All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Surprised so many people are giving it the "if he's fit and on form then he'll be a great signing" re: Fyvie. Does nobody think that's exactly what the DABs thought before us?

If he was capable of being a top player in this league then they wouldn't be letting him go. Naive to think it'll be different for us IMO.

TBF to Fyvie, if I was at the DABs, I would not be giving 100% either.

Dieng was awful. He had a few decent games, but he had many, many more howlers. 

I wouldn’t want him back to be honest. However, if it was a straight choice between him and Hamilton, then obviously it’s Dieng. But that reasoning also goes for Hamilton or torso in a wheelchair. 

Dieng was awful. He had a few decent games, but he had many, many more howlers. 
I wouldn’t want him back to be honest. However, if it was a straight choice between him and Hamilton, then obviously it’s Dieng. But that reasoning also goes for Hamilton or torso in a wheelchair. 
Dieng is by far, the best keeper we've had in the air since Rab. Being 7ft made a difference but he was nowhere near awful, spilled a couple of shots in bad places but his all round game was very good (apart from one cross at Hamilton) and he took a lot of pressure off the defence.

He'll have a better career than Dundee when a good coach works on a couple of wee things.

Surprised so many people are giving it the "if he's fit and on form then he'll be a great signing" re: Fyvie. Does nobody think that's exactly what the DABs thought before us?
If he was capable of being a top player in this league then they wouldn't be letting him go. Naive to think it'll be different for us IMO.

Hard to disagree with you.

45 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Dieng is by far, the best keeper we've had in the air since Rab. Being 7ft made a difference but he was nowhere near awful, spilled a couple of shots in bad places but his all round game was very good (apart from one cross at Hamilton) and he took a lot of pressure off the defence.

He'll have a better career than Dundee when a good coach works on a couple of wee things.

I thought he had all the attributes, but just didn’t impress me at all. His first two games were promising, I believed we actually signed a player for once, but then things went belly up  as usual.

I’d say Speroni was better in the air, despite being pretty small for a keeper. 

Dieng wasn't the finished article. Bear in mind he'd only played first team football in the Conference before us.

He had it all. He epitomised the new breed of sweeper keepers coming through and that style lends itself to you making the odd c**t of things, not least when your defence is never ever gonna help you out. I thought he commanded his box like no keeper I've seen since Rab and he had the flexibility of Speroni. If he has half the career either of those had he'd be doing well but he certainly has the raw attributes to become first choice at QPR ahead of Liam Kelly IMO.

Just my opinion so ignore it, but Dieng wont make it unless he learns he doesnt need to dive every time hes making a save. 

A few times against us he had some bizarre moments where he couldn't just stood still and collected the ball but decided to jump about punching it instead.

Everybody hates Bain obviously but when he first came in and replaced Letheren it was the most impressed I'd been with anyone since Rab started. I seem to recall one of the things that marked him out was the willingness to come off his line. That drifted out of his game, and if course the rest as they say is history.

You have to remember that everyone loosely connected with Dundee United in any way shape or form is a fucking moron. If Fyvie signs with us he’ll stroll this league.

I'm not actually that bothered about Miller going, my worry is that he's just going to be replaced with Doolan which all seems rather pointless. 

We need at least two strikers now as Curran is never going to score enough goals. 

Great news. All he did most games was walk about in midfield pointing. 

Undoubtedly a good player in his day, but he is well past it. Hope we don’t sign Doolan to replace him though, that would be a massive mistake. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently Miller is heading to Partick Thistle.

Their thread will be absolutely glorious if that's true 😂

I don't especially want Miller to leave, but if the Partick Thistle thing is true then one can only imagine it's been imitated by Miller himself that he wants to move on. He's our highest paid player, so if we can bring in a couple of players ie, Fyvie and Doolan from his wage alone then it'll be disappointing but probably prudent business.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't especially want Miller to leave, but if the Partick Thistle thing is true then one can only imagine it's been imitated by Miller himself that he wants to move on. He's our highest paid player, so if we can bring in a couple of players ie, Fyvie and Doolan from his wage alone then it'll be disappointing but probably prudent business.

Miller for Fyvie and Doolan sounds a fairly shite deal, and I'm no fan of Miller.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Miller for Fyvie and Doolan sounds a fairly shite deal, and I'm no fan of Miller.

It sounds a shite deal if you think of the Miller at the end of his Rangers spell, but he deteriorated at a spectacular rate last season.