All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I hope we give Ayr whatever they want for Shankland if only to witness the explosion of skulls in the Ayr thread if the last couple of hours are anything to go by. 

It would be funny if we signed him just to f them with their own player.

Note - I'm aware he is ineligible just would be great to see McCall squirm.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

It would be funny if we signed him just to f them with their own player.

Note - I'm aware he is ineligible just would be great to see McCall squirm.

It's alright, you get off with a slap on the wrist for fielding ineligible players in the League Cup these days. 

Rangers and Celtic have always treated other scottish clubs with contempt when trying to buy our players.

They always offer below the value because they think that we are all that skint and desperate we will fucking accept there monopoly money offerings and be thankful for it.

I for one am glad teams like hibs have told them to fucking do one.
And the first bid they put it is a token gesture just so the club reject it and it unsettles the player in question. Celtic done it with Hendry and many others as have the tribute act 
I hope we give Ayr whatever they want for Shankland if only to witness the explosion of skulls in the Ayr thread if the last couple of hours are anything to go by. 

Bit of irony here.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Bit of irony here.

Not even remotely ironic. 

The previous posts are about Celtic/Rangers coming in with low offers where as I said to give Ayr whatever they want for Shankland. 

Big difference. 

Not even remotely ironic. 
The previous posts are about Celtic/Rangers coming in with low offers where as I said to give Ayr whatever they want for Shankland. 
Big difference. 
I wasn't talking about your suggestion specifically.

Teams like Dundee often complain about the old firm poaching players without realising that they often do the same to lower league teams.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I wasn't talking about your suggestion specifically.

Teams like Dundee often complain about the old firm poaching players without realising that they often do the same to lower league teams.

Examples welcome.

Examples welcome.

Are you suggesting that you haven’t signed a fair number of players from lower league clubs in the past few seasons?

Faissal El Bahktaoui
Greg Stewart
Paul McGinn
Scott Bain
David Mitchell
Rory Loy
Kevin Holt
Daryl Meggatt

Or have I misunderstood??

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Are you suggesting that you haven’t signed a fair number of players from lower league clubs in the past few seasons?

Faissal El Bahktaoui
Greg Stewart
Paul McGinn
Scott Bain
David Mitchell
Rory Loy
Kevin Holt
Daryl Meggatt

No I misunderstood you. Read the post again. We were talking about the ugly sisters low balling teams. I thought you were suggesting we did too.

Yes we signed those players but never heard of any skullduggery over it.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Faissal El Bahktaoui
Greg Stewart
Paul McGinn
Scott Bain
David Mitchell
Rory Loy
Kevin Holt
Daryl Meggatt

We only paid a transfer fee for one of those players so you have misunderstood 

No I misunderstood you. Read the post again. We were talking about the ugly sisters low balling teams. I thought you were suggesting we did too.

I didn’t say anything about Celtic or Rangers. The other Ayr poster did. I simply questioned what was said about Dundee taking players from lower league clubs.
We only paid a transfer fee for one of those players so you have misunderstood 

I didn’t say you did pay for them all but you still signed them which was my point.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I didn’t say anything about Celtic or Rangers. The other Ayr poster did. I simply questioned what was said about Dundee taking players from lower league clubs.

I didn’t say you did pay for them all but you still signed them which was my point.

Read (red) and Read (reed) sound the same. I said I "red" your post again.

Sounds confrontational if you read "reed"

£100,000 for shankland is low-balling.

Dundee united shafted Ayr a while back with Craig Conway.

Big teams will always use their influence to get the best deal they can.

Anyway it’s ok when we do it - just not you cnuts. Ok?
This guy gets it.

would anyone be opposed to bringing calvin miller in from celtic on loan? personally ive only seen him once and that was on tele but looked very good that day. maybe that was a flash in the pan but seems a decent shout at LB, thats cheap and can provide competition.

14 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

would anyone be opposed to bringing calvin miller in from celtic on loan? personally ive only seen him once and that was on tele but looked very good that day. maybe that was a flash in the pan but seems a decent shout at LB, thats cheap and can provide competition.

Remember that Michael (I don't because his name escapes me) we had two or three seasons ago on loan?

He was pap.

I've never seen or heard of him but that could be a good thing. Honestly if he filled the LB birth semi competently he would be a great addition.

Just see that being our weak spot this season and with this playing out from the back, will be targeted by everyone.

Remember that Michael (I don't because his name escapes me) we had two or three seasons ago on loan? He was pap.

I've never seen or heard of him but that could be a good thing. Honestly if he filled the LB birth semi competently he would be a great addition.

Just see that being our weak spot this season and with this playing out from the back, will be targeted by everyone.

as said i seen him play against killie, sure it was killie, last year and was impressed. surely being a young lad and with celtic signing izaguirre he would be allowed out on loan. as i said cheap back up as at worse he would set us back a few hundred a week and if hes pish punt him back at Christmas  

eta cant remember a michael though mate

edit number 2! dug about and think you are on about this boy. no wonder i couildnt remember him!

as said i seen him play against killie, sure it was killie, last year and was impressed. surely being a young lad and with celtic signing izaguirre he would be allowed out on loan. as i said cheap back up as at worse he would set us back a few hundred a week and if hes pish punt him back at Christmas  
eta cant remember a michael though mate

I really hope Calvin Miller gets away from Celtic and goes to a club that wants to play him in his natural position, not just chuck him in to do a job at LB.

Also I think the Michael in question is Michael Duffy.