All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

I'd have Murray back. Scored for fun in this league with them last time

I’d take him as well. More than capable at this level and would make a fairly decent strike partnership beside Nelson. 

Well I guess we will see. My feeling is you guys are just a wee bit over excited because you have never had a decent player before.

We’ve had better players than Shankland tbh. However he’s probably the best we’ve had in recent years.
A paltry six goals in the entire second half of the season suggests otherwise. To think that Ayr had the chance to punt him for £250k at the height of his bubble, let it burst and got nothing to show for it. 
32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.20d9cd26f2de6dc19fbfa6ba6b613aeb.jpg

Then it’s a good thing players aren’t rated based off of half a season.

Unless they’re being rated by absolute morons.

8 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

One every other game for hibs in the premier and 18/19 goals for United in the championship is not to bad in my book. I'd take him back anyway 

He scored 10 in the Championship for United in 30+ games. 

I think you're adding his League Cup stats where he scored about 8 against Bo'ness or some shite. 

He scored less than 1 in 3 for Hibs, too. 

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Then it’s a good thing players aren’t rated based off of half a season.

Unless they’re being rated by absolute morons.

He was indeed rated at £250k by absolute morons off the back of half a season in the Championship. It's really not my fault that your club was too stupid to accept bids at that time, he predictably reverted to type as a fat, puffing mess in the second half of that season and you ended up with no money and no success tbh. 

Edited by vikingTON

He was indeed rated at £250k by absolute morons off the back of half a season in the Championship. It's really not my fault that your club was too stupid to accept bids at that time, he predictably reverted to type as a fat, puffing mess in the second half of that season and you ended up with no money and no success tbh. 

Apart from the fact that he clearly wasn’t fat.

He got injured and never fully got back to full fitness. If we’d had a capable backup that could’ve scored more goals than Moore then we could probably have let him sitting on the bench and recover more.

I really don’t care that we didn’t sell him tbh.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

A paltry six goals in the entire second half of the season suggests otherwise. To think that Ayr had the chance to punt him for £250k at the height of his bubble, let it burst and got nothing to show for it. 

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.20d9cd26f2de6dc19fbfa6ba6b613aeb.jpg

Those six goals from 11 starts while carrying an injury was still enough to match Morton’s top scorer over the entire season.

Swing and a miss you utter diddy.

I would have Murray in a heart beat. Championship is his level and as shit as things were when we had him he was always our biggest scoring threat.

It's easy to dislike the ex dab, but honestly he was the best we had at the time.

Edited by Crawford

15 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I would have Murray in a heart beat. Championship is his level and as shit as things were when we had him he was always our biggest scoring threat.

It's easy to dislike the ex dab, bit honestly he was the best we had at the time.

Good evening

Taking all personal emotions out of the equation, I do believe the signing of Simon Murray could form a productive pairing alongside the young man Nelson.

After all would we cheer any less after he wheels away having netted at Tannadice in the famous Dark Blue?

Best regards

Genuinely surprised at the push-back at Simon Murray. I get it, but speaking about his time at the club, I saw him as a man who was genuinely passionate about the club and tried his damnedest on the pitch for us. I think he'd be great at the Championship level, but I'm not too bothered either way.