I like the way he has got together a "quick fix" full of fair quality loan deals to haul us back up the table and then in summer with so many out of contract, he can take his time to build a team for next season (hopefully in the Prem). Of players he has already signed up for next season, it looks like we have something that is gold dust in Nelson, a striker that scores regularly. 

He will have my full backing next season if we stay up.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

If Jim Mac ever reads this he’d be thinking ‘see if a vacancy comes up at St Johnstone, Motherwell, Killie I’m fucking taking it’ - and who could blame him. He played Parrish and he made a James Hunt of it, as for Hamilton’s mystery injury - very convenient. He got rid of Boyle and Innis - both a pair of donkeys. He’s replaced Cammy Kerr. He’s permanently signed 2 strikers miles better than what we had. I think we should lay off him a bit. No Wonder our home form is much worse than our away - Dens is a tough gig.

Voicing an opinion online doesn’t mean you go to Dens and get tore into players. I go to all the home games and probably around 2/3rds of the away games and the support is pretty much the same sitting in the Derry as opposed to being in an away stand around the country. Might be different in the Coxy or in the Main Stand I don’t know because I’m never in those ends.  He’s not getting a hard time, doesn’t mean his decisions can’t be scrutinised by Dundee fans on here tho.  

Yeah things have improved but not to the point where I’d be committing to him. Doubt he’d be a target of any of the club’s you mentioned to be honest. 7 points from the next 5 games and I might change my mind tho!

Edited by Yenitit

im sure i read moussa had signed for partick thistle on the bbc but cant see anything onine now. did i make this?

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

im sure i read moussa had signed for partick thistle on the bbc but cant see anything onine now. did i make this?

Someone did the most obvious of photoshops yet the BBC still managed to post it as an actual story. 

Apparently clubs are queuing up to grab the Tunisian goal machine.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Apparently clubs are queuing up to grab the Tunisian goal machine.

What they going to do with him? Stick him on the end of a metal plough and get him to do the donkey work on their ruined pitches before summer reinstallment?

What they going to do with him? Stick him on the end of a metal plough and get him to do the donkey work on their ruined pitches before summer reinstallment?
to be fair he would make a good club mascot fumbling around the place. certainly always played like he was wearing a large costume

If Jim Mac ever reads this he’d be thinking ‘see if a vacancy comes up at St Johnstone, Motherwell, Killie I’m fucking taking it’ - and who could blame him. He played Parrish and he made a James Hunt of it, as for Hamilton’s mystery injury - very convenient. He got rid of Boyle and Innis - both a pair of donkeys. He’s replaced Cammy Kerr. He’s permanently signed 2 strikers miles better than what we had. I think we should lay off him a bit. No Wonder our home form is much worse than our away - Dens is a tough gig.
Who's giving him a hard time ?

7 hours ago, ah-dee said:

It was STV on transfer day ran it on the 6 o'clock news :lol:

3 hours ago, ah-dee said:

sure id read that. bbc really are shit

7 hours ago, ah-dee said:

That Manpreet guy changed his Twitter to look like the official Partick one and Photoshopped a pick of moussa signing. STV reported it as a real move, then realised they cocked up and got Manpreet banned from Twitter.

You could argue that either Ralph or Nelson could be sold for a packet yet. Both look like they could be top talents.
I think Jim Mac has performed a minor miracle so far and if we go down via the playoffs I genuinely would still want to give him another go next season.
Words you never thought you’d say but I’m warming to, and agreeing with DFC92 more and more as the days go by. I particularly agree re the style of play. This high intensity stuff is what I want to see. Who ever decided that passing it out from the back is proper, classy football I don’t know, but watching that sort of stuff makes my eyes bleed.

This. McIntyre is doing an excellent job. We’d be stranded if McCann was still in charge. We’ve got a chance now but if we do go down I’d stick with McIntyre too.

This. McIntyre is doing an excellent job. We’d be stranded if McCann was still in charge. We’ve got a chance now but if we do go down I’d stick with McIntyre too.
If we went down why would we stick with McIntyre? The board have gave him plenty backing to bring in his players. So Jim has brought in his three mates plus other boys to keep us up. If we get relegated then surely he dosnt deserve to manage us ? If we finish 10th then he has did well. But if we got relegated that's crazy talk to keep the same person in charge.

