All things Dundee FC

14 hours ago, K.T said:

Although completely unrealistic, I always thought that kids tickets should be free. Encourage the non-die hards to attend games and get the future fans through the gates. Tickets prices are getting ridiculous and it’s becoming unaffordable for the average punter to take their families along. No wonder you end up with plastic fans supporting the OF or English teams.

Get it sorted Nelms ffs

Thank you.

This, U16s should be free. We let U12s in for nothing and it makes a difference, open it up and you'd get groups of them coming. Maybe some will fall away when they have start paying, but even if you could two or three out of six, you've gained something. 

The SFA/SPFL need to help though. If they invested in clubs and allowed them to lower prices for two/three seasons without the huge financial hit that would be bring, we'd probably, eventually, see a rise in crowds again. 

This, U16s should be free. We let U12s in for nothing and it makes a difference, open it up and you'd get groups of them coming. Maybe some will fall away when they have start paying, but even if you could two or three out of six, you've gained something. 
The SFA/SPFL need to help though. If they invested in clubs and allowed them to lower prices for two/three seasons without the huge financial hit that would be bring, we'd probably, eventually, see a rise in crowds again. 
It would be cool to see a case study done in a few years to see the impact that the under 12s in free at Thistle has had on their future attendance compared to the rest of Scottish Football. There's maybe enough data already and it could be the sort of thing that sparks future study.

Even just 50 or so more hardcore fans being created per season can potentially make a huge difference long term.

32 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It would be cool to see a case study done in a few years to see the impact that the under 12s in free at Thistle has had on their future attendance compared to the rest of Scottish Football. There's maybe enough data already and it could be the sort of thing that sparks future study.

Even just 50 or so more hardcore fans being created per season can potentially make a huge difference long term.

Definitely. Footballs a drug and all about routine. You get kids into the routine of going to the football on a Saturday at 3 then it should stick with them their entire life. 

59 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's under 16's at Thistle and has been for a good few years now!

Pretty decent offer from the club connected to renewing the season tickets. A current season ticket holder can take a friend for free to the next 2 home games this season as long as they apply for a ticket  on top of the 2 free games next season which includes the Celtic and Rangers games.  

18 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

Set my alarm an hour late to buy my daughter a strip today and all sold out d'oh. Good marketing though as I wouldn't have rushed to buy one without the day before thing. 

Yeah all 50 sold out sharpish. Quite a mad plan to sell strips before they were seen. I just hope for the sake of those that bought them that they aren't horrendous. 

It’s what Saturdays are made for.  
None of this Harvey Nichols, Ikea, Union Square nonesense my wife was talking about!
279AEC83-2C50-42F6-965C-C200B73E4FF9.thumb.jpeg.d6f6f340aff0f87ed2e1672d77920f61.jpeg

I reckon they should have put a full picture of the Derry on them for next season,would have been classy as f**k.

12 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

I reckon they should have put a full picture of the Derry on them for next season,would have been classy as f**k.

Excellent idea and they could send the picture to Anderson and the rest of the St Johnstone players seeing as they seem to enjoy staring at the Derry so much!

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Pretty decent offer from the club connected to renewing the season tickets. A current season ticket holder can take a friend for free to the next 2 home games this season as long as they apply for a ticket  on top of the 2 free games next season which includes the Celtic and Rangers games.  

I don’t think the club are going to move on prices so the more incentives to buy a season ticket the better.  How about:

Chance to attend a Q&A session with McCannn / Nelms similar to the one Hartley held.

Lottery for U’16 season ticket holders to have a training session with the coaches.

Limited number of discounted tickets for selected away matches.  This deal would obviously have to be agreed and reciprocated with the other clubs involved.

McCann to give away one of his watches at the end of the season to a lucky season ticket holder.

OK, I’m pushing it with the last one but the others wouldn’t cost too much to introduce.

I don't think DFC have taken advantage of the demise of our dayglo neighbours to embed a new generation of supporters for years to come. Partly that is about lack of real success on the pitch but it's also about making it cheap to bring them to games and providing a good match day experience. It's really not difficult

No.
Hamilton, Liney, Seith, Ure, Wishart, Cox
Smith, Penman, Sammy Kean (I think), Bob Shankly, Cousin, Gilzean, Robertson.

Ok cheers. Was just reading that he played 9 times that season which qualified him for a medal.