield resorted back to last season's level, felt like Peterhead dominated us there. Thank god our defence looks decent.

Totally agree. Apparently he was 50/50 for today so it doesn’t sound too bad.