All things Dundee FC

Happy “Hamilton and Morton tried to cheat Dundee out of the Championship title but failed” day. What’s your favourite memory of that day? For me, it’s either the Letheren save or the pitch invasion after the final whistle.

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Happy “Hamilton and Morton tried to cheat Dundee out of the Championship title but failed” day. What’s your favourite memory of that day? For me, it’s either the Letheren save or the pitch invasion after the final whistle.

Have to go for the 'Derry Conga' at 2-08)

8 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Awesome day - would have said that save but I bumped into that many family and friends on the pitch the pitch invasion wins it for me :thumsup2

The conga is definitely up there - was loving it from where we were in the Cox

Edited by locheedee

The whole day was awesome. I didn’t finish work until 2pm and then met my Mrs, ran to the car and headed to Dens. Got there about 2:45 expecting it to be mental, got parked at the snug no bother, Street was empty, then I heard distant singing and saw from the top of the hill that the bobby cox was already full. Managed to get two seats right at the front to witness Letherens save. The pitch invasion wins it for me though. After leaving a derry rhumba in the centre circle I saw my mate, absolutely steaming who said “did you hear what the Hamilton score was? Fuckin 17-0! Yaaaas!” I was oblivious to the Hamilton score until then because my phone had no signal, when I left the ground I got about 40 texts through from my mates every time Hamilton scored. What a day.

Tully reporting that contract talks between O'Hara and the club have stalled

As long as Kamara stays I'm nonplussed about this. I think O'Hara has the potential to be a major talent for us. He's not near the talent Kamara is, however, and without McGowan our midfield doesn't work. Therefore I'd have been looking to strengthen the position that O'Hara plays whether he stays or goes in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As long as Kamara stays I'm nonplussed about this. I think O'Hara has the potential to be a major talent for us. He's not near the talent Kamara is, however, and without McGowan our midfield doesn't work. Therefore I'd have been looking to strengthen the position that O'Hara plays whether he stays or goes in the summer.

I do rate him, but he must improve his intensity levels, tends to drop off completely in the second half

I do rate him, but he must improve his intensity levels, tends to drop off completely in the second half

Our midfield is lopsided at the moment. He's currently the weakest of the trio. When he's on form, he can slay anyone in the league single handedly.

It's worth remembering he's younger than Cammy Kerr therefore, I'd hate to see him realise his talent elsewhere but he's currently the one that drops out the midfield if we are to strengthen next season at present.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our midfield is lopsided at the moment. He's currently the weakest of the trio. When he's on form, he can slay anyone in the league single handedly.

It's worth remembering he's younger than Cammy Kerr therefore, I'd hate to see him realise his talent elsewhere but he's currently the one that drops out the midfield if we are to strengthen next season at present.

He's less key to us than Kamara and Gowser like you mentioned, but if he could improve he'd be a game-changer. Obviously we'll need to secure survival and then we can discuss more deals. FWIW, he won't be keen for another relegation battle, so to attract others and keep certain players, we must show we can challenge further up the table and that starts by beating Hamilton on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Mine’s was standing in the Derry with my mate a couple of minutes after the full time whistle and there must’ve only been about 100 left in it because everyone else was on the park :lol: 

The girl sitting behind me saying it’s 8-2 then 9-2 then 10-2 was getting me a tad nervous tho!

Dunno how I feel about the idea of us wearing hoops. Particularly in our 125th anniversary.

Taking that to one side though, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Despite it being a bog standard template kit, it’s actually a nice twist on a normal Dundee kit. Liking the hoops, won’t be buying one for obvious reasons, but I’m sure the Dees are happy.