All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
Would it have been too much to ask for him to do the same as MacDonald?

Yes. If you fall out with your boss, decide you're leaving and he then comes back and says "tell you what, how about you sign this contract for a couple of years. We'll still sell you, honest", that's a hell of a risk. From what I recall Dixon was much more of a c**t about it.

Clueless. It was Dixon who was told that he wasn’t being offered a deal. 

12 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I was referring to his antipathy towards us post-move, you daft c**t emoji1.png

😂 read your post nugget. You thought it was too much for someone to do the same as MacDonald to help the club out that had looked after him from a young age. Even 10, 20 grand would’ve helped the club out at that time. 

No problem with the way Dixon left. Rae didn’t want him and regularly dropped him for Eddie Malone ffs. Not sure you’ll remember that right enough. 

No one needs to be in the know about Robertson, the facts are there for all to see. Signed on as a youngster, progresses through to the 1st team, runs his contract out so he can leave on a free at the 1st opportunity whilst the club is on its last legs, signs for our rivals across the road when he had other offers which included Hibs. A bigger boot in the bollocks our club couldn’t get. All whilst Kevin MacDonald  signs a new contract to look after the club  who gave him his start in senior football. 
Could obviously see others points of view regarding Nathan Ralph but definitely won’t be convinced otherwise about this Judas c**t. Let’s hope he doesn’t tell the youngsters coming through the academy to copy his actions. 

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

[emoji23] read your post nugget. You thought it was too much for someone to do the same as MacDonald to help the club out that had looked after him from a young age. Even 10, 20 grand would’ve helped the club out at that time. 
No problem with the way Dixon left. Rae didn’t want him and regularly dropped him for Eddie Malone ffs. Not sure you’ll remember that right enough. 

Look at him [emoji23]
Calm doon tiny tears [emoji1]

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The usual ignorance from some about Scott Robertson - anyone in the know will tell you that it was Alec Rae who was to blame for him going.

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

No one needs to be in the know about Robertson, the facts are there for all to see. Signed on as a youngster, progresses through to the 1st team, runs his contract out so he can leave on a free at the 1st opportunity whilst the club is on its last legs, signs for our rivals across the road when he had other offers which included Hibs. A bigger boot in the bollocks our club couldn’t get. All whilst Kevin MacDonald  signs a new contract to look after the club  who gave him his start in senior football. 

Could obviously see others points of view regarding Nathan Ralph but definitely won’t be convinced otherwise about this Judas c**t. Let’s hope he doesn’t tell the youngsters coming through the academy to copy his actions. 

Come on then enlighten me, what part of that didn’t happen when Robertson left. 

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:
2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
Would it have been too much to ask for him to do the same as MacDonald?

Yes. If you fall out with your boss, decide you're leaving and he then comes back and says "tell you what, how about you sign this contract for a couple of years. We'll still sell you, honest", that's a hell of a risk. From what I recall Dixon was much more of a c**t about it.

Firstly, before I get shouted down, I'd like to say I respect the differing opinions regarding Scott Robertson's appointment. That's actually what makes our thread so healthy.

However, from personal previous experience of leaving a good job following shall we say "a professional difference of opinion" all I can say is the young man must have been in a pretty dire, desperate situation in 2008 considering his ultimate chosen destination! 

Best regards