All things Dundee FC

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It sounds a shite deal if you think of the Miller at the end of his Rangers spell, but he deteriorated at a spectacular rate last season.

Whilst that's true, Fyvie by all accounts has no knees, and Doolan, even at his peak, couldn't maintain a first team role at Partick.

I think youd be right to get rid of Miller, I dont think that money should be spent on Fyvie and Doolan.

Absolutely delighted if Miller does leave.  Waste of a very significant wage.  

I’m assuming if he does leave Sir James will bring in another holding midfielder to replace Miller’s contribution to the team*!

*I can replace Miller’s moaning and pointing from my seat in the Derry!

Where about's does Miller live? Not sure how it works as a professional footballer but surely with the money he's made in his career the difference between playing for Dundee and Partick is pittance and rather the hour commute to Dundee would play a part in his decision.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

How much is Kenny Miller on, exactly?

I don't think anyone actually knows. It seems to be the assumption of the fact he was at the Glasgow ranchers and a senior player.

I think in the championship he would have done okay for us but again, would he have been worth it.

Regarding Millwr, the biggest thing for me is that he has a history of undermining his managers. Given that he was in for McPakes job, it makes his position untenable. He would have done a job in the Championship as a player, imo, but the risk of his negative attitude in the dressing room would put me off, if I was in charge of him — particularly if I’d just been promoted ahead of him. Him moving on is best for all parties, imo.

Plus he’s an ugly, goblin-looking c**t.

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Where about's does Miller live? Not sure how it works as a professional footballer but surely with the money he's made in his career the difference between playing for Dundee and Partick is pittance and rather the hour commute to Dundee would play a part in his decision.

He stays in Bothwell. I know a guy who used to deliver his takeaways and he tips handsomely. 

Not fussed either way about Miller tbh. Was hoping he’d be our version of Stephen Dobbie this season but that’s me trying to convince myself. Cost us dearly in a couple of crucial games when we were level and he’s through  1on 1 with the keeper, electing to go around the keeper  instead of shooting and fluffing his lines. 

Certainly won’t miss him standing in the centre circle pointing instructions to everyone else instead of concentrating on his own game and where he should be, was dropping deeper and deeper in games instead of staying up front and central where he could’ve made a difference. Tbf to Kenny that might be on instruction by the worst manager in our club’s history right enough. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

How much is Kenny Miller on, exactly?

The cost of his two year deal, including prospective bonuses, is probably similar to what Ayr asked you for Shankland 

heard online ( i know) £1,500 a week

Sounds about right. I heard he was on a large chunk.

Hopefully get two younger hungry strikers in to replace him.

Thank you.

£1,500 is hardly a big wage. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The cost of his two year deal, including prospective bonuses, is probably similar to what Ayr asked you for Shankland 

That's a whole load of make believe nonsense. Please stop. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye but they said we could have any two players we wanted 😂

14 minutes ago, Dele said:

£1,500 is hardly a big wage. 

That's a whole load of make believe nonsense. Please stop. 

£1.5k a week is £156k over two years, were you not reportedly asked for £100k to get Shankland?

Edited by RandomGuy.