All things Dundee FC

I'd have Ludo back in the goal tbh. I'd have Letheren, Simonsen, a 46 year old Douglas. I think this is the weakest we've been in the goalkeeping department since we had Derek Soutar and Kelvin Jack which was 13 year ago. Fucking hell. 
Ludo was class but just spent so long injured. The positive about a Samson f**k up was always that it'd put him back in the side.

I'm still a little surprised he didn't get a top flight team tbh. Thought he was one of Rae's best signings. Insane having him and Big Rab in the second tier!

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Ludo was class but just spent so long injured. The positive about a Samson f**k up was always that it'd put him back in the side.

I'm still a little surprised he didn't get a top flight team tbh. Thought he was one of Rae's best signings. Insane having him and Big Rab in the second tier!

One of Rae's best signings and he insisted on playing Samson ahead of him even when Ludo was fit was infuriating. When Rab was signed that was it for both keepers. 

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

IMG_1533477028.806163.jpg

What a team we had back then btw...

emoji23.png

Did you have a striker called Brian Deasley at that point? He was unreal on FM around that time. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did you have a striker called Brian Deasley at that point? He was unreal on FM around that time. 

He's the second one in the front row.

Went to bed on Saturday night seething that we had spunked money on a dodgy keeper and woke up on Sunday morning seething that we'd spunked money on a dodgy keeper. However, after watching ex-Barcelona and current Man City keeper Claudio Bravo have a couple of dodgy moments yesterday, it reminded me that all keepers are prone to moments of madness and as such I am prepared to forgive and forget as long as he plays out of his fucking skin anytime he plays between now and the end of the season. 

Just speaking on what I saw this Saturday, aside from that horrific mistake I thought Hamilton performed pretty well. I don't think there was much he could do about the 1st goal, and aside from the 2nd goal and when he nearly did something similar in the 1st half he was relatively solid and made some good saves. He looked confident on the crosses front. If he had a LB more suited and comfortable in the position I don't think a situation like that would develop. At the time I wanted to rip his goddamn head off, but with a day to recollect my thoughts I feel it's just a cocky mistake. Next time in that situation he just knocks it out for a throw in or even a corner.

I feel he'll have learned from this and I personally have no problem with him being in goal against Aberdeen. Maybe give Ralph another go on his left. Poor Cammy is just lost at LB. Hell, just plug him just ahead a bit to maybe stop teams from easing through the midfield, idk. The team I saw was better than I thought they'd be, just unlucky and a little unfocused. I don't think it'll take much to fix the issues at the back.

As for the front, get Moussa away from here.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:58, Biscuits said:

I assume McCann has told your keeper to always play it to either full back? Was apparent very early that was the case and we started closing them both down when they went back to receive it. Fair enough trying to play football from the back but sometimes it just needs to be booted down the park.

Decent point to raise.  Kerr is immediately pressured. hits a poorly judged pass back to a keeper immediately under pressure himself.  The rest took care of itself. St Mirren clearly spotted that as a key way of closing down how we play out from the back and it cost us a goal, self inflicted from nothing more than chasing it down.

Allegedly most of the squad thought so as well.

Probably explains why most of the team were constantly injured.
If ever there was an argument for a Physio being a hairy ersed brickie wi calluses on his hands it was Karen.
Players constantly feigning injury and when she runs over to treat them the first thing she's told is "It's ma baws "...

14 minutes ago, Girth said:

Anyone else heard the rumour Kamara is off to Celtic this week!?

As soon as he wasn't in the team on Saturday the "rumours" were always going to start, in all honesty. 

Don't think they'd have sent him to the captains thing last week if there were offers on the table but sometimes these things move quickly.  We can only wait and see. IMO, it's only a matter of time before he leaves and it all comes back to succession planning like I spoke about last week. 

8 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Still raging at Hamilton's epic cluster f**k but reading this has cheered me up a bit... https://mobile.twitter.com/Fyviesque/status/1026178274039353345

(twitter thread of utds decline - pre Armstrong and GMS getting sold through til now)

Missing them raving about their "golden generation" days before we pumped them in the SC Final. 

Missed them raving about John Souttar being the most talented CH in Scotland before May ragdolls him and bags a hat trick. 

Missing McNamaras "easier to destroy than create" meltdown after yet another pumping to Saints. 

Missing Stevie May taking a shot from forty yards that's going miles wide, only for the keeper to land on top of it, knock it through his own legs and into the net for a 1-0 win. 

Last one's my fav, skip to 1:41..

Missing them raving about their "golden generation" days before we pumped them in the SC Final. 
Missed them raving about John Souttar being the most talented CH in Scotland before May ragdolls him and bags a hat trick. 
Missing McNamaras "easier to destroy than create" meltdown after yet another pumping to Saints. 
Missing Stevie May taking a shot from forty yards that's going miles wide, only for the keeper to land on top of it, knock it through his own legs and into the net for a 1-0 win. 
Last one's my fav, skip to 1:41..

Nobody gives a flying f**k about your team trying to manufacture any sort of rivalry with any team in Tayside’s superior city. Get this pish into the Fermers thread; no-one here gives a shit.

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Nobody gives a flying f**k about your team trying to manufacture any sort of rivalry with any team in Tayside’s superior city. Get this pish into the Fermers thread; no-one here gives a shit.

Theres less aggressive ways to get greenies, m8.