Jump to content

All things Dundee FC


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

Is this Miller deal actually confirmed by the club? Or is the Sun just running a planted story in an effort to force St Mirren to come back in with a better offer?
Miller doesn’t seem like a typical McCann signing.
I’m sceptical.

If true, I’m horrified. An awful, awful waste of money.

The Sun are usually spot on with everything Scottish football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

Is this Miller deal actually confirmed by the club? Or is the Sun just running a planted story in an effort to force St Mirren to come back in with a better offer?
Miller doesn’t seem like a typical McCann signing.
I’m sceptical.

If true, I’m horrified. An awful, awful waste of money.

Rod, have you seen our strikeforce?? If Mendy ever gets up to speed it'll take him a full season, and thats a big IF? I never want to see Moussa on our bench again let alone the pitch he's that much of a joke. Wighton seems to be nothing more than a ghost at this particular time. Henvey and Scott seem to have something about them, but NM obviously feels they need another season of reserve or potentially loan time (re: still in talks to send Scott to Brechin).

Kallman has something about him though and I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised with him (and Miller could help in his development), and one more thing - if the ball comes to Miller with a couple of minutes left in the St Johnstone game in the middle of the box instead of Moussa at the weekend we leave there with a draw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

would be delighted with signing miller as i genuinely think hes the goalscorer we need. keep reading that he only scored 4 last season. that was down to q few niggly injuries. im aware they present their own problems.

 

also worth pointing out that, if,and miller falls out with McCann his career is all but over. he cant register with any other club ad he will have already represented 2. that might

help him keep his shit together.

 

im really hoping its a 1 year deal with another years option.

 

i still think he are lacking out wide left so i would be tempted to get Swanson in. we still need to fing that creator

 

 

 

rta - meant to mention id be gitted to see CW leave as i think he could still become a very decent player. just look at boyle! that was a cockup from Hartley.

 

if that bid really id circa £250k take it and get Swanson and shakland in

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kenny  Miller next Dundee manager NAP.

If you're effectively trading Wighton for Miller you're out of your mind. 

not really swapping in my eyes. the budget has been there to bring another body in for weeks now. Milker became available just the other day so pure coincidence

 

as for the suns artivle. it has qppeared from nowhere and at a time when you craigs playing about the worst he ever has. therefore i am sure it is just another article that resembles a paper someones taken a shit in

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst the 2 years seems a strange one, perhaps it was what was needed to get the deal over the line.  And maybe it made sense wages-wise i.e. 1 year at 1.5k a week or 2 years at 1k a week?  What worries me more is if he's going to be the answer,  because if not we're unlikely to be able to bring anyone else in.

Like all signings, if he does well it's a great signing, if not...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some slight hypocrisy from some fans regarding these two transfers. I’ve seen some, again not on here, slam this as “shocking short term thinking”.

It’s exactly the same as fans demanding McCann is sacked after 3 league games because we’re doomed and need someone in to sort things quickly. This type of attitude demands short term thinking from the club.

Wighton is a tough one for me. He’s clearly got talent in bundles and is very highly regarded but hasn’t shown a lot so far this season. Apart from Stirling away in the second half he’s not really performed in any games he’s played. He’s down the pecking order now, rightly or wrongly, but if we’re talking 250k then I think the club would be wrong to turn it down with him out of contract next year. As we’ve seen with Lewis Ferguson any development fee would be negligible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Some slight hypocrisy from some fans regarding these two transfers. I’ve seen some, again not on here, slam this as “shocking short term thinking”.

It’s exactly the same as fans demanding McCann is sacked after 3 league games because we’re doomed and need someone in to sort things quickly. This type of attitude demands short term thinking from the club.

Wighton is a tough one for me. He’s clearly got talent in bundles and is very highly regarded but hasn’t shown a lot so far this season. Apart from Stirling away in the second half he’s not really performed in any games he’s played. He’s down the pecking order now, rightly or wrongly, but if we’re talking 250k then I think the club would be wrong to turn it down with him out of contract next year. As we’ve seen with Lewis Ferguson any development fee would be negligible.
 

I never rated wighton.

He scored that goal in the doon derby and that was it. Even if you watch that goal it was bad.

He was fast, got injured, and then bulked up incessantly and his pace suffered for it.

I think it's great we off loaded him personally.

Miller 2 years ago would have been fine with me but as many other people have said he is getting far too long in the tooth. 2 years from now he will be getting his knee replacement.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ah-dee said:

would be delighted with signing miller as i genuinely think hes the goalscorer we need. keep reading that he only scored 4 last season. that was down to q few niggly injuries. im aware they present their own problems. 

Kenny Miller scored 3 goals in 1193 minutes in the league last season, a goal every 400 minutes. 

Moussa scored 5 goals in 1693 minutes, a goal every 330 minutes. 

Leith-Smith got 6 goals in 1430 minutes, a goal every 240 minutes. 

He's following the exact lines strikers do as they get older. His output is regressing and he's playing further off the front. He contributed no assists last season, while having a worse goal record than two strikers most of your fans despise, despite him playing in a far more dominant side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kenny Miller scored 3 goals in 1193 minutes in the league last season, a goal every 400 minutes. 

Moussa scored 5 goals in 1693 minutes, a goal every 330 minutes. 

Leith-Smith got 6 goals in 1430 minutes, a goal every 240 minutes. 

He's following the exact lines strikers do as they get older. His output is regressing and he's playing further off the front. He contributed no assists last season, while having a worse goal record than two strikers most of your fans despise, despite him playing in a far more dominant side. 

Playing for a team who created far more chances than Dundee will this season too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...