All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So I take if after seeing Kallman first game everyone has decided he won't move us forward?

I agree about Miller he can stay away. I'm sure McCann has targets he has been looking at for a while...

Don't think anyone has seen enough of Kallman to judge yet - his cameo against Ayr isn't probably the best game to judge him on anyway since the rest of the team were utterly pish.

I'm hoping we'll get a better idea of what he can do against the Fermers

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He got 3 in 18 last season. Probably a worse GPG than Haber, Leith-Smith and Murray, while playing at a bigger club. 

When you're the voice of reason we've got a problem :lol:.

Some fans are claiming Kallman isn't the answer based on that 45mins which is madness. 

Celtic fans website saying Calvin Miller coming in on loan for the season but fan forums suggest he's "never a left back". 

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

When you're the voice of reason we've got a problem :lol:.

Some fans are claiming Kallman isn't the answer based on that 45mins which is madness. 

Celtic fans website saying Calvin Miller coming in on loan for the season but fan forums suggest he's "never a left back". 

It's Miller time today then, Calvin and his dad are signing haha 

We've been linked with him for a while. 

Left winger who Rodgers converted to a LWB, Celtic fans reckon he's miles from being good enough but that's not really proof of anything. We had Darnell Fisher come with similar reviews and after a rough first few months (genuinely some of the worst performances I've ever seen) he settled in and won a move to Preston. 

Be prepared for him to be caught out position a lot. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've been linked with him for a while. 

Left winger who Rodgers converted to a LWB, Celtic fans reckon he's miles from being good enough but that's not really proof of anything. We had Darnell Fisher come with similar reviews and after a rough first few months (genuinely some of the worst performances I've ever seen) he settled in and won a move to Preston. 

Be prepared for him to be caught out of position a lot. 

In days of yore playing full back was the easiest position on the park (unless you were up against a winger out of your class). Basically you kicked the guy in front of you then moved the ball on to someone who could play. Now it's one of the tougher gigs, physically and mentally. Most clubs expect them to cover a huge amount of ground and their positioning relative to the central defenders and midfielders is always tricky.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

10 minutes ago, DEEJANGO said:

Think he’s still with Derby.......quality left back indeed would love him back.

Just saw that he started on the bench for them last week, came on at half time and set up their goal.

He'd be added to the queue for deepthroats if he resigned.

In days of yore playing full back was the easiest position on the park (unless you were up against a winger out of your class). Basically you kicked the guy in front of you then moved the ball on to someone who could play. Now it's one of the tougher gigs, physically and mentally. Most clubs expect them to cover a huge amount of ground and their positioning relative to the central defenders and midfielders is always tricky.

Totally agree. Full back is a much tougher gig these days.