All things Dundee FC

17 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

no it's a business, why else would an American businessman be willing to build a new stadium for us?

Exactly. We will be tenants at Kilmac Stadium. It's not for Dundee FC and I admire the fact they haven't tried to hide that.

It's in everyone's benefit. And why shouldn't it benefit them? They deserve it.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Meeniedee said:
The problem is if caulker and kamara are still Dundee players at 501pm tonight there will only be 2 clubs who I can see being interested in them and we all know they will state an interest and let the media drag it out for 2 weeks unsettling the players then bang 5 mins before our transfer window closes make their move and low ball us in the process....c***s 

Trabzonspor would still be able to sign him.

Correct,what I meant was Celtic,rangers would probably be the only 2 clubs that he'd be interested in joining....considering he already knocked back a big offer to move abroad

52 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Exactly. We will be tenants at Kilmac Stadium. It's not for Dundee FC and I admire the fact they haven't tried to hide that.

It's in everyone's benefit. And why shouldn't it benefit them? They deserve it.

I’ve nothing particularly against Nelms etc but why do they ‘deserve it’? If it’s just a business then it’s got f*** all to do with them deserving anything - any profit would simply be a return on their investment.

Maybe best to wait until we’re signing the lease on a fully built stadium before we get too much of a hard-on for them though. 

19 minutes ago, Carlos the Jackal said:

I’ve nothing particularly against Nelms etc but why do they ‘deserve it’? If it’s just a business then it’s got f*** all to do with them deserving anything - any profit would simply be a return on their investment.

Maybe best to wait until we’re signing the lease on a fully built stadium before we get too much of a hard-on for them though. 

It's a business yes but no part of that business meant inviting players and staff to his home or showing up to court to sit with McGowan or anything.

It would be daft to say they needed to do any of that but they did. So in my opinion yes they deserve it but I'm not naive to know it isn't about cash.

There is far FAR worse and much less deserving is what I'm saying.

8 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Absolutely no excuses now for a lack of signings. Two strikers and another Lb if McCann doesn't trust Ralph.

Ideally someone in tomorrow. If not, certainly before the Ayr game. 

Ideally we would have another one even if he did rate Ralph because with his absence we are still exposed there.

Disappointed by lack of movement but we still have Kamara.

Small sigh of relief and a silver lining I guess.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Absolutely no excuses now for a lack of signings. Two strikers and another Lb if McCann doesn't trust Ralph.

Ideally someone in tomorrow. If not, certainly before the Ayr game. 

Have to agree that we need to sign sooner rather than later - don't want to be panic buying at the last minure and end up with shite.

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Have to agree that we need to sign sooner rather than later - don't want to be panic buying at the last minure and end up with shite.

I'm hoping we'll see some movement now the window is closed down south.

Hopefully should mean managers will know their team and be able to loan out/sell off guys that won't feature...

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

I'm hoping we'll see some movement now the window is closed down south.

Hopefully should mean managers will know their team and be able to loan out/sell off guys that won't feature...

Like gorgeous Greg? Doesn't even have a squad number at Birmingham 

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Fantasy that Rangers would offer £1.5 million.

This would more likely be the Rangers offer:

rowan-large-natural-mother-of-pearl-buttons-350-22329-p.jpg.4b4c10161df473a89180cb9194c1e8a8.jpg

Rangers have just sold Windass for £2.5m...

17 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Like gorgeous Greg? Doesn't even have a squad number at Birmingham 

Haha, I'd love to see him back but I think the Bain/McCann stuff will see him go elsewhere tbh...

Just thinking of a potential team with Stewart, Ngwatala, Madianga and Kamara has got me drooling tho :wub:

There should be a fair few other guys looking for clubs even if Greg doesn't come home - think Ludo mentioned us trying to get that Demetri Mitchell in, so I'm hoping that means we're after two or three quality players

4 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

They still offer about £100k up front. f**k them.

At best you'd get the 100k in a suspicious briefcase, that you'd have to check wasn't 90k worth of newspaper

or

more likely it'd be a check so rubbery it'd bounce back to South Africa.

Rangers and Celtic have always treated other scottish clubs with contempt when trying to buy our players.

They always offer below the value because they think that we are all that skint and desperate we will fucking accept there monopoly money offerings and be thankful for it.

I for one am glad teams like hibs have told them to fucking do one.

14 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Rangers and Celtic have always treated other scottish clubs with contempt when trying to buy our players.

They always offer below the value because they think that we are all that skint and desperate we will fucking accept there monopoly money offerings and be thankful for it.

I for one am glad teams like hibs have told them to fucking do one.

They do that because the players see them as their ticket to the English league's.

Players are desperate to go and if they don't get signed become disillusioned and petty.

It's a double edged sword of bullshit.