All things Dundee FC

We are apparently trying to hijack Heart's attempt at signing Demetri Mitchell on loan. Can't see in what world we'd be successful but it is what it is. 

I was impressed by what I saw of him last year - the only way I see us being successful is if they aren’t able to guarantee playing time. Even then I’d assume they would probably still have more chance of getting him.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Is McCann now panicking and just trying to get anyone in ? Would be a big loss if we lost caulker but with the money being offered ( if true) then surely we are not in a position to say no.

Seems next few days may be busy.

What gives you that idea?

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I presume Mitchell he hasn't thought about until he seen hearts had offered ?
Surely if we wanted him McCann would of went from him a lot earlier than what he has done now.
And I also presume if we do go for another left back it's because he knows the one he has signed may not be up to standard.

That's reading far far far too much into being linked with a player. Teams will inquire about the availability of hundreds and hundreds of players over the course of a summer.

It's also assuming a ridiculously low level of knowledge about opposition league players. Every manager in the league will have quite a good idea of what the guy is like and I'd imagine pretty much the whole league apart from 2 or 3 teams would be delighted to take him if the general manager/DoF/chairman etc indicated it was possible.

For all we know as well, this approach was made three or four months ago and we've moved well on from then.

Could be , might be. He did say he knew what players he was looking at and who he would like to bring in. However a couple days before end of transfer window is no surprise we are looking to strengthen our team as we really need to do so.
Shall be an interesting few days for the season ahead.
Plenty time for fans to still buy season tickets.
A good backing in paisley should hopefully be followed up by a good backing on Saturday.
Looking forward to it.

Our transfer window is still open until the end of the month and English clubs can still sell/loan out players after their window closes tomorrow.

A dab friend of mine posts on another forum where a supporter of Aalborg BK said they are about to loan their striker Safranko to United. He also offered his sympathies as the boy is shite. I really hope this lad hasn’t got his Dundee teams mixed up.

A dab friend of mine posts on another forum where a supporter of Aalborg BK said they are about to loan their striker Safranko to United. He also offered his sympathies as the boy is shite. I really hope this lad hasn’t got his Dundee teams mixed up.
It's the DABs - was on their thread earlier in the week.

3 minutes ago, PELE JNR said:

Celtic missing out on McGinn might not be good news for us. Will they turn there attention to Kamara now?

They need an attacking midfielder that will drive at defences. Kamara could be a long term replacement for Scott Brown if they developed him right, but don't think now is the time tbh, they're well stocked with the style of player Kamara is. He's certainly got re-sale potential for them though.

If Hibs hadn't signed that Hyndmann,I'd have been more worried about them spending some of the cash they got for McGinn.

Kamara will either go tomorrow or not at all is my guess. (I hope).

does he work for sky sports? 🤤

They need an attacking midfielder that will drive at defences. Kamara could be a long term replacement for Scott Brown if they developed him right, but don't think now is the time tbh, they're well stocked with the style of player Kamara is. He's certainly got re-sale potential for them though.
If Hibs hadn't signed that Hyndmann,I'd have been more worried about them spending some of the cash they got for McGinn.
Kamara will either go tomorrow or not at all is my guess. (I hope).
i wouldnt be so sure mate. i dont think Hibs have replaced Mcgeouch yet. i can imagine them looking for a "Kamara" type plyer to hold the midfield plus scott allan, or similar, for the attacking spark.

still really ill and missed sthe game at thw weekend but from whay ive seen and heard here my view so far!

sincerely hope im well wide of the mark here but i can see us kamara and caulker-less by the end of august. anyone who wathed celtic tonight can see they are ceying out for more experience at the back. oh also add in Boyata being offskie tomorrow*. i think a bid of approximately £1.75million (+add ons) is acceptable for caulker or hold out and lose for nothing. id rather have him in the squad all season and stay up. no need to panick buy a CB if tge does go as we have Waddell and Jefferies to fill in.

at least if it comes to negotiations with Hibs for kamara we know approximately what we can push them for. really doesnt look like he will sign a new contract. in my opinion that would be a done deal by now if he intended on signing one. with 1 year left on his contract i think we could fetch £1m but only if a few clubs are interested. if rodgers sees GK as a long-term replacement for him and no one else comes in with a bid we will be offered circa £300k to start us off. tht can f**k off.

i would love to see NM go with a 352 this season, oh and i mean nearly every week! no tombla please. that leaves 3 in the middle of the park. im going to assume kamara is off so current account 3 would be McGowan, nagwatala and madianga. personally i think they are as good enough a middle 3 as we could get without recalling GGH! problem here is depth. unless ive forgotten someone we only have deacon and spence. potentially Waddell.

at RB i have no worries at all and love that curranis performing well as it will be a great battle between him and kerr for a starting spot. i think thats exactly what cammys been lackimg since we let paul Mcginn go - competition.