However we are 10th and we are away to play another bottom half table team so should be straight forward home win this Friday which will get us a little away from the bottom two teams

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

and got Manpreet banned from Twitter.

Superb. His 'banter' is absolutely howlin'.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That Manpreet guy changed his Twitter to look like the official Partick one and Photoshopped a pick of moussa signing. STV reported it as a real move, then realised they cocked up and got Manpreet banned from Twitter.

It wasn't even a good photoshop :lol:

65efa63b-f0af-4f34-b3a1-f01801427a65.png.e2b2469b964ab2c354979511bf99b548.png

If we went down why would we stick with McIntyre? The board have gave him plenty backing to bring in his players. So Jim has brought in his three mates plus other boys to keep us up. If we get relegated then surely he dosnt deserve to manage us ? If we finish 10th then he has did well. But if we got relegated that's crazy talk to keep the same person in charge.

However we are 10th and we are away to play another bottom half table team so should be straight forward home win this Friday which will get us a little away from the bottom two teams

On the 22nd of September we got humped 0-3 at Dens by Hibs, it was going on 6 or 7. We were not anywhere near them, never laid a glove on them. We had 2 shots in the entire game and Hibs 17.

We had played 6 matches and had not picked up a single point.

I couldn’t see where our next point was coming from and we were already 4 points behind St Mirren and 6 behind Hamilton.

This Friday’s match cannot be construed by anyone as a straightforward home win. The fact we feel we have a chance is a mark of our improvement.

I felt the first match we showed any improvement in was Motherwell away on November 3rd, ‘matchday 12’. We got beaten 2-1 after a cracking goal from Turnbull but MacIntyre was beginning to have an effect. We had averaged 0.25 points per match at that point after 12 games meaning we had our solitary win over Hamilton to our name.

In the next 9 games we picked up 6 points so at roughly 2 and a 1/2 the rate of the first 12. In the last 5 games we have picked up 8 points - another doubling of our points gathering tally to 1.6 points a game. We are now picking up points at nearly 7 times the rate we were under McCann. If we had amassed points at that rate all season we would be comfortable in 6th place.

To me this is a massive improvement.

On the 22nd of September we got humped 0-3 at Dens by Hibs, it was going on 6 or 7. We were not anywhere near them, never laid a glove on them. We had 2 shots in the entire game and Hibs 17.

We had played 6 matches and had not picked up a single point.

I couldn’t see where our next point was coming from and we were already 4 points behind St Mirren and 6 behind Hamilton.

This Friday’s match cannot be construed by anyone as a straightforward home win. The fact we feel we have a chance is a mark of our improvement.
We should be winning our home games. It's that straight forward. We have improved yes but we have also cost ourselves points elsewhere by making a c**t of it. If we get a point it's not end of the world but if we lose at home to team in the bottom 6, it's clearly not good enough.
This was the same manager not to long ago playing odea in centre midfield .
The boys have did well but I still expect a result at home on Friday night.
Finishing 10th is a must i reckon for the board, especially after the amount of players have been allowed to leave and come in.
I like how our board backs the manager who is in charge. But I do worry that we have nobody coming through the ranks.
Plenty teams are playing youngsters. Hastie seems to have came from through the ranks and now is wanted by teams.
St.johnstone with a few starters, same for Aberdeen. We had wighton?

Yeah let's concentrate on the present but the future I dont see anyone in our squad or heard of anyone who will break through or be given a chance.

We’ve made big investments and changes to our youth structure in the last couple of seasons and have Kerr Waddell doing well out on loan. Henvey and Scott have a chance.
You need a stable first team in a safe-ish league position before you start throwing in youth to have any expectations of success imo.

However is at fault for our youngsters lack of development, it is not MacIntyre.

It’s essential for clubs like ours to develop youngsters but comfortably staying in the league is the first priority.

Why don't we give any youths a run in the team ?
Reserves we seem to be getting battered in this season .
I take it whole point of restructure is so that the end goal is to bring players through the ranks to then eventually sell on.
We seem to put a few boys out on loan and then that seems to be it.
I'd like to think we have someone who may even be close.
Henvey was unlucky with injury. Waddell do we believe he will solve our problem next year at centre half ?
Scott is he getting a game at forfar? ( genuinely no idea)