All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

A 2 second check of his profile suggests he hasn't been.

He liked a post I made on this thread an hour before he posted.

10 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Well done lads. 

I take it he doesn't do background checks if he's "genuinely shocked" Dodds is despised.

38 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Well done lads. 

Which brings us back to McIntyre.  If Nelms was even considering appointing Dodds the suggestion for Dodds must presumably have come from McIntyre.  Total lack of respect from McIntyre to even suggest Dodds!  

Also it's a nonsense soundbite thing to say. Officials don't cost a manager their job. They never have done and never will. A manager being shite for a sustained period of time costs a manager their job. I hate when managers blame the referee or other matchday officials.
It's such a cowardly and easy way to totally abdicate responsibility. The officials don't sign shite players. They don't set up a team poorly. They don't fail to motivate a team properly. They don't fail to prepare a team correctly. They don't miss easy chances, they don't make defensive errors and they don't play poorly in numerous games.
Losing 6 out of the previous 7 cost him his job.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Also it's a nonsense soundbite thing to say. Officials don't cost a manager their job. They never have done and never will. A manager being shite for a sustained period of time costs a manager their job. I hate when managers blame the referee or other matchday officials.
It's such a cowardly and easy way to totally abdicate responsibility. The officials don't sign shite players. They don't set up a team poorly. They don't fail to motivate a team properly. They don't fail to prepare a team correctly. They don't miss easy chances, they don't make defensive errors and they don't play poorly in numerous games.

Losing 6 out of the previous 7 cost him his job.

Exactly

The more I think about it, the more I see McIntyre as a (potential) three phase f**k up.

1. It’s an underwhelming appointment for any top flight club.

2. He’s a Dab.

3. He’s likely to bring in Billy Dodds as his assistant.

Of all the potential managers we could have hired, Nelms has selected the one person that the fans will give the least amount of support to and may even see a drop in attendances off the back of this appointment should Dodds be involved as well.

He will get less time than any other possible appointment - he needs to hit the ground running or the fans will be on his back like a flash.

It has already been explained that he tripped or slipped over the ball and did not dive or cheat.
The Referee awarded a penalty and as we all know it is pointless to argue with the Referee after his decision has been made.
Not sure how you can claim to know what the player was thinking, your on thoughts look a little confused when you don't, not, won't not never write them down.
So that 2 game ban for simulation is in my imagination . . .

Which brings us back to McIntyre.  If Nelms was even considering appointing Dodds the suggestion for Dodds must presumably have come from McIntyre.  Total lack of respect from McIntyre to even suggest Dodds!  

I understand the ill feeling towards Dodds, even if I think it’s completely ridiculous. But the sense of entitlement some fans have is crazy. The manager of your team shouldn’t have to consider the fans’ sensitivity when selecting his backroom staff.

The chairman has a different job, but the manager needs to be able to select whomever he wants.

To be quite frank, I’d be pretty alarmed if Jim McIntyre didn’t have Billy Dodds with him. Dodds did a lot of great work with County’s strikers, while Jimmy Mac did his best to circumvent it.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I understand the ill feeling towards Dodds, even if I think it’s completely ridiculous. But the sense of entitlement some fans have is crazy. The manager of your team shouldn’t have to consider the fans’ sensitivity when selecting his backroom staff.

The chairman has a different job, but the manager needs to be able to select whomever he wants.

To be quite frank, I’d be pretty alarmed if Jim McIntyre didn’t have Billy Dodds with him. Dodds did a lot of great work with County’s strikers, while Jimmy Mac did his best to circumvent it.

Starting off your managerial career at a club by not considering the fans and immediately pissing them off by appointing the last man on the earth they would want at the club would be utter lunacy. Any manager needs the fans on their side from day one. He's going to have a hard enough job winning over a fair number of the support anyway without appointing Dodds.  Surely anyone can see that?

Guest gregteamdee

Can't see Dodds arriving now, fans power has worked. This is a big job for McIntyre and one where I want him to do well and I think he will. He fits the bill for us perfectly tbh. He has the experience 10+ years, knows Scottish football and has worked at similar type of clubs and doesn't cost a fortune. He isn't daft and a new assistant with new ideas will make him a better manager too.