All things Dundee FC

Just now, DigOutYourSoul said:

I agree with this.

He came in for nothing and was never going to be a long term signing. Therefore, I think it might be sensible to take the money - even if Dundee only see 750k of it - and use that to strengthen.

Selling him to Rosenberg made no sense given it was a critical time in the season. This is different in my mind. The money could easily be used to bring in a CB,LB and ST which could make a big difference.

No disputing Caulker is our best player but I think it a bid like that comes in he’d be off. Far rather he went back down south as well.

No football fans on a forum will ever know the true financial situation but Keys has always subsidised us to a level where we've always had a big squad and appeared, on paper at least, to be competitive budget wise. We've went through years of paying players off and this year, it seems that once we sign two or three more - we'll have a pretty compact squad this season and don't look too overinvested in any area.

The way I see it, I don't really imagine another £750k at this stage would actually make a huge difference. We're actively chasing players right now and maybe have £150-200k put aside in wages for the season to do that based on your usual £1-2k Football Manager theoretical top-flight player salary. The principle of doubling or tripling that to go for higher quality is something that could have huge rewards; but at this time in the season, with not a huge amount of time to sound out players in that price range, the guys you might end up with could be Guy Demel or Pongolle rather than Mulumbu.

If he wants to go, he wants to go and no one wants to keep an unhappy player at the club but I'd really need to be convinced that there's some succession planning in place. I actually think McCann's signings will do quite well this season and emerge as a decent side but I think it is stability it needs and we all saw the goals we leaked without a player of Caulker's side in the team (and even with him in it in spite of his efforts).

If it meant 2 of Forsyth, Coulibaly or another similarly gifted centre-back coming in though, I would certainly be happy!

Absolutely agree with previous comments that we should cash in on Caulker if there's £1.5m being offered (or even half of that if he's personally due the balance). There's no point in clinging on to him for a few months and losing him for nothing and the proposed move to Leeds would be a decent fit for him as he looks to continue his recovery. 

Again agree with thoughts above. Caulker is excellent, however when he arrived we all knew he wasn’t going to be long term. Even if he gets half hopefully as said above, 750k is still a good amount for McCann to use if he gets that money to spend.  

Cash in and get a striker and left back....as if it’s that simple but ideally that’s how I’d like to see this happen. 

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Also, as much as people have disliked O'Dea's performances recently, he's more than quality back-up to Kusunga and Meekings at this level. 

If we can get a decent fee for Caulker it'll strengthen our position to reinvest in the areas that desperately need it. 

I'd imagine if Caulker goes McCann would go back in for that CH he was after in pre season.

Can't see O'Dea getting much game time unless we're desperate tho tbh coz he was woefully short on pace last season so he's only going to have got slower...

Just the thought of him and Hamilton playing together gives me the fear!

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

I'd imagine if Caulker goes McCann would go back in for that CH he was after in pre season.

Can't see O'Dea getting much game time unless we're desperate tho tbh coz he was woefully short on pace last season so he's only going to have got slower...

Just the thought of him and Hamilton playing together gives me the fear!

Baldwin went to Sunderland for a few hundred grand.

7 minutes ago, Muzziedee said:

Daily Record is reporting that with Rangers are considering a move for Caulker along side Leeds. Other English clubs are interested apparently. 

That last part is the bit that could be in our favour - hopefully another English club comes in and it puts the fee up.

Sevco seems a strange one because they don't have the finances and I always thoughthat caulker was more likely to go to Celtic because of the Rodgers link.

I would trust a Sevco bid as much as our McFadden bid under Di Stefano.

If Dundee walk away from this with £1m in the bank it’s a no brainer. The ball’s in our court, if it’s English club’s involved ask for a ridiculous amount of money and work your way down to somewhere in the middle. If Caulker intimates he wants to leave then tell him he’ll have to take a cut in his percentage if there is indeed such a clause. 

Tom Aldred who was on loan at Motherwell last season would be an ideal replacement who can perform at this level without a risk element. Not sure if he’s signed for a new club over the summer right enough. 

Edited by Yenitit

Agreed Rangers will offer hee haw upfront probably ask us to pay his bus fair down to Glasgow for them. Lol

Just hoping that other teams are monitoring Leeds interest and start trying to up each other. 

If we sell him just want the money put to investing the team.

Anyone heard anything about Kamara?

Gerrard was at our game on Saturday and I wondered if he would be tempted to put in a bid for his old teammate after a pretty decent performance from Caulker. 

Time to hang fire and be patient until Friday when the English transfer window closes. There will be a lot of good standard players who won’t get a look in at their club’s and will either be frozen out the game for 6 months or can get a move and play.  I thought it was just the English Premiership transfer window the closed tomorrow but going by today’s papers it’s at all levels. 

With Rangers signing another left back yesterday Lee Wallace if he’s fit and available could be achievable if we’ve got a bit of dough in for Caulker. 

Sell Caulker and get in three bizarrely named obscure French players (LB, CB and ST) please McCann.

Please don’t sell to R*ng*rs for £200,000’s worth of out of date BP vouchers.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Muzziedee said:

Agreed Rangers will offer hee haw upfront probably ask us to pay his bus fair down to Glasgow for them. Lol

Just hoping that other teams are monitoring Leeds interest and start trying to up each other. 

If we sell him just want the money put to investing the team.

Anyone heard anything about Kamara?

Last I saw was that both ugly sisters were looking at him as well as Wolves and Burnley.

46 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Last I saw was that both ugly sisters were looking at him as well as Wolves and Burnley.

Both wolves and Burnley are spending loads this summer. Wonder if McGinn going to Villa as it looks if celtic will put in a bid for Kamara then