All things Dundee FC

Not too sure what to make of this - believe we've only got one player in Greg Stewart in our recent storied past that has come along to Dens after showing promise at a smaller club and has actually delivered. Despite being hallowed turf for former ICT players and more of their ilk; I hope he comes onto a game here. Not seen much of him myself aside from his part in the various demolitions of United but just have to hope the horrible run Ayr had at the end of the year does not affect his own confidence. Pretty much the level of signing we have to expect at the moment in a period of reconstruction.

Anyone expecting immediate promotion from a novice manager rebuilding an abject squad are unfortunately setting their sights a little too high in my opinion.

Edited by Raise High The Roof Beams

Just now, DigOutYourSoul said:

Hamilton may well be shit but almost guarantee he'll be number 1 on the first day of the season.

How do you work that one out? If McPake can't see that he's a fucking donkey, then we're fucked before we even start.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed they are.  The "smashing" wasn't entirely serious.

But of course, I'm the c**t because you can't detect sarcasm.

You went on to defend him against quite a few naysayers. I suspect you're backtracking into "I was only being sarcastic" now realisation of just how poor a signing it is has been achieved.

10 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Hamilton may well be shit but almost guarantee he'll be number 1 on the first day of the season.

If we still had McCann as manager I’d agree.  I’ve got faith that McPake will choose players that are best for the team, not his ego.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

How do you work that one out? If McPake can't see that he's a fucking donkey, then we're fucked before we even start.

Thank you.

100% this.

Hamilton is responsible for McPake not getting a victory in his first game in charge. Hopefully he was giving him a chance to prove the doubters wrong and redeem himself and McPake has noted that he failed spectacularly. 

He should be 3rd choice at the very most. 

22 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Tried to buy a season ticket earlier and it was farcical. 

First call was to the office number as advertised which just continued to ring - no voicemail or put on hold, nothing. 

Called again but chose a different option - same outcome. 

Called the club shop, got put through to a different department twice before the line went dead. 

Brilliant. 

ef0f04c0a13640fd104bb31b9869c17a.jpg

Dee Man ^ trying to buy his season ticket at 3am UK time. 

If there was any justice in the world Hamilton would be catapulted off the Law and into the middle of the Tay. 

Happy enough with McDaid.  

?

Kerr
Waddell
Meekings
Ralph (Jazzer will force him into staying)

Todd
?
?
McDaid

Nelson
?  

That's the basis of a Championship 19/20 winning team.  Honest.

Just now, DigOutYourSoul said:

Just get a feeling he's still considered a good keeper, and will be on too much money to just let him sit and not play. 

At championship level he's a good keeper. 

PS, the ginger prince is coming home.  

I'd take Murray if I'm honest.  

Hoping Miller and Curran aren't here next season.   

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

ef0f04c0a13640fd104bb31b9869c17a.jpg

Dee Man ^ trying to buy his season ticket at 3am UK time. 

If you could read, you would note the first sentence. "Tried to buy a season ticket EARLIER".

The hint is now in all caps for you.

I'm sure you can work it out. Try again :lol:

Just now, Crawford said:

If you could read, you would note the first sentence. "Tried to buy a season ticket EARLIER".

The hint is now in all caps for you.

I'm sure you can work it out. Try again :lol:

I cheated my way to got a 3 at standard grade maths so don't get involved in a maths war with me or you'll soon be out in deep water.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Definitely not Dee Man.  Looks more like a crowd shot after the fourth penalty miss at the recent play off.

Yes, Animal is a bit orange but his eyebrows are pure Jocky Scott.