All things Dundee FC

He's never been officially listed in any capacity so it may be that he's still here.  Heard that Robertson was arranged months ago and he was to replace McPake who was to take a new role at the SFA.
Has been at quite a few under 16 games. Gary Irvine was at the last one

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The usual ignorance from some about Scott Robertson - anyone in the know will tell you that it was Alec Rae who was to blame for him going.

Exactly. And he's never had a bad thing to say about Dundee despite the massive amounts unnecessarily nasty shit that some elements of our support have put him through the years since he had to leave. 

I'm personally glad to have him back at the club. 

I’m not really fussed Jessie is away but I think he would of flourished in this division against a lower level of opposition. This now means we need another winger who can play both on the left and right.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The usual ignorance from some about Scott Robertson - anyone in the know will tell you that it was Alec Rae who was to blame for him going.

No one needs to be in the know about Robertson, the facts are there for all to see. Signed on as a youngster, progresses through to the 1st team, runs his contract out so he can leave on a free at the 1st opportunity whilst the club is on its last legs, signs for our rivals across the road when he had other offers which included Hibs. A bigger boot in the bollocks our club couldn’t get. All whilst Kevin MacDonald  signs a new contract to look after the club  who gave him his start in senior football. 

Could obviously see others points of view regarding Nathan Ralph but definitely won’t be convinced otherwise about this Judas c**t. Let’s hope he doesn’t tell the youngsters coming through the academy to copy his actions. 

regardless of everyones personal view on the backroom team we are recruiting , surely we can all be in agreement that for the first time in many years we look like we are putting together a backroom team that is capable of supporting both the manager and the players in becoming successful in the long run. the days of short term fixes are hopefully over and im sure if some people were to take a step back and look at the situation they would realise this.

everyone needs to put them selves in the players boots , loyalty to a football club doesn't pay the mortgage. there's no chance anyone would turn down a better paid job(speculating it was better paid)  and accept they might lose their job if the company they were at was to go in to admin.

Edited by Derry1893

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

Heard that Robertson was arranged months ago and he was to replace McPake who was to take a new role at the SFA.

He turned us down a few weeks ago. We've either offered more money or responsibility. Perhaps both. 

Sad to see Jesse go, felt he got a hard ride from most of the fans. Hope he has a good career wherever he goes. 

Just now, Crawford said:

Academy full of young legs too. People McPake knows well I add.

Indeed, I'd say we can probably expect around 4 at a push (Even then, that's optimistic) to make a claim for themselves this season, still only 16 worthwhile bodies at present.

There will be plenty of folk in on trial for start of pre-season that we don’t know about.

Think we’ll have added another 3 by end of next week.
Is this coming from your source? Hope yer right on this as we lack numbers. We desperately need a new goalkeeper.

He turned us down a few weeks ago. We've either offered more money or responsibility. Perhaps both. 
Sad to see Jesse go, felt he got a hard ride from most of the fans. Hope he has a good career wherever he goes. 
I know next Tuesday players are meeting Robertson and Kerr will be there ( no clue what Kerr does apart from help out ) for an annual review and then next review will be November for most of the youngsters and I believe whatever youngsters dont progress some will get let go at December time ready for some to come in January. ( this according to my mate who son is at under 16 level).

1 hour ago, Derry1893 said:

regardless of everyones personal view on the backroom team we are recruiting , surely we can all be in agreement that for the first time in many years we look like we are putting together a backroom team that is capable of supporting both the manager and the players in becoming successful in the long run. the days of short term fixes are hopefully over and im sure if some people were to take a step back and look at the situation they would realise this.

everyone needs to put them selves in the players boots , loyalty to a football club doesn't pay the mortgage. there's no chance anyone would turn down a better paid job(speculating it was better paid)  and accept they might lose their job if the company they were at was to go in to admin.

He turned down more money at Hibs if I recall correctly. 

Obviously agree about new coaches getting hired, fantastic. Presume it’s the money from Celtic’s European adventures that are funding this. 

Edited by Yenitit

No one needs to be in the know about Robertson, the facts are there for all to see. Signed on as a youngster, progresses through to the 1st team, runs his contract out so he can leave on a free at the 1st opportunity whilst the club is on its last legs, signs for our rivals across the road when he had other offers which included Hibs. A bigger boot in the bollocks our club couldn’t get. All whilst Kevin MacDonald  signs a new contract to look after the club  who gave him his start in senior football. 
Could obviously see others points of view regarding Nathan Ralph but definitely won’t be convinced otherwise about this Judas c**t. Let’s hope he doesn’t tell the youngsters coming through the academy to copy his actions. 
Infantile nonsense. Robertson made a decision he felt best for his career. Why would a player choose a club he didn't want to go to in case he upset some of the dafties in our support? Rae was a hopeless man-manager and played a huge part in Robertson's departure.

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Infantile nonsense. Robertson made a decision he felt best for his career. Why would a player choose a club he didn't want to go to in case he upset some of the dafties in our support? Rae was a hopeless man-manager and played a huge part in Robertson's departure.

Would it have been too much to ask for him to do the same as MacDonald?

6 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I take it your minds fucked again ye walloper 

Would it have been too much to ask for him to do the same as MacDonald?
Yes. If you fall out with your boss, decide you're leaving and he then comes back and says "tell you what, how about you sign this contract for a couple of years. We'll still sell you, honest", that's a hell of a risk. From what I recall Dixon was much more of a c**t about it.