All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Every year you get a load of dafties raging that youths who have been shit whenever they’ve played (or gone out on loan and struggled to get game time in lower divisions) have been released.

For some reason the majority of Dees seem to think if they’re young enough, they’re good enough.

The issue for me is that our youth system has produced 6 players in the past 15 years that have gone on to have decent careers or have the potential to have decent careers being Paul Dixon, Scott Robertson, Kevin McDonald, Craig Forsyth, Craig Wighton and Cammy Kerr. That is a shocking return for a club our size

Remove the last two and that's closer to the truth.

The most important thing at the moment is staying up.

We need to overcome a 2 point deficit over 5 games on a woeful St Mirren team.

McIntyre can then be shown the door (Dundee United are truly awful, we would beat them. Inverness or Ayr would cause a greater problem IMO).

It's vital for the club to stay up and there's no reason we can't after this pathetic season. We need to pick up at least a point tomorrow. I'll be there.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The most important thing at the moment is staying up.

We need to overcome a 2 point deficit over 5 games on a woeful St Mirren team.

McIntyre can then be shown the door (Dundee United are truly awful, we would beat them. Inverness or Ayr would cause a greater problem IMO).

It's vital for the club to stay up and there's no reason we can't after this pathetic season. We need to pick up at least a point tomorrow. I'll be there.

Thank you.

Its three points actually, and a worse goal difference.

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

I always thought Wilkie was signed from some junior team for a set of trackies and some balls.

Who was that I'm thinking of then? 

Garry Patterson. I'm sure Stainrod paid a grand and a set of trackies for him. 

It's mad to think that if Nelms pushed the boat out that wee bit more for McCann (I'm not for one second saying he should have, because I wouldn't if I were Nelms), we could have had a strikeforce of Lawrence Shankland (Now destined to go to a bigger club than us) and Macauley Bonne (Top scorer in the National League, outscoring Adam Rooney and also looking to join a potential English Championship side).

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's mad to think that if Nelms pushed the boat out that wee bit more for McCann (I'm not for one second saying he should have, because I wouldn't if I were Nelms), we could have had a strikeforce of Lawrence Shankland (Now destined to go to a bigger club than us) and Macauley Bonne (Top scorer in the National League, outscoring Adam Rooney and also looking to join a potential English Championship side).

I know it's not the point you're making but I've got no sympathy to McCann or Hartley over budgets they've been given. They were both very well funded by all accounts and I've never really thought there's been an issue in that regard. It might have been that there was a bit of string tightening last summer but when you see the amount of freedom McCann got to basically sign an additional squad from Hartley's, we were burning through cash and still making decent calibre signings.

For me, I think this is a year where one or two signings wouldn't have made a massive difference. It's unreal how tight it is but I genuinely think that if we started the season with the squad we had in the summer at Championship level, we'd be lower mid table until January at the latest. The team under Smith that was out of their depth generally handled second tier and lower sides and hammered 2nd top Morton in the cup when the time come, it's insane that we're even still in with a chance.