All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

McIntyre has done well in the Championship/first division. I don’t think that’d be as catastrophic as Dundee fans might fear.

Hopefully nobody goes to see how he is getting on. 

Signing players to get you out of the Championship can be an absolute minefield (us being case in point). Ability is one thing but there seems to be a certain type of character that can thrive in the Championship and some that totally flop. The biggest concern Dundee should still have is that the footballing decisions at Dens are still not working, recruitment being a big one. Regardless of who is in charge (and it really shouldn’t be McIntyre) the club need to improve recruitment massively otherwise it could be a wasted summer ahead and a longer stint in the Championship than it should be (again case in point being us).

McIntyre will get the last 2 games then be punted. 

The club needs to hang fire and see what manager’s lose there job’s at the end of the season then go from there. Plenty of decent enough managers without a job to not be rushing things. Lessons need to be learnt. 

I think we’ve got the basis of a half decent championship team but setting that to one side, there is only one man I’d like to see manage us and I’d be prepared to take my shoes off at the presser if he needed a shite.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think we’ve got the basis of a half decent championship team but setting that to one side, there is only one man I’d like to see manage us and I’d be prepared to take my shoes off at the presser if he needed a shite.

Simon Stainrod ?

:P

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

McIntyre will get the last 2 games then be punted. 

The club needs to hang fire and see what manager’s lose there job’s at the end of the season then go from there. Plenty of decent enough managers without a job to not be rushing things. Lessons need to be learnt. 

The thing is though, McIntyre should've been punted already, an interim appointed and the search for a new manager could've continued behind the scenes. Potential candidates would know there is a vacancy and be applying already. 

I would give McPake and O'Dea the last 2 games, not that it's going to happen. 

Eta: Just after posting this I've just read Darren O'Dea's open letter saying he intends to retire at the end of the season to pursue a career in coaching. 

Edited by Dee Man

Obviously we are in the business now of handing out 2/3 year deals so whoever we go for should have the ability to get us up in one go and with the remaining year(s) left on the contract should keep us up easily instead of the same drift wood shite we usually get in

Nelms apparently wants McIntyre to stay on.  This would guarantee him leaving October/ November and us sacrificing any attempt at promotion next season. 

He clearly doesn’t have a clue about footballing matters. 

Re the above about ODea, I’d have kept him for the Championship next season. I doubt we can keep him as a coach, there’s only so many we can have. Darren, if you want to leave a hero, smack McIntyre, Woods and Curran’s puss on the final game please. 

3 hours ago, Daydream said:

Was just away to reply on your thread that I’d take him at Dens. Whenever I’ve praised him in the past you’ve been less than enthusiastic about him.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

He's alright. Flits between looking like a good top flight player and out of his depth both within games and just his form generally. He's only started one game since the turn of the year so I'm surprised he's getting an offer to be honest. I think he'll do well if you play to his strengths.

Dundees offer was apparently conditional. The wage offered has now been cut since they've been relegated. 

By the sounds of things Hamilton might be the front runners, if they stay up.

I dont think he fits at Saints. He cant play wide for us, and hes not capable of tracking runners central. If you need a "10" Wotherspoon and Kennedy are both better. Hes a lower half Premiership/top half Championship player, and that's only if you find his best role.

Edited by RandomGuy.

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Darren O'Dea retiring. He'd have strolled it in the Championship. I wonder if we'll keep him on McPake style.

I think the injuries were adding up, he was clearly having hamstring problems this season. Hard for a blood and thunder defender like O'Dea to try and play with a bad leg so maybe this is the right call. Wish him all the best.

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I think we’ve got the basis of a half decent championship team 

:lol:

Have you not spent the last three years claiming you're "a striker away from being a top half team"?

Guest My Brother Woody

Dundee only have 7 senior players  under contract for next season and wouldn't see Meekings and Davies playing too many games.

Hamilton

Ralph

Miller

C Curran

Davies

Meekings

Nelson

Edited by My Brother Woody

7 minutes ago, My Brother Woody said:

Dundee only have 7 senior players  under contract for next season and wouldn't see Meekings and Davies playing too many games.

Hamilton

Ralph

Miller

C Curran

Davies

Meekings

Nelson

I imagine Davies will have a release clause.