All things Dundee FC

WTF? The last time I saw him, he had an arse like the back of a bus.

Fyvie, Davies and Meekings all in the same squad. Hope you’ve got plenty of treatment tables.

Fyvie could barely last 90 minutes last season, and basically got pushed to the sidelines when Dundee United went all in for the title last January. I was under the impression he was going to go part time and work on his coaching badges.

FWIW you’ll rarely see Davies participating in midweek training. Even when he was with us, he’d do rehab during the week and just play Saturday to Saturday.

I was jealous when United signed him, I was surprised when United released him. If he can get fit, we've potentially one of the best midfielders in the league in our side, but the worry is that everything points to him being done.

I agree totally, it’ll all come down to game management for him like with Kevin Thompson if he has half KT’s influence he it all points to a key signing

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Looks like Fyvie now coming in - thoughts?

As someone said previously, pay as you play please.

Thank you.

He is one of these players that has always had the potential to be a great player he was excellent at Aberdeen as a youngster and alright at Hibs. He has had a couple of issues with his cruciate but if he can get back to how he was at Aberdeen then I would be happy to have him on board. If not then he is not a bad squad player to have at least.

He is one of these players that has always had the potential to be a great player he was excellent at Aberdeen as a youngster and alright at Hibs. He has had a couple of issues with his cruciate but if he can get back to how he was at Aberdeen then I would be happy to have him on board. If not then he is not a bad squad player to have at least.

I don’t know enough about these things but should we not learn our lesson re fucked players?

Last I heard he was going to Cove.

7 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Got to trust McPake 100% with Fyvie. Especially as he has had his own battles with injuries. He’ll know if he’s capable of being an asset.

Yeah, agree with the above assessment 100%.

Talented player indeed and if match-fit, I would assume also a hunger to prove himself.  Especially taking into account his most recent location of employment. 

Best regards

Quiz:

1. Which CH did we sign in the 06-07 season on loan from Cowdenbeath?
2. Which defender did we sign on loan from Motherwell in the 07-08 season?
3.  Which two Canadian players plyed their trade for Dundee in 2008?
4. Which Airdrie manager were we denied permission to speak to when trying to find a replacement for Alex Rae?
5.  Which manager was angered for thinking we could get their star player for, '2 bob and a donut'?
6. Which former Sunderland player was signed by Alex Rae in 2008?

I hate how we've not been able to play a game of guess the mystery trialist in this year's preseason pictures. 

The unmasking of Brian Nana-Sinkam was one of the highlights of last year's Summer break. 

Edited by Louis Litt

Quiz:
4. Which Airdrie manager were we denied permission to speak to when trying to find a replacement for Alex Rae?
5.  Which manager was angered for thinking we could get their star player for, '2 bob and a donut'?

They’re hard Ludo!!

Gonna stick my head above the parapet slightly; I’d have Robson back this season. I thought he was improving towards the end of the season having had a run of games and I think with a preseason he’d stroll games in the Championship.
No one else seemed to rate him so I’m probably on my own here but hey ho.

I’d have O’Sullivan back too, he’d be fine in the Championship too - probably his level.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Quiz:

Pozniak is one of the Canadians.

Quiz:

1 - Cowan?
2 - Corrigan or greg strong
3 - pozniak and tom hutchinson?
4 - f**k knows airdrie are fucking diddies
5 - all them
6 - darren williams

9 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

1 - Cowan?
2 - Corrigan or greg strong
3 - pozniak and tom hutchinson?
4 - f**k knows airdrie are fucking diddies
5 - all them