All things Dundee FC

I was out for a mate’s birthday Saturday and met a Thistle supporter. He asked me who I supported I said ‘Dundee’. He said ‘Good man. I hate Dundee United. Who the f**k likes Dundee United!?’

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Girth said:

I was out for a mate’s birthday Saturday and met a Thistle supporter. He asked me who I supported I said ‘Dundee’. He said ‘Good man. I hate Dundee United. Who the f**k likes Dundee United!?’

Thank you.

Jagfox doesn't half get about, huh? 

We have 11 outfield players at the moment (Not including youth that will complement the squad) and of that 11, 1 doesn't train (Davies). We leave for Spain in less than a week and have our first pre-season game 5 days.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's about it, always had good keepers here. McPake has to sign one.

eta anybody remember Alan Blair?

Thank you.

Anyone remember Marco Roccati?  The bugger only brought his own goalkeeping coach from Bologna in 2000-2001 whilst on loan!!!

This was a guy who according to Wiki only made 113 senior appearances from 1995 until 2008, mostly in Italy thankfully.

Personally I've yet to see a custodian better than Ally Donaldson, I was only a young lad at the time and Ally was near the end of his career.

Best regards19791980-dundee-goalkeeper-ally-donaldson-BJKGX2.thumb.jpg.f89445c98caecad41531160c9ed2a739.jpg

Edited by This Charming Man

I would think it will be very interesting to see who succeeds Oran Kearney as St Mirren manager. 

After all, it was at the end of the day quite a surprise Jim Goodwin remaining at Alloa when a potential progressive management position at Dens was maybe within reach. Would appear on the surface someone whispering in his ear regarding his beloved Buddies, time will tell.

Anyway, his loss, our gain, meantime raise our glasses to James McPake!! 

Best regards 

We have 11 outfield players at the moment (Not including youth that will complement the squad) and of that 11, 1 doesn't train (Davies). We leave for Spain in less than a week and have our first pre-season game 5 days.

Surely another 5/6 or even 7 to come in - especially if 1 is a keeper.

Better get our fingers out.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Somebody is going to snap their ankle in Spain in that closed doors game vs Scunthorpe I bet, just because.

I’m 50/50...I worry his confidence with us is gone but think he could be a pretty good championship keeper at the same time (did he start any games against championship sides last season?). I just hope we bring in a decent under study. How are our current youth keepers? Can’t remember who is still with us?

7 minutes ago, yehyehyeh said:

I’m 50/50...I worry his confidence with us is gone but think he could be a pretty good championship keeper at the same time (did he start any games against championship sides last season?). I just hope we bring in a decent under study. How are our current youth keepers? Can’t remember who is still with us?

Did he not start against Dunfermline at the start of last season? 

Does no one think Hamilton would be a good keeper in a lower division ?, Maybe championship is his level

Slightly less pressure might help him rediscover some form but I’m not sure that keepers are the same as outfield players when they drop down a level.

It’s not like he was being beaten by overhead kicks in the top corner every week. He was gifting the opposition goals in all sorts of hilarious (not really) ways and that’s going to happen whether he’s playing Celtic or Cove Rangers.

11 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Does no one think Hamilton would be a good keeper in a lower division ?, Maybe championship is his level

I'm not sure the lower level has such a big impact on keepers than outfield players - a little less pressure maybe.

Slightly less pressure might help him rediscover some form but I’m not sure that keepers are the same as outfield players when they drop down a level.

It’s not like he was being beaten by overhead kicks in the top corner every week. He was gifting the opposition goals in all sorts of hilarious (not really) ways and that’s going to happen whether he’s playing Celtic or Cove Rangers.

I'm not sure the lower level has such a big impact on keepers than outfield players - a little less pressure maybe.

Wish I’d thought of saying that [emoji23]