All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

They’re selling their main striker and have just rejected a bid of around the same amount.

Maybe we should just cut the middle man and go for Rowe.

About 4-5 year ago Rowe and Bonne were my strikers on Fm and led me from the Conference to the Prem. Make it happen McCann. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where’d you hear that?

We played them in pre-season so I suppose they would’ve had a first hand look at him then.

I have no idea what paper it's in but it was posted on Twitter. Here's a screenshot: 

Screenshot_20180808-010441.png

I have no idea what paper it's in but it was posted on Twitter. Here's a screenshot: 
Screenshot_20180808-010441.thumb.png.45318bd94078977b554f2bd7c4f62af5.png
thats surepy taken from the star? cant think of another paper, in scotland, that prints those really small bullet points? we also all know that english media doesnt cover our leagues!

FGR are apparently looking for £750k for him. Link to The Sun here. He's been linked with Aberdeen, Sunderland and Bristol Rovers.

Shit! I didn’t think he was on any radars. £750k!? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Take it and buy a decent LB and Shank.
Caulker cost us nothing as far as I. Aware anyway. 100% profit and he is due to go at some point. Why not now when it could serve us best?

I agree with this.

He came in for nothing and was never going to be a long term signing. Therefore, I think it might be sensible to take the money - even if Dundee only see 750k of it - and use that to strengthen.

Selling him to Rosenberg made no sense given it was a critical time in the season. This is different in my mind. The money could easily be used to bring in a CB,LB and ST which could make a big difference.

No disputing Caulker is our best player but I think it a bid like that comes in he’d be off. Far rather he went back down south as well.

Agree with the above thoughts. Personally I’d try and push the price up a bit as the English deadline is tomorrow so we have the upper hand. But take the approx 1.5 - 2m (minus anything due to Caulker) and reinvest 50%. That will go a long way to helping balance the squad and filling the known problem areas.

I’d like to keep him but it makes far more sense to get the money, he came in for nothing.

Caulker would be mad not to go to Leeds if there is legitimate interest, basket club or not, they're an absolutely massive club and are now playing under a legendary manager in Bielsa. 

It's an absolute no brainer. If the interest is true, we can only hope we can push up the price slightly. 

Also, as much as people have disliked O'Dea's performances recently, he's more than quality back-up to Kusunga and Meekings at this level. 

If we can get a decent fee for Caulker it'll strengthen our position to reinvest in the areas that desperately need it.