All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Bigger turnover, more assets, more money in the bank........ enjoy your days at the seaside next year pal.

We are and always will be a much bigger club though. That's why you are up to midnight on a Saturday on a Dundee forum :lol:

Edited by Chewing Taffies

9 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

You should try branching out to discussing something other than Dundee

He's a tedious fucking bore mate, just like his 'dodgy' tree house pal. Better off just blanking him. IMO.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

We are and always will be a much bigger club though. That's why you are up to midnight on a Saturday on a Dundee forum :lol:

We're a Premiership club. You? Not so much.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Spelling

26 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I honestly think that we're the soundest posters on here and no amount of St Johnstone or Kilmarnock fans will ever convince me otherwise. 

Keep it up, my derry brethren. 

@Bigmouth Strikes Again @Fifespud @Dundee-FC92 all disagree

2 hours ago, killiekranky said:

One final Premiership question, 

Do you think Jimmy Mac could have kept Dundee up, if he had been allowed to bring in his first choice backroom team ?

No. I’d say virtually all aspects of our play is pathetic and with that man anywhere near the tactics not much would’ve changed for the better. 

Every time the game stops for a freekick, throw in or whatever we are so unorganised regardless of whether it’s attacking or defending.

Lack of movement to receive the ball, lack of closing teams down at throw ins or getting guys in front of the opposition to stop them getting out of areas easily. 

No protection in front of the back four. 

No dedicated freekick, corner or penalty taker. According to the manager himself it’s just whoever fancies it. I find that incredible as you’d expect under 9’s/10’s would have that sorted out. 

A captain who shows no signs of leadership at all. Doesn’t appear to be vocal or a leader in terms of work ethic and commitment. Even appeared to have been on the periphery of the wee huddle before the game on Saturday. 

A striker who doesn’t score goals. Who does McIntyre think is going to get the goals if 1 of the strikers simply doesn’t score. The closest Curran got on Saturday to scoring was when the keeper tipped over his wayward cross. 

I still can’t get my head around when Davies broke his foot that there wasn’t another centrehalf brought in to play alongside McGowan and compete with O’Dea for that position. That was the area that was desperately needing improved because Kasunga just kept giving away goal after goal and still kept on playing.

Finding a defensive formation that actually looked half decent against Celtic then never played it again. 

Formations like 3-3-3-1 on Saturday, I presume that’s what it was meant to be.

Last throw of the dice game and we play a right back in central midfield for the 1st time.

Basic stuff like the play not getting opened up when tight to one touch line and the nugget just stands there with his hands in his pockets.

Anyone who goes to our games could go on and on about the basics of the game that just weren’t happening.

It’s just been ridiculous stuff from McIntyre. I’m pretty much convinced every other manager in our league would’ve kept that squad of players up. 12 points from the last 12 games would’ve got us 10th more than likely. 

Edited by Yenitit

I honestly think that we're the soundest posters on here and no amount of St Johnstone or Kilmarnock fans will ever convince me otherwise. 
Keep it up, my derry brethren. 

Well said my good man.

I genuinely think the Premiership forum will suffer considerably in our absence.

Thank you.

f**k it I'll make my own transfer rumours up.

Would like to see us go for Michael Tidser. I know Ryan Williamson has just been released from Dunfermline but he was linked with big things in the past and is only 22. Good, relatively cheap RB to compete with Cammy who will be absolutely fine at Championship level.

Wouldn't mind Gary Woods in if we can't keep Dieng. Be good to have Ferrie, Hamilton and the older Woods all battle it out for number 1.

Maybe finally take a punt on Lewis Vaughan as well? 

I decided like 3 days ago for no reason that I'm on the Kevin Nisbet hype train. 30 goals in 34 games ain't nothing to shy away from (I know pretty much nothing about him and other clubs' interests, all I know is that his contract is up soon, so therefore hype train). My dad suggests bringing back Leighton McIntosh, not too sure about that one but whatever. Also think Tidser is worth a shout, was saying so in January.

f**k it I'll make my own transfer rumours up.

Would like to see us go for Michael Tidser. I know Ryan Williamson has just been released from Dunfermline but he was linked with big things in the past and is only 22. Good, relatively cheap RB to compete with Cammy who will be absolutely fine at Championship level.

Wouldn't mind Gary Woods in if we can't keep Dieng. Be good to have Ferrie, Hamilton and the older Woods all battle it out for number 1.

Maybe finally take a punt on Lewis Vaughan as well? 

“Give me harkins and ten pieces of wood I’ll win us the champions league “ quoted from sir Barry smith himself

f**k it I'll make my own transfer rumours up. Wouldn't mind Gary Woods in if we can't keep Dieng. Be good to have Ferrie, Hamilton and the older Woods all battle it out for number 1. 

Going to an MLS team which is why he wouldn’t sign a new deal with us rather than us “getting rid” as such. You’ll have Jack Hamilton as number 1 and you’ll like it.

16 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Going to an MLS team which is why he wouldn’t sign a new deal with us rather than us “getting rid” as such. You’ll have Jack Hamilton as number 1 and you’ll like it.

Booooooooooooooo

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

No. I’d say virtually all aspects of our play is pathetic and with that man anywhere near the tactics not much would’ve changed for the better. 

Every time the game stops for a freekick, throw in or whatever we are so unorganised regardless of whether it’s attacking or defending.

Lack of movement to receive the ball, lack of closing teams down at throw ins or getting guys in front of the opposition to stop them getting out of areas easily. 

No protection in front of the back four. 

No dedicated freekick, corner or penalty taker. According to the manager himself it’s just whoever fancies it. I find that incredible as you’d expect under 9’s/10’s would have that sorted out. 

A captain who shows no signs of leadership at all. Doesn’t appear to be vocal or a leader in terms of work ethic and commitment. Even appeared to have been on the periphery of the wee huddle before the game on Saturday. 

A striker who doesn’t score goals. Who does McIntyre think is going to get the goals if 1 of the strikers simply doesn’t score. The closest Curran got on Saturday to scoring was when the keeper tipped over his wayward cross. 

I still can’t get my head around when Davies broke his foot that there wasn’t another centrehalf brought in to play alongside McGowan and compete with O’Dea for that position. That was the area that was desperately needing improved because Kasunga just kept giving away goal after goal and still kept on playing.

Finding a defensive formation that actually looked half decent against Celtic then never played it again. 

Formations like 3-3-3-1 on Saturday, I presume that’s what it was meant to be.

Last throw of the dice game and we play a right back in central midfield for the 1st time.

Basic stuff like the play not getting opened up when tight to one touch line and the nugget just stands there with his hands in his pockets.

Anyone who goes to our games could go on and on about the basics of the game that just weren’t happening.

It’s just been ridiculous stuff from McIntyre. I’m pretty much convinced every other manager in our league would’ve kept that squad of players up. 12 points from the last 12 games would’ve got us 10th more than likely. 

Ran out of dots, but will be back to give this one a green.

Thank you.

I decided like 3 days ago for no reason that I'm on the Kevin Nisbet hype train. 30 goals in 34 games ain't nothing to shy away from (I know pretty much nothing about him and other clubs' interests, all I know is that his contract is up soon, so therefore hype train). My dad suggests bringing back Leighton McIntosh, not too sure about that one but whatever. Also think Tidser is worth a shout, was saying so in January.

I would assume you would be one of the favourite to win the league next year. You will
Need better signings than Leighton McIntosh to do that