LB is a clusterfuck. cammy is not the answer. chucking him in there week in, week out could (well i think) destroy rhe boys career. i reckon wighton could comfortably play at lb with a bit of coaching. maybe deacon? for what its worth i hope ralph comes good. ive only seen him twice so feel guilty judging him so seen but he just doesnt seem to have it. prove me wrong nathan! prove me wrong.

moussa can trap a ball dead and has a 6 pack but what else does he really offer? so far Mendy has reminded me of pat Clark
runs about but does little when it matters. too early to judge too much but i hated his headed chance against dunfermiline when he thought he'd get clattered. thats your job get on with it! not seen nabi yet. hopefully henvey gets a chance but id like him out on loan in the championship.

i know finding a top level striker is difficult but why has it taken so long!? 3 years! why not push the boat out on wages for srephen dobbie to change his mind about the extra travel. i reckon he will be on £800ish a week so we could easily afford £1200 or so, guarentee goals for a season and buy ourselves another year to solve the problem. less of a gamble than shankland although not the longevity. apaet from those 2 names i havent heard of any strikers realistically linked.

so need a srriker, LB and possibly replacements for both caulker and Kamara.

oh and the seasons started!

hoping to be at the game this saturday, scan results dependant though.

MTD

5 hours ago, ah-dee said:

i know finding a top level striker is difficult but why has it taken so long!? 3 years! why not push the boat out on wages for srephen dobbie to change his mind about the extra travel. i reckon he will be on £800ish a week so we could easily afford £1200 or so, guarentee goals for a season and buy ourselves another year to solve the problem. less of a gamble than shankland although not the longevity. apaet from those 2 names i havent heard of any strikers realistically linked.

Dobbie is by all accounts on about 2k a week at QOTS, with no interest in going elsewhere. It wouldn't shock me if a club like Hibs or Aberdeen managed to get him, but there's no danger he'd even turn his head at us. He's obviously made his money and is happy enough there.

i wouldnt be so sure mate. i dont think Hibs have replaced Mcgeouch yet. i can imagine them looking for a "Kamara" type plyer to hold the midfield plus scott allan, or similar, for the attacking spark.

still really ill and missed sthe game at thw weekend but from whay ive seen and heard here my view so far!

sincerely hope im well wide of the mark here but i can see us kamara and caulker-less by the end of august. anyone who wathed celtic tonight can see they are ceying out for more experience at the back. oh also add in Boyata being offskie tomorrow*. i think a bid of approximately £1.75million (+add ons) is acceptable for caulker or hold out and lose for nothing. id rather have him in the squad all season and stay up. no need to panick buy a CB if tge does go as we have Waddell and Jefferies to fill in.

at least if it comes to negotiations with Hibs for kamara we know approximately what we can push them for. really doesnt look like he will sign a new contract. in my opinion that would be a done deal by now if he intended on signing one. with 1 year left on his contract i think we could fetch £1m but only if a few clubs are interested. if rodgers sees GK as a long-term replacement for him and no one else comes in with a bid we will be offered circa £300k to start us off. tht can f**k off.

i would love to see NM go with a 352 this season, oh and i mean nearly every week! no tombla please. that leaves 3 in the middle of the park. im going to assume kamara is off so current account 3 would be McGowan, nagwatala and madianga. personally i think they are as good enough a middle 3 as we could get without recalling GGH! problem here is depth. unless ive forgotten someone we only have deacon and spence. potentially Waddell.

at RB i have no worries at all and love that curranis performing well as it will be a great battle between him and kerr for a starting spot. i think thats exactly what cammys been lackimg since we let paul Mcginn go - competition.

LB is a clusterfuck. cammy is not the answer. chucking him in there week in, week out could (well i think) destroy rhe boys career. i reckon wighton could comfortably play at lb with a bit of coaching. maybe deacon? for what its worth i hope ralph comes good. ive only seen him twice so feel guilty judging him so seen but he just doesnt seem to have it. prove me wrong nathan! prove me wrong.

moussa can trap a ball dead and has a 6 pack but what else does he really offer? so far Mendy has reminded me of pat Clark
runs about but does little when it matters. too early to judge too much but i hated his headed chance against dunfermiline when he thought he'd get clattered. thats your job get on with it! not seen nabi yet. hopefully henvey gets a chance but id like him out on loan in the championship.

so need a srriker, LB and possibly replacements for both caulker and Kamara.

oh and the seasons started!

hoping to be at the game this saturday, scan results dependant though.

MTD

Craig Wighton will never play left back. That’s fucking mental.